Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6761 - 6780 of 6810 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
507 Posts
LOL, a fluorescent green cat would be interesting. Start with a white one and experiment with food-safe coloring. Hmmm....?

FWIW, we adopted and are fostering black cats because they are the most difficult to get adopted. It's a combination of superstition and that they don't photograph well. And it fits on one line.

So, back to our regularly-scheduled program!
I would prefer a black or tuxedo cat though the wife doesn't want one. Would love to have a brewery cat so much!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Added it to my cart! There's at least 2 breweries around me that have cats and they're just awesome. Dogs are fun, but cats are better in my opinion.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,128 Posts
Added it to my cart! There's at least 2 breweries around me that have cats and they're just awesome. Dogs are fun, but cats are better in my opinion.
NO, you're wrong! 14W-73 is better! Oh, wait, we're talking about dogs v cats? 😸

This is one of my favorite memes - the difference between dogs and cats:

·
Prefers black cats
12,128 Posts
Wow, a Tangerine Orange dog! :oops:
I would make a snarky comment but I fostered a dog just like that until I found her a good home, decades ago. Shiba Inus are extremely smart dogs and are also more like cats than dogs. Whether that's a positive or a negative depends on one's position on the dog v cat debate. I love all of them!

We're not allowed to have a 50lb dog here, so we have five cats, totaling around 60lbs. Haven't been fined or sued yet, LOL!

·
Registered
522 Posts
LOL, a fluorescent green cat would be interesting. Start with a white one and experiment with food-safe coloring. Hmmm....?

FWIW, we adopted and are fostering black cats because they are the most difficult to get adopted. It's a combination of superstition and that they don't photograph well. And it fits on one line.

So, back to our regularly-scheduled program!
Just to finish this, one of our cats passed leaving his buddy, Slinky, pining for the fjords so we went to the crazy lady, she sheltered 150 cats, to find Slinky a new buddy. I asked who had been there the longest and was told Sam, a black cat had. She said people just don't take black cats. I said we love black cats so "wrap him up, he's coming home". Wonderful cat and a quick new best bud for Slinky for many years.

·
Prefers black cats
12,128 Posts
Just to finish this, one of our cats passed leaving his buddy, Slinky, pining for the fjords so we went to the crazy lady, she sheltered 150 cats, to find Slinky a new buddy. I asked who had been there the longest and was told Sam, a black cat had. She said people just don't take black cats. I said we love black cats so "wrap him up, he's coming home". Wonderful cat and a quick new best bud for Slinky for many years.
So sad but a great story!

We refer to our crazy cat rescue lady as our "cat pusher"... 😸

Long ago we wanted a cat, singular, one cat! :rolleyes:

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Prefers black cats
12,128 Posts
That's a great pic but, judging by the expression, I would NOT want to try to give that cat a pill or a bath!

Um, so what did you do to your Subaru today? 😸

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
326 Posts
That's a great pic but, judging by the expression, I would NOT want to try to give that cat a pill or a bath!

Um, so what did you do to your Subaru today? 😸
He's about 15 years old in this picture, and a curmudgeon. He was with us for another 3 years. He liked spending a good bit of the day outside and never wandered away from the yard. His favorite spot was sleeping on the roof of the Jeep I had at the time.

What did I do to my Subaru today?

I attempted to clean the inside of the front windshield. I'm sure once I get out on the road I'll find that I failed once again. And I've tried every single technique that forums, google search, and youtube has to offer.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Done a few tanks on monitoring the impact of premium and regular fuel with the latest stock ECU mapping, interesting to learn that on low rpm < 3000 rpm, the engine is more responsive with regular fuel. Seems the low rpm is program for economy and the ignition timing advance is too mild to utilize the high octane. However seems on wide open throttle and high rpm the high octane still give better acceleration, but will need to reconfirm this high rpm observation.

·
Registered
507 Posts
He's about 15 years old in this picture, and a curmudgeon. He was with us for another 3 years. He liked spending a good bit of the day outside and never wandered away from the yard. His favorite spot was sleeping on the roof of the Jeep I had at the time.

I attempted to clean the inside of the front windshield. I'm sure once I get out on the road I'll find that I failed once again. And I've tried every single technique that forums, google search, and youtube has to offer.
I've got this wand from Griot's Garage for doing my windows. I use their window cleaner and use one of their window cloths to do the first few passes, then I use the wand to do the last few passes to hopefully get a streak free finish. The key is to not use too much cleaner because it will streak. It needs to be slightly dry to have the most effect.

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
111 Posts

Sometimes after I try every technique I just grab a brand new ( not washed) micro fiber and wipe it good. I feel micro fiber cloths work better before they are washed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Today I did an oil change (after 6 months), a tire rotation, and a cabin filter change. after over 9300 miles, the engine filter still looks good (and hoping when that needs to be replaced, the K&N from my 2015 legacy should fit).

When rotating the tires, I took each one off, marked the tread depth in each channel to see how they've been wearing (note: first tire rotation because the shop told me they were wearing just fine). I noted that the center of every tire had more tread and I went with the sticker on the car (36psiF/35psiR). I decided to go up 1psi on each to see how that works (and should get slightly better MPG).

I pulled each tire off and gave it a deep clean with Griot's heavy duty wheel cleaner, then dried them and applied Hydrosilex Recharge ceramic coating to the wheel and the barrels to limit dust buildup. After 9300 miles, not much dust buildup (plug-in hybrid) so that's good news. I figured the regen braking did most of the work and was proven right.
PXL_20210605_162600502.jpg
PXL_20210605_163921506.jpg
PXL_20210605_163929902.jpg
PXL_20210605_160858360.jpg
PXL_20210605_160848212.jpg
PXL_20210605_175712365.jpg

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sometimes after I try every technique I just grab a brand new ( not washed) micro fiber and wipe it good. I feel micro fiber cloths work better before they are washed.
Agree with that. Sometimes after I think I did it right, I still see some junk. I keep a chemical guys microfiber towel in the glove box for just that reason to get rid of the streaks, plus it helps keep the dash dust free.

·
Prefers black cats
12,128 Posts
Agree with that. Sometimes after I think I did it right, I still see some junk. I keep a chemical guys microfiber towel in the glove box for just that reason to get rid of the streaks, plus it helps keep the dash dust free.
We live in a different universe... 😸

I drove the other car for the first time since installing the Odyssey, because OAK forgot her phone this time, going to work. The muscle memory isn't there yet.

It was 12.7V at the terminals when I installed it and 12.68V today. I'm happy with that! We can obsess about our own things, right?

Reactions: SubieSubieDo
6761 - 6780 of 6810 Posts