Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7201 - 7220 of 7273 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sport
89 Posts
Another boring update. Changed oil and filter on the Sport yesterday. Used Shell Rotella Gas truck 0W-20 and a Purolator Boss PBL14615 filter. Mileage was @10462. Car continues to impress.
Another boring update: Changed oil and filter on the Sport yesterday (30 Dec 2021). Used 3.5 Qts of Shell Rotella Gas Truck (SRGT) 0W-20 and @1 qt of 5W-30 SRGT. Filter was Purolator Boss PBL14615. Need to procure some more 0W-20 oil. Mileage was @15578. Car has been wonderful thus far.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
784 Posts
Did my routine checks of the car. Checked the fluids, battery voltage, engine air filter, and tire pressures. Keeping the tire pressures around 34psi for the winter (door says 36/35 F/R) for a little better contact patch for any snow.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
954 Posts
Another boring update: Changed oil and filter on the Sport yesterday (30 Dec 2021). Used 3.5 Qts of Shell Rotella Gas Truck (SRGT) 0W-20 and @1 qt of 5W-30 SRGT. Filter was Purolator Boss PBL14615. Need to procure some more 0W-20 oil. Mileage was @15578. Car has been wonderful thus far.
Mixing oil weights is an interesting solution.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,862 Posts
paid off my loan! starting the new year with NO DEBT! hope i end it that way :cool:

I started 2020 with no debt after paying the car off in December, and have had only rotating debt since then. Nice feeling.

Reactions: Skyfix and Qat

·
Registered
107 Posts
This week I’ve been quite busy with the subie:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Car

Installed SS3 Yellow Sports and JDM LED liners. The SS3s were an absolute lighting game changer. The mainly help improve the blind spots when turning. Definitely worth the $. Got the JDM liners from JDMayamoto for anyone wondering. Wired it through the hood release port in the firewall and is switched on the latching fog light switch used for base model fog kits.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Installed LED reverse lights from JDM astar and new tail lights and side markers from Diode Dynamics (both HP3 Red). Every light in back now LED. The reverse lights are especially wonderful.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Vehicle Automotive lighting Window Automotive tire Hood

Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel

Followed @stupidchicken03 ‘s great guide for installing an LED light strip on the rear hatch. Used a COB LED 12V light strip I found on the jungle website. I definitely prefer COB strips due to the even light distribution and cleaner look. Such an improvement for lighting.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate

added LED headlights and pre-resisted LED turn signals. Cougar Motor H11s 10,000 LM for the HLs and OXILAM 7440 Ambers for the turn signals (both from the jungle).Drove @ night with Cougar’s and they make a huge difference. Also super happy with the beam pattern (not scattered like w/ some LEDs).

Car Tire Hood Grille Automotive tire

Hand Finger Material property Font Art

Finally, got some orange exterior accessories. The front license plate delete is from subie supply co. Got the vinyl emblems from Orsini. Absolutely love the design as an avid mountain biker. Also have wheel center cap vinyl emblems and orange winglets. Have yet to install them (raining every day!!!😡) but looking forward to it.

in other news, I’m working hard on my wireless Charger retrofit write-up😎. Hoping to get it out soon.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Crystal Black Silica, Black Interior, 2016 VW Touareg Luxury
45 Posts
Know what you mean about debt. Fortunately we've been debt free for about 12 years now. So nice to get up every morning and not have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited - Magnetite Gray Metalic
59 Posts
Test fitted my 3D printed wireless charger pad today. It's working!!! Been in development for nearly a year at this point through a school project and very happy to see it finally come to fruition. I now have wireless CarPlay and fully integrated wireless charging. Below are some additional pictures of the prototypes and the finished product. I plan on releasing a separate write up when I completely finish this project on how it all works. It involves a retrofitted Xmode switch and a momentary to latching converter;).

View attachment 308481
View attachment 308480
This is the final prototype compared to the original Subaru part..
dmiles2493, a couple questions... are you planning to sell these wireless charging pads? and if so, how long before you have you have a finished product available for sale? (Waiting for final write up) If made available for sale and if it can fit and charge a Samsung s21+ phone, I would like to try to pair this custom-made charging pad with the new Android Auto Motorola wireless dongle that was announced on CES 2022. This new AA dongle should be available by the end of January 2022. Maybe I can attach this dongle on the top underside of the cubby and use one of the USB ports to connect it.

MA1 WIRELESS CAR ADAPTER FOR ANDROID AUTO

Product Peripheral Font Electronic device Input device

·
Registered
107 Posts
dmiles2493, a couple questions... are you planning to sell these wireless charging pads? and if so, how long before you have you have a finished product available for sale? (Waiting for final write up) If made available for sale and if it can fit and charge a Samsung s21+ phone, I would like to try to pair this custom-made charging pad with the new Android Auto Motorola wireless dongle that was announced on CES 2022. This new AA dongle should be available by the end of January 2022. Maybe I can attach this dongle on the top underside of the cubby and use one of the USB ports to connect it.

View attachment 309118
I can tell you that unfortunately it will not work with a phone that has a length longer than around 5.7”. I am off from school the next two days so hopefully I’ll be able to finalize all of the details soon. It’s a lot of work.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,050 Posts

View attachment 309118
ooooo nice find.
I literally just supported this Iniegogo earlier this week.. shipping Feb or March this year. If Moto can release theirs sooner, ill cancel the IGG and buy theirs.

·
He wasn't there!
1,862 Posts
Got the floor mats and fuse box cup holder and installed them today.

Car Automotive tire Vehicle Personal luxury car Motor vehicle

Seems my car could use a little interior cleaning. But winter is here.

Curious about something, mats said that for safety reasons they could not be put in above other mats. Which is what I did. No reasoning was given. Anyone know the reason? Is it because it makes the mats more likely to move around? Because the mats fill the space so completely that they really have no room to move.

🤷‍♂️

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,531 Posts
Curious about something, mats said that for safety reasons they could not be put in above other mats. Which is what I did. No reasoning was given. Anyone know the reason? Is it because it makes the mats more likely to move around? Because the mats fill the space so completely that they really have no room to move.

🤷‍♂️
The OEM mats say the say thing. I don't understand it either, except that they may fit better if there's not another thicker mat underneath...

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited - Magnetite Gray Metalic
59 Posts
I can tell you that unfortunately it will not work with a phone that has a length longer than around 5.7”. I am off from school the next two days so hopefully I’ll be able to finalize all of the details soon. It’s a lot of work.
dmiles2493, what if I place the S21+ length-wise inside the cubby? I could add/glue lateral tracks on the charging mat that would keep the phone in the right position (above the coils).

·
He wasn't there!
1,862 Posts
I really don't see how the max spiders could move around at all. But if they do, I'll take out the stock mats from beneath them.

I don't have many disapointments on this car, but the speed with which the carpets and mats are showing wear is certainly on the list. So I figure leave them in for whatever little increment of protection there is to be had.

7201 - 7220 of 7273 Posts