Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6461 - 6480 of 6504 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport, Plasma Yellow Pearl
120 Posts
Looks fantastic! I see you're in Oregon which means it's still a bit chilly outside. Any issues with the temp. and the vinyl emblem covers? Thank you.
None so far. But it is only day three since the install. Weather has been 50-60s during the day and 40s during the night.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
79 Posts

Wrapped the trim on my steering wheel gloss black today. Next I need to find a overlay to go in the middle of the emblem that will fully cover the silver ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Premium
40 Posts
Took mine up a logging road to go hike yesterday. Nothing crazy, plenty of cars up there but my daughter and I really enjoyed the smooth ride up in comparison to my Tacoma I had previously. It was great!

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport, Plasma Yellow Pearl
120 Posts

Wrapped the trim on my steering wheel gloss black today. Next I need to find a overlay to go in the middle of the emblem that will fully cover the silver ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Need more info on your pedals install 😬

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
79 Posts
Need more info on your pedals install 😬

View attachment 303221 Swapped original 2020 Crosstrek Limited brake and gas pedal with a 2018 Subaru Impreza Sport gas and brake pedal.

They're direct replacements. whole gas pedal has to be swapped out, the brake is just a cover you have to pull off and slide the sport version in. I couldn't find the dead pedal on the Subaru part website for the Impreza Sport so I found this that works and matches perfectly.

Dead pedal: Subtle Solutions - Subaru Lift Kits & Accessories

Hope this helps (y)

·
Needs a Butch car
2020 Crosstrek Premium
917 Posts
Watch a couple YouTube videos on how to wrap and give it a go! :D
Only $12 for a 1x5ft roll of VViViD gloss black on Amazon
Isn't hard to work with, very forgiving with heat.
I would agree with this. I tried my first time on my last car and completely messed it up and had to order more vinyl. $5 later it went fine the second time. It's really a pretty low risk in terms of $$.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
79 Posts
IMG_0996.jpg IMG_0998.jpg IMG_0999.jpg

Another wrap job today, wrapped the grey trim on the shifter and vent covers in ultra-gloss piano black.

Would like to paint the silver climate control rings gloss black but have no idea how to remove. Anyone have any idea?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,119 Posts
Had the HU updated to 4G.

·
Registered
29 Posts
View attachment 305019 View attachment 305020 View attachment 305021

Another wrap job today, wrapped the grey trim on the shifter and vent covers in ultra-gloss piano black.

Would like to paint the silver climate control rings gloss black but have no idea how to remove. Anyone have any idea?
Hey Dialogue I actually happen to have a trim bezel from these air vents lying around (long story). Anywho, I was pretty sick of working on hw for 4 hours, so I decided I'd take a look at this instead😂. Here is an image of the back of the air vent trim bezel. This bezel comes off pretty easily from the rest of the housing, but unfortunately removing the silver trim is a different story. The blue circles are seven tabs, which come out relatively easily with a bit of cursing and a small flat blade screwdriver. However, the pegs circled in red are a different story. The pegs are inserted into holes in the bezel. It seems these are plasti-welded to the body of the bezel. The only way I could see you removing this trim piece is if you can get a tiny saw blade in through the crevice between the bezel and the silver trim once you have all the clips loosened and sawing that plastic peg off. You may be able to use some glue when you put them back on and they should be fine. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Dialogue

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,508 Posts
Washed all the windows and dusted the interior.

Also I had noticed that the window rain visors had gotten a little cloudy looking. Other cleaners didn't work on them, so I tried the Back to Black treatment, and it mostly cleaned them up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Installed the Premium Auto Styling Carbon Fiber Shifter Trim Vinyl Overlay Currently on sale, and if you sign up for the email list, you can get another 20% off. About $19 to my door.
I'm very happy with the results. I never even put anything on that gloss black section, yet it still had some hairline scratches. Plus, when the sun is just right, it gives a terrible glare. This solved both issues.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
15 Posts
Installed a Hike It X5. So far, it seems to improve response at low throttle, but doesn't seem to make a huge difference once I have the pedal depressed a decent amount. I like it so far for normal driving, but we'll see if I decide to keep it.
PXL_20210409_232726431.jpg

Reactions: Cutlass

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,119 Posts
Installed a Hike It X5. So far, it seems to improve response at low throttle, but doesn't seem to make a huge difference once I have the pedal depressed a decent amount. I like it so far for normal driving, but we'll see if I decide to keep it.
Is that like a Pedal Commander?

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
15 Posts
Is that like a Pedal Commander?
Yup, just way cheaper. I haven't owned the pedal commander though so I can't compare, but I picked it after I saw someone on here mention they replaced their Pedal Commander with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Finally completed the full retrofit of the 8 inch touchscreen into my car. Had a hard time finding much about doing it on the forums, so I’ll probably post a small diy on the parts that I got to do it. Everything from CarPlay to sxm works great and the resolution is much nicer.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
15 Posts
View attachment 305093
Finally completed the full retrofit of the 8 inch touchscreen into my car. Had a hard time finding much about doing it on the forums, so I’ll probably post a small diy on the parts that I got to do it. Everything from CarPlay to sxm works great and the resolution is much nicer.
Looks clean! What's the extent of the work you did? Did you install a tablet in place of the factory radio?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks clean! What's the extent of the work you did? Did you install a tablet in place of the factory radio?
This radio is actually the oem factory radio that comes on limited, and now sport models with the upgrade package. It was pretty simple, only required the radio and a couple of new modules really. No splicing or anything scary.

Reactions: AZpanda
6461 - 6480 of 6504 Posts