Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7121 - 7140 of 7169 Posts

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,711 Posts
Thanks!
Here's one I took shortly after install, will have to get a nice cold start one soon
I must admit, I rolled my eyes at this one but listened to the video and I like it. Probably only works well with MT though, which would suck in the LA traffic here.

Reactions: AwdsomeJess

·
Registered
702 Posts
Put Rallitek .5" Overload springs on the rear to take the sag out. Car feels more planted, a little less movement in crosswinds. Hopefully closer to level when loaded for camping or with the Hobie on the roof. Was concerned when comparing the two as the OEM was quite a bit longer than the Rallitek, but no worries. The rear reacts quicker now, will have to watch when slippery with the VDC off.

artosa

·
Registered
12 Posts
I must admit, I rolled my eyes at this one but listened to the video and I like it. Probably only works well with MT though, which would suck in the LA traffic here.
😂 Thanks! Mine's CVT and it sounds decent through the rpm range.

Wow, that sounds nice! Is your CT a 2.0 or 2.5?
Thanks! It's the 2.5

·
Prefers black cats
13,711 Posts
😂 Thanks! Mine's CVT and it sounds decent through the rpm range.

Thanks! It's the 2.5
Interesting, when you were revving it I assumed MT...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Drained and refilled both diffs. Valvoline 75W90 synthetic w/added Archoil 9100 friction modifier.

artosa

·
Prefers black cats
13,711 Posts
Forgot this one from last week. While we were on our trip, one day I was bored and re-routed the dash cam wires. The battery pack is now under the passenger seat (turns out it just fits - with Eyesight and HK, both front seats have a lot of stuff under them). Wires now go behind the center console trim. Much tidier and it only took four years... 😸

Reactions: Cutlass

·
Registered
853 Posts
Just finish 800 km drive with new Mobil 1 AFE 0w20 with Molygen Motor Protect, it was 3rd trearment. The 2nd treatment was 70k kms ago, and just ao surprised how quiet the engine is and how the oil maintain lower temperature longer.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
731 Posts
Did my routine checks of tire pressure, battery voltage, and fluid levels. Changing the oil at the end of the month and giving it a good wash. Got a Malco clay mitt to decon the paint during a 2nd foam cannon, then will apply Hydrosilex in at least 2 coats along with polishing the windshield and applying glass sealant. Keeps the windshield looking great without showing the wiper blade paths.

·
Registered
2021 Sport
84 Posts
Boring Update: Changed oil and filter on the Sport yesterday. Used Shell Rotella Gas truck 0W-20 and a Purolator Boss PBL14615 filter. Mileage is @5400.
Another boring update. Changed oil and filter on the Sport yesterday. Used Shell Rotella Gas truck 0W-20 and a Purolator Boss PBL14615 filter. Mileage was @10462. Car continues to impress.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Today I put my snow tires on. It’s nice to do it myself. A little early for me but wifey poo is going on a road trip next week so better safe than sorry. I’ll keep them off the outback till at least the end of the month.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It involved a Griot's synthetic clay puck and Meguiar's ultimate polish. Need to finish up polish and wax tomorrow. Then a second wash.

Tuesday: wax on. waiting for it to dry. Wax off.

And here's a shiny car...

View attachment 308366
Before you put anything on your car…you did it right…use a clay bar to all the crap that is stuck to the paint that washing does not get off. Looks nice!

Reactions: Qat

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
428 Posts
36K / 36 mo. oil change, engine filter, cabin filter at just over 22K miles. Easiest oil and filter change I've ever done, except for the drain plug.
Gas Font Household supply Gadget Plastic

Either the softest drain plug ever, or the dealership employs 400 pound gorillas. Had to use a bolt extraction socket.
Currency Money handling Nickel Money Silver

Recommended filter was the M1-108, but the 110 is the same height as the Subaru filter.
Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Headgear Automotive design

·
Prefers black cats
13,711 Posts
I feel sorry for the drain plug...

·
Registered
853 Posts
36K / 36 mo. oil change, engine filter, cabin filter at just over 22K miles. Easiest oil and filter change I've ever done, except for the drain plug.
View attachment 308449

Either the softest drain plug ever, or the dealership employs 400 pound gorillas. Had to use a bolt extraction socket.
View attachment 308450

Recommended filter was the M1-108, but the 110 is the same height as the Subaru filter.
View attachment 308451
That drain plug is one of the worst drain plug I ever have in the car, it is soft outside and inside, I have replaced 2 times with Subaru and now I give up and use aftermarket steel one with magnet.

7121 - 7140 of 7169 Posts