Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6201 - 6220 of 6252 Posts

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,322 Posts
Drove the car up on 4X ramps after disabling the forward collision system; inspected the underside of the car carefully, but without removing any splash shields. Put Bridgestone DM-V2 (225/60R17) winter tires mounted on a set of Konig Backbone's. Used Autel MX sensors and cloned them to the original TPMS's on the Sport. Side note - the 17" Subaru sport wheels are Made in Japan Enkei's.

View attachment 303073

How do you clone the TPMS?

·
Registered
2021 Sport
29 Posts
See this Autel training video for the TS508 TPMS tool. It is specific to programming Autel MX sensors. For a brief background, see this post. In any case, I used the "copy by activation" function of the TS508 tool and read the TPMS sensor codes with the original wheels on the Crosstrek. Then I tried to program the Autel MX sensors already mounted on wheels/tires inflated to @35 psi and got errors. After digging through some information on the web, I was able to turn off the "TPS Prog Limit" feature in the tool, and then was able to successfully clone or program each sensor.

Mounted the wheels on the Crosstrek today, and no issues with the TPMS system. All appears well.

The Autel tool will let you clone Autel MX sensors for sure; I am not sure of cloning other brand sensors, i.e. VDO, Schrader etc. with the tool. I also use the tool to reset the TPMS on our 2017 Outback (position relearn) and a 2013 Suzuki SX4, using "stationary relearn" mode; these vehicles use Schrader sensors. For the OB, I initialize each sensor from LF to RF to RR to LR, and then upload the data via the OBD port. For the Suzuki, I get the car in TPMS relearn mode, and then initialize each sensor starting from LF and ending with LR, with no need to upload the data via the OBD port. The TS508 is a decent tool.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Magnetite Grey, 1.5" ADF lift, RRW RR2-V 15x7, Geolandar G015 235/70R15
46 Posts
Drove the car up on 4X ramps after disabling the forward collision system; inspected the underside of the car carefully, but without removing any splash shields. Put Bridgestone DM-V2 (225/60R17) winter tires mounted on a set of Konig Backbone's. Used Autel MX sensors and cloned them to the original TPMS's on the Sport. Side note - the 17" Subaru sport wheels are Made in Japan Enkei's.

View attachment 303073
The 18 inch limited wheels are also cast by Enkei.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Magnetite Grey, 1.5" ADF lift, RRW RR2-V 15x7, Geolandar G015 235/70R15
46 Posts
Installed all the black Friday purchases. 1.5" ADF lift, 15x7 +15 Relations Race Wheels RR2-V and Yokohoma Geolandar G015 in 235/70R15. First trip after install to Kings Canyon National Park

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
214 Posts
Had it in the garage to keep it free from snow and ice...

So thought I would check the essentials, top up the screen wash etc...

DOH! - looks like somebody was in the process of making themselves a home out of the cold!!! :mad:

Temporary home removed...

So while I was there - did a general vaccuum around the engine bay as well as the car interior - got rid of a load of pine needles and leaves and stuff...

Did the RainX on the exterior glass and cleaned all the lights, Subaru badges and the cameras - can't see the point of getting the whole car clean at the moment with 3 days a week commute of over 50kms each way in this weather ! :D

·
Registered
2021 Sport
29 Posts
LED upgrades today (except 1 below) as follows:
  1. Map and dome lamps with Philips Ultinon DE3175s (few weeks ago).
  2. Rear cargo lamp: Sylvania Zevo 921. This is a bit overkill as it is a 2.5 watt LED bulb with a substantial heatsink. Fits fine though. The recommended lamp is a 194W. I may replace the 921 with a 194W down the road.
  3. License plate lamps: Philips Ultinon 194W
  4. Reverse Lamps: Sylvania Zevo 7440. These are 1.7 watt lamps from Italy and are fantastic.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
53 Posts
IMG_0385.jpg Swapped original 2020 Crosstrek Limited brake and gas pedal with a 2018 Subaru Impreza Sport gas and brake pedal.

IMG_0384.jpg Swapped the original silver/grey door ornament panel door trim that comes on the Limited with 2018 Impreza Sport carbon fiber ornament panel door trim. Swapped the original chrome switches on door with Impreza Sport gloss black accents.

IMG_0382.jpg Swapped the silver/grey passenger ornament panel to the Impreza Sport carbon fiber and a carbon fiber trim I bought online for the air vents.

IMG_0381.jpg Installed black handles in the rear doors of my limited and swapped the chrome accent window switch with the gloss black from Impreza Sport.

Also dyed both the rear and front door panels to black stitching.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,322 Posts
Took her through the wash today. 5 minutes with the handheld jet, then the automatic part.

·
Registered
2021 Sport
29 Posts
Installed KC Hilites Cyclone under hood lamps on the Sport yesterday. I had previously installed these in our Titan and 17 OB and have found them quite useful. Though I had used the KC 2 lamp kit on the Titan, I went a-la-carte on the OB and the outcome was better, i.e. better grade wiring, fuse holder and switch, plus the length of wiring etc. Hence, it was a-la-carte on the CT as well.

Similar to my install on the OB, no holes drilled, just popped two hood insulation clips from blanket wells and mounted the lamps using M8 SS hardware (M8 X 1.25 mm X 25 mm pan head screws, M8 locking and flat washers) in the front of lamps, plus a Nylon spacer (3/8" ID X 3/8" high X 1" OD) in between the lamp and hood. No issues with clearance. The lamps barely touch the insulation now; I may add another 1/8" Nylon spacer to the rear for ideal clearance.

A pair of these put out a lot of engine area lighting when the hood is open in the routine position. However, the lighting will not be ideal when the hood is open in the maintenance position. Rather than flat ended spacers, practical angled spacers may be more ideal. The need to have the hood in the service position may be rare, however.

Will add pictures later.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Sport, Sunshine Orange
81 Posts

After 4 long days of waiting I finally received these bad boys today for my 2020 Limited. I plan to paint match the grey trim to the car.

Snapped a quick picture with the covers on, excuse the dirtiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow... I kinda like these. I like how it gives the appearance of a square fog light. Could I get the part numbers please?

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
53 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
53 Posts
Received these today, almost done with blacking out everything in the interior. I think these looks much better than what my limited has. Silver/chrome accent delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finished retrofitting my 2018 Crosstrek 6MT with a heated steering wheel from a Canadian Impreza today. Project that is 7 months in the making so really happy to finally have it finished for the winter season. Honestly the red stitching is not very noticeable and looks pretty OEM. And yes, I kept the shift paddles on there for kicks and giggles. Hoping my full DIY write-up for this will be done within the next couple of months. It will be in the DIY section.

·
Super-Duper Moderator
620 Posts
I rolled both of them out of the garage to have better access in putting Christmas lights away onto the shelves...

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,220 Posts
I applied clear Lamin-X protective film over the fog lights to hopefully protect them from stone/rock damage. The unprotected fog lamps on my 2010 Forester look like somebody shot 'em up with a BB gun.

Reactions: Cutlass
6201 - 6220 of 6252 Posts