Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6221 - 6240 of 6244 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Finished retrofitting my 2018 Crosstrek 6MT with a heated steering wheel from a Canadian Impreza today. Project that is 7 months in the making so really happy to finally have it finished for the winter season. Honestly the red stitching is not very noticeable and looks pretty OEM. And yes, I kept the shift paddles on there for kicks and giggles. Hoping my full DIY write-up for this will be done within the next couple of months. It will be in the DIY section.
The only thing I sort of miss about not going for the moonroof package in my 2019 hybrid. I'm sure I could find the wheel from another one at some point and do the swap.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
47 Posts
Are those a direct replacement? Did you have to do and modifications to make them work?
Direct replacements. whole gas pedal has to be swapped out, the brake is just a cover you have to pull off and slide the sport version in. Don’t remember where I bought the dead pedal as it was aftermarket. I couldnt find the dead pedal on the Impreza Sport on subarus parts website. I’ll try and find that link if you would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Direct replacements. whole gas pedal has to be swapped out, the brake is just a cover you have to pull off and slide the sport version in. Don’t remember where I bought the dead pedal as it was aftermarket. I couldnt find the dead pedal on the Impreza Sport on subarus parts website. I’ll try and find that link if you would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes please!

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
47 Posts
Yes please!
After a few google searches I’ve found what you’re looking for!

Really pricey, but for me, I had to complete the look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got my car inspected back in the start of August and to date I've driven 928 miles in just over 4 months. Certainly on track here in PA to get an emissions exempt sticker for driving under 5,000 miles in a year.
Just make sure you wait an entire year before doing the next emissions test. I had less than 5K on mine but since I had the inspection done 13 days short of a full year PA DoT wouldn't grant the waiver. Guess they worry I might drive 1200 miles in two weeks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just make sure you wait an entire year before doing the next emissions test. I had less than 5K on mine but since I had the inspection done 13 days short of a full year PA DoT wouldn't grant the waiver. Guess they worry I might drive 1200 miles in two weeks.
Yeah, I'll likely do that. I go at the start of the month so I'll just wait an extra day. I'm only at 1,200 miles since my last inspection in August 2020.

·
Premium Member
2020 Crosstrek Premium 6MT
83 Posts
How hard was the install on the back springs? Assume you have to pull out some of the plastic trim, etc. to get access to the bolts.
It was a piece of cake! The trim pops out really easy. This video shows the process pretty well: LINKY

The biggest thing that trips people up on the install is to torque the bolts with the car on the ground. I forgot and had to loosen all the pivot points, jounce it a bit and retorque. ReadyLift even made a nice video explaining this process: LINKY

·
Registered
312 Posts
Has anyone installed the Ironman 4x4 America 2" suspension lift kit? Curious of thoughts between that and the ReadyLift spacer kit (or crawford spacer kit for that matter). I might just wait until down the road when I need to replace suspension parts to lift the car and even then I'm not sure if the hybrid is a bit different for lifting.

6221 - 6240 of 6244 Posts