Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7021 - 7040 of 7098 Posts

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,279 Posts
Hey now, please keep it civil and remember: no personal attacks.
We've been around and around with this before. I don't consider it a "personal attack" to point out that what someone has done and is promoting here is illegal (e.g. windshield tinting), it's usually the backlash that is. The forum rules mention street racing - maybe it's time for a review and rewrite? And instead of shutting down threads that otherwise are useful, maybe delete offending posts and ban users if they continue to troll about it. Remember Jess?

·
Prefers black cats
13,279 Posts
Or you can just let people mod their cars the way they want to. They run the risk of what is/is not legal in their local jurisdiction.
Yes, I'm OK with that, just not that it be promoted here so more people want to do it and endanger other road users.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
644 Posts
Yes, I'm OK with that, just not that it be promoted here so more people want to do it and endanger other road users.
My question is, what function does the tint perform when you're off-road? I personally would hate having to put it on/take it off every time I drove the car, but to each their own.

·
Prefers black cats
13,279 Posts
My question is, what function does the tint perform when you're off-road? I personally would hate having to put it on/take it off every time I drove the car, but to each their own.
:unsure:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Personalization. It's up to them what they want to do and no one else has to like it. I've definitely seen my share of cars that had very questionable additions. If a cop tells you to take it off, then so be it. If someone hits you and complains about it, then that gets a bit hairy from an insurance standpoint with the whole legality thing. Not my place, you do you.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,424 Posts
We've been around and around with this before. I don't consider it a "personal attack" to point out that what someone has done and is promoting here is illegal (e.g. windshield tinting), it's usually the backlash that is. The forum rules mention street racing - maybe it's time for a review and rewrite? And instead of shutting down threads that otherwise are useful, maybe delete offending posts and ban users if they continue to troll about it. Remember Jess?
I deleted the personal attack from another user. It wasn't you.

Dialog's posts are not trolling.

I don't think bickering about other people's chosen mods adds to the forum. If you feel like a post violates forum rules, please report. If you don't agree with how the moderators are moderating, please feel free to reach out via PM.

·
Registered
2021 Sport
77 Posts
Trivial update: Annual engine bay wash with @10% simple green solution. Sprayed cold engine and rinsed off with a garden hose equipped with a nozzle. Dried with an air duster. Cleaned the interior and washed the exterior. General fluids, tire pressures and visual checks completed.
Car Vehicle Hood Yellow Motor vehicle

·
Registered
644 Posts
Torin Big Red 3 ton jack stands are on sale on Amazon for $37. I got a pair back in May for $56 so I grabbed another set just now to replace an older set of stands that were not double locking like these new guys.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru WRX manual; 2018 Subaru XV Premium CVT; 2021 2.5 Forester Premium CVT
14 Posts
Installed my LP Adventure kit on the XV. Awesome product and for some reason the ride quality improved a bit too. It's play time this weekend.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Before
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

After..

·
Registered
2011 Subaru WRX manual; 2018 Subaru XV Premium CVT; 2021 2.5 Forester Premium CVT
14 Posts
Trivial update: Annual engine bay wash with @10% simple green solution. Sprayed cold engine and rinsed off with a garden hose equipped with a nozzle. Dried with an air duster. Cleaned the interior and washed the exterior. General fluids, tire pressures and visual checks completed.
View attachment 307598
I so miss the old aluminium intake manifold!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am a big Simple Green supporter..... Works great for cleaning engine bay, and wheels....
Awesome stuff, and the Crystal is one of the best cleaners ever. Clear, stronger than the green stuff, no nasty smell nor slimy film like the green. 100% win.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
Awesome stuff, and the Crystal is one of the best cleaners ever. Clear, stronger than the green stuff, no nasty smell nor slimy film like the green. 100% win.

I just clean under the hood once a month or so. It's easier when it's never really dirty to start with. What I do is I have a routine where I check the fluids, tire pressures, and battery voltage every 2-4 weeks and at the same time, I use my engine cleaner, plastic cleaner, and speed shine from Griot's Garage to keep everything nice and clean. Good habit to keep an eye on your fluid levels and tire pressures (and battery voltage when you have the hybrid because only the engine charges the battery). I keep the car on a battery tender when I'm not driving for a few days, like any sports car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Today I replaced the OEM horns with the PIAA Sport horns. One is 500hz one 600hz, 115 db. They have a great sound, sort of like a European supercar.
I installed them in the factory locations, with the lower tone 500hz being the one behind the grill. The OEM horns are single wire, so you have to use the ground cables that come included, but they are pretty much plug and play. The factory connector will slide right on the positive terminal.
Only thing that I had to do different was the grill's horn bracket I tossed and bolted the horn where the bracket was mounted. And for the lower one behind the bumper skin, I had to flip the horn around backwards so it would clear the sheet metal of the bumper. I also removed the sticker from the grill horn. I wanted to keep it more stealthy.

Hood Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

The reason I decided to replace the horns was to take advantage of the fact that I already had to remove the bumper skin to install a new SSD rally light bar.
I decided to relocate the new KC LED's I installed a couple of weeks ago to the light bar. They turned out to be too heavy for the A-pillar mounts, and so would shake when I hit a big bump. Drove me crazy. So I put them on the SSD bar and I like the result much better.

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

I also swapped out the lenses of my Diode Dynamics SS3 fog lights from white to amber. Looks really good on the PYP (funny because the reason I originally ordered white was because I was worried it'd be too much yellow on the PYP). Speaking of DD, I ordered a set of Pro SS3's with driving lenses to install on the A-Pillar mounts. With the wider driving pattern, I can use them to really light up the edges of the road, filling out the spread from the KC spots. They are suppose to arrive this week, so I should have them installed by next weekend if all goes well.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,752 Posts
Falken Wildpeak AT Trail's installed on wife's Sport

What do you think of them so far?

Reactions: Butch_Coolidge

·
Registered
266 Posts
What do you think of them so far?
Love them. Absolute 100% upgrade.
But,I am also basing that on the fact that I haf lut them on her '14 as well, so I know what to expect going forward.
They are excellent in the snow, heavy wet snow, dry fluffy snow, deep snow, light s ow, slush and sleet. The only thing better would be an actual snow. They are great in rain, light and heavy. They are smooth as stock when aired up to 33 front 32 rear. They are great in the dry, and outstanding on dirt roads, and muddy dirt roads.
She does not take it off road so that is all I cannot answer.
But on top of all that, she absolutely loves how they look lol.

7021 - 7040 of 7098 Posts