Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7101 - 7120 of 7742 Posts

· Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
656 Posts
OMG, LMFAO! I need that but greyscale...

· He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
2,227 Posts
Reactions: AwdsomeJess

· Registered
74 Posts
No pics yet, but finally had the front windows tinted to match the rears. I also found the OEM door handle cup protectors on ebay for $35 shipped, so I couldn't pass up on them at that price. Now I'm not keen on the STI logo on them, (I removed the sticker from my spoiler), but I'm shocked how many scratches that area got after a year, so I wanted them.

· Registered
214 Posts
Where did you get the badge?
AstroKats I believe it’s a vinyl overlay and Qat posted a link quoted here

· Electrified!
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,258 Posts
No pics yet, but finally had the front windows tinted to match the rears. I also found the OEM door handle cup protectors on ebay for $35 shipped, so I couldn't pass up on them at that price. Now I'm not keen on the STI logo on them, (I removed the sticker from my spoiler), but I'm shocked how many scratches that area got after a year, so I wanted them.
I'm always extremely careful when I open my doors. Even with my wedding ring on, I go to the first knuckle on my hand to avoid the ring scratching. I think the ceramic coating I use helps as well.

· Registered
74 Posts
I'm always extremely careful when I open my doors. Even with my wedding ring on, I go to the first knuckle on my hand to avoid the ring scratching. I think the ceramic coating I use helps as well.
Oh, I'm sure it does.
I do the same with to the first knuckle, am the only one that drives my car, and no wedding ring and I still have them. Not sure if a werewolf is checking my doors to steal stuff, but I have no idea where they are coming from. lol

· Registered
214 Posts
Yeah, I saw that, thanks both!

Any ideas what color combo would work. The Crosstrek is DGM and the cats are mostly black.
I know there’s a ton of options but honestly I really like the shadeshift ultramarine with the matte white star (first image shown on sale page). I feel like it wouldn’t be too offensive, still looks like the normal logo with a little twist, and contrasts nicely.

· Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
3,494 Posts
Had my Crosstrek in for the 2 recall yesterday, and they offered to do the multi-point inspection (about 30 items) for free while there. I said yes, of course, and everything passed. But just curious, is this normal, ie always free?

· Registered
214 Posts
Had my Crosstrek in for the 2 recall yesterday, and they offered to do the multi-point inspection (about 30 items) for free while there. I said yes, of course, and everything passed. But just curious, is this normal, ie always free?
Yes in my experience it’s free anytime you bring it in for service. Now I’d assume you can’t just drop by and ask them to do it, but anytime you bring it in for warranties, recalls, or specific servicing they complete this check.

· Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
17,759 Posts
Yes in my experience it’s free anytime you bring it in for service. Now I’d assume you can’t just drop by and ask them to do it, but anytime you bring it in for warranties, recalls, or specific servicing they complete this check.
Yeah, this - in my experience, they always do it for "free" although it's usually used to upsell (e.g. need new brakes pads, etc.)

· Registered
3,494 Posts
That's a pretty good free service then, as it is quite comprehensive. It includes removing all wheels, checking brakes, axles, suspension, etc, and a bunch of other stuff that takes a bit of work.

· Electrified!
1,258 Posts
That's a pretty good free service then, as it is quite comprehensive. It includes removing all wheels, checking brakes, axles, suspension, etc, and a bunch of other stuff that takes a bit of work.
Sometimes I feel they say they do these complimentary checks and don't really do it. I don't think they are taking that time to take your wheels off to check brakes, etc. Most of the time they do a quick check of hoses, fluid levels, axle boots, etc.

When my car gets inspected each year, they have to take at least one tire off to confirm the brake thickness and tread depth. It's doubtful they actually do all 4. I do my own measurements to confirm for my own records. I don't have to worry about my brakes much since it's a hybrid and I'm very easy on braking to use regen to the most effectiveness.

· Registered
706 Posts
Those types of "inspections" are always free. They hope to find an issue and then sell you the service. Remember "may I check your oil, sir"? He was hoping to sell you some. When I worked front end and lube bay in stations 55+ years ago on every oil change we always pulled the right front wheel and checked the brakes. Plus tires for wear, plus brake cylinders for leakeage. At the pumps a fill-up got the full treatment under the hood: oil level, belts, hoses, air filter, even brake fluid level if see-thru. Anything to make a sale.

· Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
17,759 Posts
Those types of "inspections" are always free. They hope to find an issue and then sell you the service. Remember "may I check your oil, sir"? He was hoping to sell you some. When I worked front end and lube bay in stations 55+ years ago on every oil change we always pulled the right front wheel and checked the brakes. Plus tires for wear, plus brake cylinders for leakeage. At the pumps a fill-up got the full treatment under the hood: oil level, belts, hoses, air filter, even brake fluid level if see-thru. Anything to make a sale.
It hasn't happened yet but if they find something I would thank them and then take it to my independent mechanic...

· Electrified!
1,258 Posts
It hasn't happened yet but if they find something I would thank them and then take it to my independent mechanic...
I love when you go there and they have a display dirty cabin filter that looked like it had been in the car for 10 years. They make easy money on people who don't know it takes all of 5 min to change an engine and cabin filter. Granted, my engine filter is 2.5yr old, but I pull it every so often to clean it off (since the engine doesn't run all that often). It's amazing how clean it is after all this time and is kinda neat that these last longer with the hybrid. I have an AEM filter from my 2015 Legacy that should fit so I may pop that in there in a few weeks when I do my oil change and get everything prepped for Winter.

· Registered
3,494 Posts
I love when you go there and they have a display dirty cabin filter that looked like it had been in the car for 10 years. They make easy money on people who don't know it takes all of 5 min to change an engine and cabin filter. Granted, my engine filter is 2.5yr old, but I pull it every so often to clean it off (since the engine doesn't run all that often). It's amazing how clean it is after all this time and is kinda neat that these last longer with the hybrid. I have an AEM filter from my 2015 Legacy that should fit so I may pop that in there in a few weeks when I do my oil change and get everything prepped for Winter.
I change my Crosstrek cabin and engine filters every year after the summer off-road season. They are not really dirty, but enough to get it done. They are not expensive (from rockauto), so basically a no brainer. My EV on the other hand, just changed my cabin filter (no engine filter of course), and it was still clean after 2 1/2 years of mostly city and some hwy driving.

· Electrified!
1,258 Posts
I change my Crosstrek cabin and engine filters every year after the summer off-road season. They are not really dirty, but enough to get it done. They are not expensive (from rockauto), so basically a no brainer. My EV on the other hand, just changed my cabin filter (no engine filter of course), and it was still clean after 2 1/2 years of mostly city and some hwy driving.
Yeah, my Crosstrek is pretty much just a commuter car at this point with working from home and I'm simply driving less than 20mi trips all EV and I'm rarely running the climate control because that eats battery. I did my cabin filter after 9300 miles (2yrs) when I did my oil change and tire rotation and cleaned the engine filter of some small debris. I've only added 2,100 miles in the last 5 months.

7101 - 7120 of 7742 Posts