Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6441 - 6460 of 6501 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
79 Posts
Does the AliExpress auto-stop canceler work the same way as the one that's marketed in the US? That is, turn the switch into a toggle that remembers its status even when the car is restarted?
Yes it remembers every time, no need to press the button. Just takes about 8-10 seconds to disable once engine starts.

Is there no button in the Crosstrek to turn the system off like other manufacturers, like Ford?

Yes there is, but every time you restart the car it turns back on.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I wouldn't call that a benefit.So it's not always effective and I wouldn't call it practical either.A spare tire is always effective and in my book,much more practical as well.
Yes. I was bit taken aback that Subaru describes this as a benefit. Our Honda CRV has a rear mounted tyre and a pic-a-nic table. Now that's what I call a benefit.

·
Registered
2017 XV Crosstrek 2.0i
41 Posts
Installed a $50 auto-stop canceller from AliExpress. Works great, takes about 8 seconds to disabled once you turn vehicle on as you can see in the clip (guess I can’t upload a video through the Tapatalk app).

Also swapped the A Pilar trim panel to the dark grey version to match the rest of the dash. I plan to swap the headliner to the dark grey version one of these days.

I still have these to install to get rid of the ugly beige/tan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link for device?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
79 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
213 Posts
$43 is a nice find. I have the Autostop Eliminator that I paid $90 for with coupon. I don't have the 8 sec lag with mine, but I'm sure it's not at all an issue. Doubt that you're coming to a red light or stop in traffic within 8 seconds of turning on the ignition. Nice find.

·
Registered
256 Posts
What did I do to my Subaru today? I laid the hammer down like Thor on meth, didn’t brake until I saw the face of God, turned the wheel like I was turning a page on the oldest book in the world, hammer down again. Rinse and repeat like a washing machine. Anyone want to take a guess at what I did?

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
213 Posts
What did I do to my Subaru today? I laid the hammer down like Thor on meth, didn’t break until I saw the face of God, turned the wheel like I was turning a page on the oldest book in the world, hammer down again. Rinse and repeat like a washing machine. Anyone want to take a guess at what I did?
Do tell!

·
Registered
484 Posts
What did I do to my Subaru today? I laid the hammer down like Thor on meth, didn’t break until I saw the face of God, turned the wheel like I was turning a page on the oldest book in the world, hammer down again. Rinse and repeat like a washing machine. Anyone want to take a guess at what I did?
Is that break or brake? My guess depends on which.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Urgent Call of Nature??? :)

artosa

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
79 Posts
Finally got around to putting light in the reflectors. Brake lights, running lights, and turn signals. Followed a YouTube guide and they came out pretty good. I also went the extra mile and cut open the reflector housing to cut out the plastic that prevents light from lighting the top part of the housing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Today I installed J201SFL301, "Exterior Mirrors Auto Dimming W/ Approach Light" to match the rear view mirror I installed last week. They work great and the approach light is the perfect amount of brightness to light up the door so I can find the handle in the dark, but not too bright to be annoying. Install was super easy.
I also got around to installing the SOA567C011, " Heavy Duty Roof Cargo Basket" (Thule Canyon XT), that came in yesterday. I sold my Yakima because I didn't care for the square shape on the Crosstrek (It was left over from my 2003 Forester). The curve of the Thule matches the Trek's roof line better imho.
Next week I'll get around to installing the power center in the cargo area, and the interior hatch release push button. Starting to run out of upgrades, lol, for now.
IMG_20210401_145327762.jpg

Shoutout to Benny at
SubaruOnlineParts.com for always having the best prices and service!

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport, Plasma Yellow Pearl
120 Posts

• Wash and wax
  • Installed 4x Hella Supertones
  • Installed DD SS3 Foglights
  • Installed Yakima Railbars
  • Installed Yakima CBX 16
  • Installed front, rear, and steering wheel emblem vinyl

·
Registered
2019 Premium
40 Posts

·
Has Butch tires
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
902 Posts
Yeah, I have the same stuff and it comes with an air compressor. I wish they would've spent a little more money on engineering they hybrid because the spare tire well is still there and they could've lowered the battery that 3".
Yes, totally agree, spare is needed. My wife's Hyudai hybrid has the same pump, tire goo, in a nice little package. Her first flat was cause by a rip in the sidewall from a piece of metal debris and that stuff is useless for anything except the most simple of flats.

6441 - 6460 of 6501 Posts