Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6421 - 6440 of 6501 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Added another option that I didn't want to pay the dealer price for; H501SSG203 - Dimming Rear View Mirror w/ Compass.
Got it for $78 dollars too! Next week the matching side mirrors and the OEM roof basket will be delivered.
I need to get off my butt and install the USB/12V power center in the hatch area one of these days. Waiting for some better weather.
Sorry for my ignorance, I thought all the sports came with this? Or is it the dimming feature that we don’t have? I have the compass I know that.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,505 Posts
I also wanted to add that mirror, but on my '17 (older model) there is no plug under cabin light

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I have the auto dimming mirror on my 2016. So it works.

Added another option that I didn't want to pay the dealer price for; H501SSG203 - Dimming Rear View Mirror w/ Compass.
Got it for $78 dollars too! Next week the matching side mirrors and the OEM roof basket will be delivered.
I need to get off my butt and install the USB/12V power center in the hatch area one of these days. Waiting for some better weather.

I had the dealer install it. And it cost too much. Wish I'd asked for it as part of the sale.

·
Registered
2017 XV Crosstrek 2.0i
41 Posts
I have the auto dimming mirror on my 2016. So it works.

I had the dealer install it. And it cost too much. Wish I'd asked for it as part of the sale.
I know that it could work, but I don't have plug where it should be located (afaik about plug location-just under front reading lights)

·
He wasn't there!
1,505 Posts
I know that it could work, but I don't have plug where it should be located (afaik about plug location-just under front reading lights)

It's probably there. Just tucked away further than it should be. Wiring harnesses are very standardized things.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, I thought all the sports came with this? Or is it the dimming feature that we don’t have? I have the compass I know that.
The Sport does not come with it from the factory, just a plan old mirror with the little flip lever for night time.. But it's a fairly common add on the dealer/port does though. It might also be part of a package, but I'm not sure. I ordered my Sport back in August with the only add on being the body side molding. I've added a lot of the OEM accessories at a fraction of the cost the dealer wanted.
If you have the compass then you have a dimming mirror. The next stage above that is the mirror with homelink.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's insane what they charge for accessories. The only add on I ordered with my Sport was the body side moldings, onlt because I don't have a garage and I wanted them nice and straight. Worth it.

·
He wasn't there!
1,505 Posts
It's insane what they charge for accessories. The only add on I ordered with my Sport was the body side moldings, onlt because I don't have a garage and I wanted them nice and straight. Worth it.

I did those myself. It wasn't that difficult.

Reactions: Russell Steapot

·
Registered
387 Posts
That's good. We only get a puncture repair kit downunder

Why do the hybrid SUVs not have a full-size, or at the very least, space-saver temporary spare wheel?

Due to the electric components and battery system being securely positioned below the cargo floor, the amount of available space is restricted. However, owners will have the benefit of a practical and effective tyre repair kit in lieu of the spare tyre. The repair kit is easier to remove from the vehicle and will not require the car to be jacked up.
Yeah, I have the same stuff and it comes with an air compressor. I wish they would've spent a little more money on engineering they hybrid because the spare tire well is still there and they could've lowered the battery that 3".

·
Registered
2018 Premium 6MT
74 Posts
Installed OEM crossbars and my two sets of Malone J-racks. Kayak season is starting soon!

·
Registered
2017 XV Crosstrek 2.0i
41 Posts
It's probably there. Just tucked away further than it should be. Wiring harnesses are very standardized things.
Trust me, I have tried for an hour...can't find it anywhere... The only thing I found is the cable for the rain sensor, following it and reading light cables back as far as I could...nothing

If you have any idea how to find it, I would appreciate

·
He wasn't there!
1,505 Posts
I'd have to take the map lights out and find where mine is plugged in. Your situation is confusing to me.

·
Registered
2017 XV Crosstrek 2.0i
41 Posts
Don't bother, I think the connector is simply not there on this equipment level, because it is impossible I couldn't find it, I got my hand under the roof trim half way to the elbow, and nothing is there... If connector is even deeper, I still won't be able to reach it without removing everything...

·
Registered
715 Posts
That's good. We only get a puncture repair kit downunder

Why do the hybrid SUVs not have a full-size, or at the very least, space-saver temporary spare wheel?

Due to the electric components and battery system being securely positioned below the cargo floor, the amount of available space is restricted. However, owners will have the benefit of a practical and effective tyre repair kit in lieu of the spare tyre. The repair kit is easier to remove from the vehicle and will not require the car to be jacked up.
That repair kit will also destroy the TPMS sensor by plugging it up with goo.I don't think I would trust that stuff as a permanent fix either.Even if I had to sacrifice space in the cargo area,I would rather carry a spare tire and get the flat repaired the right way.It's much easier to repair when you don't have to clean the goo out of if first and then replace the TPMS sensor.That makes it much cheaper too.You will also need to buy another bottle of slime for the next time you get a flat.Not to mention that if the hole is big enough,that kit won't work and without a spare,you're not going anywhere.I wouldn't call that a benefit.So it's not always effective and I wouldn't call it practical either.A spare tire is always effective and in my book,much more practical as well.

·
Registered
387 Posts
That repair kit will also destroy the TPMS sensor by plugging it up with goo.I don't think I would trust that stuff as a permanent fix either.Even if I had to sacrifice space in the cargo area,I would rather carry a spare tire and get the flat repaired the right way.It's much easier to repair when you don't have to clean the goo out of if first and then replace the TPMS sensor.That makes it much cheaper too.You will also need to buy another bottle of slime for the next time you get a flat.Not to mention that if the hole is big enough,that kit won't work and without a spare,you're not going anywhere.I wouldn't call that a benefit.So it's not always effective and I wouldn't call it practical either.A spare tire is always effective and in my book,much more practical as well.
Agree. I just hope I never have to deal with it. My insurance includes roadside so if I have a problem, I'll just get them to put enough air in the tire to get it up on the flatbed and get the tire fixed. Last time I had to fix a tire, it was a small screw that would trigger the TPMS once a month. Once I fixed it with a plug kit, it was fine until I traded it in for the Trek.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
79 Posts
Installed a $50 auto-stop canceller from AliExpress. Works great, takes about 8 seconds to disabled once you turn vehicle on as you can see in the clip (guess I can’t upload a video through the Tapatalk app).

-

Got around to swapping the passenger side upper center pillar trim to the dark grey version yesterday. Forgot to buy the seat belt adjuster to match and the other piece 🤦‍♂️. Time to put in another order...

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,402 Posts
Does the AliExpress auto-stop canceler work the same way as the one that's marketed in the US? That is, turn the switch into a toggle that remembers its status even when the car is restarted?

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,402 Posts
There is, but the car doesn't remember the setting when the engine is shut off ... so every time you start the engine, the auto start/stop is on by default. The fix sold in the US remembers the button setting even when the car is shut off.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Gotcha. So it's like in the legacy, I had a button for the seat heaters and every time you start the car, it didn't remember and had to turn it on every time. At least the Trek has a switch to leave that on for when I run the remote start in the winter.

6421 - 6440 of 6501 Posts