Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7061 - 7080 of 7099 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru XV
108 Posts
Yesterday:
- Drain and fill of the rear diff: This turned out to not be necessary, fluid looked brand new and basically nothing on the magnet. The last change I had done had basically black fluid with lots of dust and an alarming shard on the magnet.
- Installed ADF carrier bearing spacers: Very easy job, didn't even jack up the xv.
- Installed Crawford billet power blocks (intake spacers): The how to video is only like 15 minutes long, but it definitely took me over an hour. Removing and installing the new EGR pipe took some real hand gymnastics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered my new crosstrek this week. Ordered a 2022 limited with moonroof2 package in pure red. I’m trading in my brz I’ve had for years. Time for something practical.
I plan on making a light off-road/overland build for adventures with the doggo!
Arrival to port is November 14th.

-B

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,424 Posts
Yesterday:
  • Drain and fill of the rear diff: This turned out to not be necessary, fluid looked brand new and basically nothing on the magnet. The last change I had done had basically black fluid with lots of dust and an alarming shard on the magnet.
  • Installed ADF carrier bearing spacers: Very easy job, didn't even jack up the xv.
  • Installed Crawford billet power blocks (intake spacers): The how to video is only like 15 minutes long, but it definitely took me over an hour. Removing and installing the new EGR pipe took some real hand gymnastics.
Do you notice any difference with the power blocks?

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
16 Posts
Waiting on a few purchases for the X Trek, one of which is the plate delete. Don't get me going about the holes in the bumper. But, in the mean time I was able to repurpose the Sto and Show plate bracket from my Charger so I can put the plate back on with ease if need be, had to put a small shim in for it to sit well, but mission accomplished. I hate front plates on a car.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle White Hood

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
644 Posts
Waiting on a few purchases for the X Trek, one of which is the plate delete. Don't get me going about the holes in the bumper. But, in the mean time I was able to repurpose the Sto and Show plate bracket from my Charger so I can put the plate back on with ease if need be, had to put a small shim in for it to sit well, but mission accomplished. I hate front plates on a car.
View attachment 307911
You should be able to buy bumper plugs online for your color. I ended up getting a carbon fiber license plate delete for mine because bumper plugs didn't come in my color. The screws go into the JDM holes and it covered the holes the dealer f'n drilled.

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Grille

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
16 Posts
You should be able to buy bumper plugs online for your color. I ended up getting a carbon fiber license plate delete for mine because bumper plugs didn't come in my color. The screws go into the JDM holes and it covered the holes the dealer f'n drilled.

View attachment 307913
Yep, the plate delete was one of things I ordered. If it was only the JDM holes I would have gone with the plugs, but this worked out with being able to re-use the "on the fly" bracket. :)

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,752 Posts
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Had her professionally washed and detailed.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Even I was skeptical at first on the new STI rear draw stiffener part for Subaru XV, I bought and installed it today. The install is a bit troublesome due to need to remove the rear bumper by unclipping it and remove the 4 bolts that holds the bumper support to the chassis. I am impressed on the improvement made especially during turning and undulating roads, the car just feel more planted, less side to side movement, and kinda the suspension works harder rather than the rear body is bouncing around. It somehow also helps change lane easier and more decisively but no chance to try on the real high speed turning yet. So conclusion, money well spent 👍 👍👍.
Plan to swap my active sub and my sound system amplifier, as well as installing additional switch to manually turn off the whole add-on components to save battery and fuel, hopefully it will finish in a day.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just minor update after I had chance to try the rear draw stiffener on the high speed sweeping turn..only one word 👍. Can't recall exactly but it seems this give the most prominent effect on the handling especially reducing the rubbery steering feel on Crosstrek that make tracing the racing line is a piece cake and inspire more confidence on turning even though the road is wavy.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,752 Posts
Just minor update after I had chance to try the rear draw stiffener on the high speed sweeping turn..only one word 👍. Can't recall exactly but it seems this give the most prominent effect on the handling especially reducing the rubbery steering feel on Crosstrek that make tracing the racing line is a piece cake and inspire more confidence on turning even though the road is wavy.

Which generation car do you have and what is the part that you added?

·
Registered
800 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Did the pre-OIL change intake service and requisite Italian tune-up. Ran engine at 3k-3.1k; worked better, less smoke, no knocking compared to last time at 2.6-2.8k.

artosa

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,280 Posts
Got the recalls done, and a service.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Finally after some times struggle with the new Bluejean RCA cable I used with new amplifier and active subwoofer, the result starts to pays off. Will still some times to do fine tuning but can hear clearly the difference on high and mid-high, when the amp has enough power to drive the midbass speaker. Due to crosstrek head unit is always on when the engine is on and on ACC mode, I installed switch from SMK fabrication for the remote turn signal cable withdrawing from ACC switch, so I can power off all add-on audio system if I do not need the audio. I just wish I corrected the cable bending issue due to limited space early, so I did not waste a few tuning session of unbalanced volume which finally turn out due to cable issue.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,280 Posts
7061 - 7080 of 7099 Posts