Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7,461 - 7,480 of 8,335 Posts
I see the side clips in your photo::
View attachment 310997

Maybe your side clips were not secured to begin with. I had a difficult time resecuring them after changing my filter.
I didn’t even notice those.
I did not need to use those side pieces to open the access door to change out the cabin air filter.

Finally my aircon gave up by just giving hiss sound when I turned it on. Leave the car in the workshop and they change the cooling coil, seems less than 4 year for leaking coil is too much, but seems common nowadays according to the workshop, and some people mentioned some newer model also have compressor issue. Well hope it will not breakdown for another 4 years.
Now it backs like new when it is cold in the hot afternoon with 35 centigrade when I just set the aircon at 26 centigrade.

I completed an engine oil and filter change today along with a rear differential oil drain and refill at 25,227 miles.
Fumoto drain valve and hose to drainpan makes it almost too easy. Tokyo Roki filter 15208AA160 along with QSFS, SP spec, 5w-30 for summer fill.
Rear diff plugs both require a 10mm HEX socket fitting; break both loose, position catch pan and remove the drain plug, then remove the fill plug. Valvoline 75w-90 diff oil in a bag to replenish. Be sure to put the plug with the magnet in the drain position- the lower of the two.

Replaced a custom daytime running light that wasn't working.

The rear bumper fascia was a little loose. Replaced a missing push pin. And when that didn't solve it all, drilled a new hole for a new push pin.

I managed to cut a tire on a piece of road debris a couple of days ago. Although the plugs (it took 2) stopped the leak, I knew I wasn't going to feel comfortable relying on the repair's integrity. So, off with the Yokohama Geolandar Touring and on with the Falken Wildpeaks. I know that's a popular tire on this forum and my further research supported that opinion. Wet traction has always been at the top of my list for selecting tires and these had top marks. It doesn't hurt that they look good too.

Doug

42 Month self-service: oil and filter change. I also changed the cabin air filter. Engine air filter still looks good. Maintenance schedule has the two air filters being replaced at the same time every 12 months, but I switched to cabin filter to Summer so I change it right after pollen season.

I have to comment, this car has the easiest oil and filters change of any that i've owned. Especially with the Fumoto valve. My hands hardly got dirty and my back doesn't hurt.

Installed a white glove box light (PN 66237AJ08A) (looks much better) and took the diffuser that came with it and put it on my center console light. The blue light I initially got did not come with it. I also updated my build post accordingly.

I can't at the moment recall who it was I was talking to about this. There was some thread somewhere about what people carried in their "trunk", and how. @stupidchicken03 @Doca .

So contents of the trunk, a T-wrench, recovery strap, shackles, lug nuts, the bag has jumper cables, first aid kit, new jumper pack (which obsoletes the cables, but whatever) tire gauge, flashlight, rain ponchoes. emergency blanket, scraps of rope, ratchet straps, window cleaner, various tools, red flag, matches, fuses, this and that.

Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Trunk Car Automotive design

That brings this up is that the suitcase I had containing all this, the zipper broke. So I came up with another one. Not blue to match the car this time, but it was available. And it tucks in tight under the cargo cover bar. So doesn't take up too much space.

Drum Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Automotive tire Wood

Attachments

Few things I've done recently:
  • Changed oil last Sunday (about 2,700 miles in the last 6 months)
  • Drained and changed rear diff fluid (14,700 miles in the last 35 months)
  • Purchased AEM dry flow air filter to replace the stock engine filter

Plan to do the front diff fluid change tomorrow along with tire rotation and drop in the new engine filter.

Light Automotive tire Tire Bumper Tread

Installed orange powder coated hella horns from subie mods yesterday. Pretty detailed and difficult install because I’m type A and can’t live with some cheap Amazon wiring harness, so I made one myself to make it as OEM as possible. I would never do it again. But at least they look cool, and trucks pay attention to me now 😉. Also, power folding mirrors are installed and functional too. Will do a write-up on those later in the summer
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

7,461 - 7,480 of 8,335 Posts