Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6581 - 6600 of 6662 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Sport, Sunshine Orange
165 Posts
The only thing I do like is that it gives me "navigation" on the CT's dash
Do you mean on the main screen in the center of the dash (aka radio head unit)? or do you mean in the small screen in the centre of the gauge cluster?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,822 Posts
I use a oppo Reno 2 with android auto and everything works as it should,texting,replying music (you tube music and pocketcasts for me).
I've never used Subaru's inbuilt system when AA is so much more efficient and user friendly.
Same goes for every other car I've driven that has android auto equipped.
Agreed and same here, although my partner has an iPhone that stays in her purse and she uses Starlink via Bluetooth and seems happy with it. She doesn't play music from her phone, like I do, she listens to NPR, LOL. She only plugs it in if she wants to use Google Maps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
5 minute oil change. I love my fumoto valve 💕
I saw when looking at skid plates they offer one and a tube with it! I can't wait! lol.

Do you mean on the main screen in the center of the dash (aka radio head unit)? or do you mean in the small screen in the centre of the gauge cluster?
Sorry, the main screen. That would be super dangerous on the guage cluster.

And I did some things today too, but I posted them in my own thread already, and I'm tired... so stalk me to find out, lol. I need to start a journal version I think.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport, Plasma Yellow Pearl
145 Posts
New vanity plates came in

Got the car washed and waxed

Put together an a LED trunk light bar. Used this thread as inspiration.

Components of the light bar:
I used a Dremel to cut down the LED aluminum channel to size. I bent the aluminum channel a bit with my hands and leg to fit the curvature of the headliner. Cleaned and leveled out the Dremel cut with sandpaper.

For the aluminum channel end cap where the wire comes out I used an X-acto knife to extend the opening on one side so I can slide in the wire into the cover.

Instead of cutting holes in the aluminum channel and using anchors & screws to secure the channel to the roof (the mounting approach used in the inspiration thread), I used 3M VHB tape I already had on hand and applied small square pieces of tape to the three headliner clips. Pressed the LED channel against the tape to secure it.

I ran the wire along the trunk rubber gasket and then inside the plastic trim to the trunk light. Popping the plastic trim was easy. It is secured by one philips screw. I used a plastic trim tool to pop out the trim. The DD FlexLight comes with the appropriate light bulb adapter to connect to the trunk light.

Some improvements I would like to do with the LED set up:
  • The trunk light set-up at the moment doesn't have any lighting coming out of the original trunk light window. Instead of using the light bulb adapter to power the LED strip, I would like to solder some positive and negative wires with crimp tags/pins to the trunk light piece. Then splice the LED bar wires to with crimp tags/pins to connect to the new wires coming off of the trunk light piece. With this set-up I should be able to install the LED bulb I was using into the original seat and have both the bulb and LED bar powered.
  • Maybe clean up the cable coming out of the LED bar. Though, I don't mind the couple inches of exposed cable.
The project was worth the effort. The default lighting for the trunk is abysmal and this installation made a huge difference.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
Good one!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Finally put new Michelin tires with OE 225/55R18 size and restore back the smoothness of the ride. It seems the Bilstein shocks works much better on thicker sidewall tyres. The car now is so quiet smooth riding, light steering and instant acceleration contributed by Primacy 4 tire rated with A A 68db based on EU Label.

·
Registered
2021 Outdoor, Dark Blue Pearl
43 Posts
Thing 1 - Fuse box tray; close enough match, slightly darker in colour; every extra bit of storage in this thing helps JKCOVER Interior Inner ABS Black Fuse Box Coin Container Storage Dash Tray Compatible with Subaru XV Crosstrek Forester Outback Legacy Impreza WRX STI Ascent (Black), Center & Floor Consoles - Amazon Canada
csbox.jpg

