Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7221 - 7240 of 7272 Posts

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,862 Posts
Cutlass, I guess the driver's floor dimensions of your 2016 Crosstrek is different from those of later years. The 3DMAXpiders mats on my 2021 fit around the gas release lever.

View attachment 309126

Looks like they cut it a little different because the car was a complete redesign in 2018. So while many things look similar, pretty much nothing is the same.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,530 Posts
I must admit, I'm surprised more of the mats don't cover up the fuel door lever...

·
He wasn't there!
1,862 Posts
I must admit, I'm surprised more of the mats don't cover up the fuel door lever...

Why in the ever loving **** would you want it to?

Reactions: Rjroski63

·
He wasn't there!
1,862 Posts
Reactions: Rjroski63

·
Prefers black cats
14,530 Posts
FWIW, we don't have anything other than the factory fabric mats in the car 99% of the time and it's fine. It's a warm, dry climate here. The last time we went up to the snow we borrowed mom-in-law's OEM rubber mats and they were fine for a couple of days in the snow.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
784 Posts
The OEM mats say the say thing. I don't understand it either, except that they may fit better if there's not another thicker mat underneath...
@Cutlass it's because if you layer one mat on the other, the top mat is more likely to slide and get stuck behind the gas or brake pedal and could cause an accident. This is exactly what happened those years ago with Toyota and they found people were stacking floor mats and it was causing accidents because they weren't able to press the brake pedal when the floor mat got bunched behind the pedal.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
784 Posts
FWIW, we don't have anything other than the factory fabric mats in the car 99% of the time and it's fine. It's a warm, dry climate here. The last time we went up to the snow we borrowed mom-in-law's OEM rubber mats and they were fine for a couple of days in the snow.
I always use all weather mats because over time with carpet ones, they always develop that wear mark from your heel and I just have a huge pet peeve about that. I wish they had the anchor points on the passenger side for the floor mats, but my wife bought a kit on Amazon and did it in her car so we're going to do it in mine.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Crystal Black Silica, Black Interior, 2016 VW Touareg Luxury
45 Posts
Not much, but I did order a set of liners for the armrests, cupholders, console etc. Figured it would be a lot easier to remove them and clean them than it would be to clean those areas themselves. Plus the orange on them looks really cool with the orange stitching on the dash and seats.
Automotive design Plant Camera lens Personal luxury car Reflex camera
Car White Gear shift Light Black

·
Registered
21 Premium 6MT Horizon Blue Pearl
80 Posts
Today finally got the real license plates in and removed the gaudy paper plates. Front plate required here. I tossed the $50 chrome thingy the stealership slipped on it.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Prefers black cats
14,530 Posts
Also, some of their crappy plate holders can wear through the paint and then it rusts...

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
954 Posts
I just finished the lower A/C condenser protection, gutter guard mesh mod. Hopefully it will keep small stones and detritus from hitting the aluminum condenser and causing damage.
It took about an hour and a half including the head-scratching over how to get it inside of, and mounted to, the inside of the grille.

·
He wasn't there!
1,862 Posts
Got to drive to work in several inches of snow today. Crosstrek+Wildpeaks=no problem.

Reactions: dpc166 and BobNH

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,001 Posts
My feelings exactly! 22,500 miles on mine, and they still look like new ...

·
Prefers black cats
14,530 Posts
$899 for four at Discount Tire here with fitting and balancing, May go for the $95 alignment, too.

This will be the only major expense in over four years and should last five years so I'm not bothered.

7221 - 7240 of 7272 Posts