Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7241 - 7260 of 7273 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
461 Posts
I need my Falken stock tires to wear down faster so I can get some Wildpeaks. Hopefully the price will come back down. When I first started looking at them, they were $50 cheaper per tire!
Falken doesn't seem to do rebates. I got 10% off (about $70, which is what rebates on other brands generally is) by signing up for 6 months interest free financing with Discount Tire. Then talked them into a credit on my OEM tires which only had about 20K on them. It was $10 a tire, but something is better than nothing. Also Discount Tire had a $50 gift card promotion going.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,531 Posts
Falken doesn't seem to do rebates. I got 10% off (about $70, which is what rebates on other brands generally is) by signing up for 6 months interest free financing with Discount Tire. Then talked them into a credit on my OEM tires which only had about 20K on them. It was $10 a tire, but something is better than nothing.
I couldn't do any better than the price at Discount Tire, which was $300 less than the local tire place. No rebate.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,862 Posts
I paid $720 for my Wildpeaks in September. Mounted, balanced, road hazard and rotations. But then spent $200 more for new TPMS.

·
Registered
631 Posts
ooooo nice find.
I literally just supported this Iniegogo earlier this week.. shipping Feb or March this year. If Moto can release theirs sooner, ill cancel the IGG and buy theirs.

I bought this one off IGG. Works great.

·
Registered
107 Posts
dmiles2493, what if I place the S21+ length-wise inside the cubby? I could add/glue lateral tracks on the charging mat that would keep the phone in the right position (above the coils).
Unfortunately, that likely won’t work very well either. The wireless charging coils are placed horizontally underneath the rubber pad in the cubby as pictured. It’s designed for phones to sit parallel with it, thus the size constraint. You could certainly DIY something that runs lengthwise though.
Automotive lighting Rectangle Television Font Window

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
784 Posts
Falken doesn't seem to do rebates. I got 10% off (about $70, which is what rebates on other brands generally is) by signing up for 6 months interest free financing with Discount Tire. Then talked them into a credit on my OEM tires which only had about 20K on them. It was $10 a tire, but something is better than nothing. Also Discount Tire had a $50 gift card promotion going.
They had a gift card deal a few months back with a purchase of 4 tires and the wildpeaks were included when you buy through Tire Rack. Wasn't a bad deal ultimately. I keep checking my tread depth and I've got 6/32" left on all 4 tires (lost 2/32" over the last 6 months and 3,000mi). I had the pressure up a bit in the summer so I could see if the car would run more efficiently and wear the tires a bit better in the center (shoulders were wearing more than the middle at the time). Now they're a little more even and I'll get another reading closer to June when I rotate and deep clean the wheels and barrels.

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
461 Posts
I had the pressure up a bit in the summer so I could see if the car would run more efficiently and wear the tires a bit better in the center (shoulders were wearing more than the middle at the time). Now they're a little more even and I'll get another reading closer to June when I rotate and deep clean the wheels and barrels.
I noticed that Discount Tire put a few more pounds in these than they did in the stock tires, maybe because the shape of the tire/tread wears differently.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
784 Posts
I noticed that Discount Tire put a few more pounds in these than they did in the stock tires, maybe because the shape of the tire/tread wears differently.
Perhaps. I know my stock tires may wear a bit more quickly given my car weighs an extra 500lbs or so since it's got the hybrid battery and the extra stuff. I'm pretty sure my stock tires are not 'hybrid specific' to handle the extra weight like some EVs would have, but it would be nice to get the wildpeaks at some point because they'll handle the snow much better than these all season tires and I just don't want to have to have 2 sets of tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Added a Scan Gauge to the mix.
Had to use the '15 and newer WRX with CVT code to make it work on my '18 Crosstrek.
Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Super-Duper Moderator
1,180 Posts
3:3 Planned Mods for 2022 have been completed courtesy of 'Santa'.... 😇

Transfer of Hella Horns from my old Forester.
DD interior LED lights. (Maps, Center & Cargo Flex strip) & SS3 Max - 3K Amber option.
RA Mudlfaps from TR on inventory closeout that I couldn't pass up. (<$92)

I should have moved the cargo light strip forward 2-3 inches so I'm not being blinded when open, but I was short on time doing that one.... Plus the 3M peel & stick only tolerates one small adjustment before it won't keep sticking...

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive lighting Amber Headlamp Automotive exterior Automotive fog light
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Product
Plant Automotive lighting Building Window Road surface

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,050 Posts
I should have moved the cargo light strip forward 2-3 inches so I'm not being blinded when open, but I was short on time doing that one.... Plus the 3M peel & stick only tolerates one small adjustment before it won't keep sticking...

View attachment 309204

That's why I installed my strip on the hatch, so it illuminates everything below ;)

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,862 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Run through the car was and put on these little blue valve stem caps.

·
Registered
2021 Sport
89 Posts
Got the pressure washer out and washed all the accumulated salt from the Sport (and a couple of other vehicles), including the under chassis. This device makes washing the undercarriage a breeze.

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
163 Posts
What all did you use as far as the drive train? Did you do a full 5.114 conversion or left the XV trans and everything else?
I used everything. Absolutely everything. Even if I knew some of the parts were the same ( wiper motors , gas tank , heat and vent ducts etc) I changed it anyway. Wasn’t taking any chances. I actually got to drive it a bit around my lot. It’s going to be hilarious. Tomorrow I will get the headlights and tail lights all sorted. It’s a little low for my lifestyle so I have to work out how I am going to get it to the height I need , shouldn’t be a big issue . Ordered some Method 17” wheels which are designed to go around those massive Brembos. Thanks for the question, I’ll keep you posted on progress if you are interested.

7241 - 7260 of 7273 Posts