Thing 2 - Floveme magnetic phone mount; I haven't found a really great place for a cell phone mount so far, if'n you want access to it from the pilot seat (gotta mobile order my Timmies while in line!) Magnet Car Phone Holder FLOVEME 360 Degree Rotating [3.5-7.9 inch] Magnetic Cell Phone Car Mount Phone Holder Car Accessories for iPhone X XR XS Max 8 7 6 Plus Samsung Galaxy S10 S9 Plus iPad Mini: Amazon.ca: Cell Phones & Accessories

floveme_mount.jpg

Thing 3 - Dorman hyper black lug nuts; closer match to gunmetal colour but not perfect. Not sure how well they are gonna stand up, as after first one installed noticed some wear marks on the edges, using a manual lug wrench not an impact Amazon.com: Dorman 713-475Z Hyper Black Acorn Wheel Nut Lock Set for Select Models: Automotive
Dorman_lugs.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
47 Posts
Wife away for the weekend so I had the garage for 3 days so... time for much needed audio upgrade. Stock head unit, Audio Control LC7i, Pioneer GM-DX874, Pioneer TS-D69 and Stereo Integrity 12" . Along with some sound deadening for the front doors. Took all weekend but worth it. Sound is much improved. Had to tap audio out from Starlink module mounted above radio but everything works fine ie: Bluetooth, steering wheel controls and USB inputs.
20210502_113456.jpg
20210502_113525.jpg
20210502_114416.jpg
20210502_114401.jpg

·
Registered
686 Posts
Did the intake service with CRC GDI IVD. 2500 rpm's, half to 3/4 second bursts caused the rpm's to drop down to maybe 1200. Did the three revs to 3500 and turned off for one hour. When I went to start out for the highway and the Italian tune-up, car was knocking with some smoke, so I eased up on the throttle and gave it a few revs at a stop light. Knocking less, I got to the merging ramp and accelerated hard to aound 60 mph (~96km/hr) with some hesitation. Got to turnaround and went to 25 mph and stomped it with no issues. Got home after 15 minutes and could still smell the CRC in the exhaust. Back to running smooth w/no lights at any time.

Will run at 2800 rpm's next time with shorter bursts, hopefully with less build-up of the CRC. Am going to look into an AOS, otherwise a second CRC treatment in the fall before next oil change.

artosa

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
I love our cats but I do miss having a big dog sometimes, LOL!

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
589 Posts
Brought my crosstrek to dealership, to get them reset the tpms and complete ecu recall update. They reflashed but put a note, there is no coil parts so will need to be back another day. Surprisingly they also do latest stabilizer bracket check and retorque based the latest recall.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I ordered a carbon fiber license plate delete for the front of my car to cover up the ugly holes. Everything else I found was acrylic and had some writing on it, but I just want a clean blank plate. Pure carbon fiber to boot!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,822 Posts
I ordered a carbon fiber license plate delete for the front of my car to cover up the ugly holes. Everything else I found was acrylic and had some writing on it, but I just want a clean blank plate. Pure carbon fiber to boot!
LOL, I bought some expensive carbon fiber rods for a rocketry project and recently found that OAK was using one of them to fish out the cat fur from the vacuum cleaner. Whatever works, I suppose... 😸

·
Registered
460 Posts
LOL

Bumper plugs would've cost $30 or so and they couldn't color match to my hybrid. I was hoping to get dry carbon so it's a matte finish, but they only had gloss. That was $40 with shipping so we'll see how it looks on the car when it comes!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I washed the front end of my car today. Picked up a ton of bugs on Sunday night driving home and I ordered a license plate delete for the front of the car so I wanted to make sure it was extra clean and protected. Used Griot's Garage Brilliant Car Wash. After rinsing, used Adam's Iron Remover to decontaminate, then rinsed and dried. After fully dry, I used Hydrosilex rewind to degrease the hood and front end followed by 2 coats of Hydrosilex Recharge ceramic coating. Got that beautiful slick finish. Also backed out the screws from the dealer when they had installed their crappy dealer plate (without using a darn bracket in the factory holes!) and used a razor blade to clean up the edges.

Carbon fiber license plate delete arrives tomorrow and should cover those dealer holes and it mounts to the factory JDM holes. Will get photos when done!

6581 - 6600 of 6662 Posts