Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6181 - 6200 of 6244 Posts

·
Registered
The avalanche has already started.
133 Posts
Today’s small things: installed the Fusepanel cover with the coin-cup variant. Added a towshackle to the tow hook stem in the spare tire compartment.

Now, I’m contemplating trying to figure out how to get the dealership to repair the front bumper from where they drilled holes for the license plate frame, since I’m looking at doing one of the off-set plate holders. it may not be a fight I’m willing to pick, but I’m contemplating. :). Irked me no end, and I said so at delivery, that they drilled the holes without giving me any chance to tell them not to.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,158 Posts
Check out the pre-delivery inspection sticky. There's a bunch of stuff they are supposed to do, or not do that they ignore. Make sure your sill plugs are installed...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm irked that they did that to my car too! It looks like there were factory JDM holes on mine, but then they went ahead and drilled holes for the damn dealer plate when I told them no stickers and no front plate (I live in PA). Now I have 4 damn holes in my front bumper. Debated on getting small caps from Home Depot and some factory paint for my color and painting them. Such BS.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Check out the pre-delivery inspection sticky. There's a bunch of stuff they are supposed to do, or not do that they ignore. Make sure your sill plugs are installed...
They left a ton of edge residue from the stupid shipping wraps they put on the paint. It took me forever with degreaser to get that crap off before I could ceramic my car. My old car had that crap on the wheels and it just wouldn't come off.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm irked that they did that to my car too! It looks like there were factory JDM holes on mine, but then they went ahead and drilled holes for the damn dealer plate when I told them no stickers and no front plate (I live in PA). Now I have 4 damn holes in my front bumper. Debated on getting small caps from Home Depot and some factory paint for my color and painting them. Such BS.
Friend of mine was picking up his new Beemmer and noticed the new metal dealer plaque attached to the trunk lid by four newly drilled holes in the lid. He went inside straight to the sales manager and demanded another vehicle as they'd drilled holes in his without asking.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
... I’m contemplating trying to figure out how to get the dealership to repair the front bumper from where they drilled holes for the license plate frame, since I’m looking at doing one of the off-set plate holders. it may not be a fight I’m willing to pick, but I’m contemplating. :). Irked me no end, and I said so at delivery, that they drilled the holes without giving me any chance to tell them not to.
I have a vague recollection of someone posting here that you can get little caps that look like the parking sensors for the factory holes in the bumper so not as conspicuous. Annoying about the dealers taking liberties drilling extra holes though. It really is a form of vandalism IMHO.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah, there's a site called bumperplugs.com. They have most of what you need for most colors. They didn't have Lagoon Blue for my Hybrid and if my dealer had another Lagoon Blue on the lot I'd say "You're swapping those bumpers while I wait, or I'm taking that other one home." Chances are I would have gotten the other one on the lot which likely had the moonroof package (mine doesn't have that package) and hopefully they would learn their lesson. The guy had the notes in my file and still screwed up. At least the salesman didn't even try to talk to me about the car's specs because he knew I did way more research than he.

·
Registered
312 Posts
did the first oil/filter change, at 1570 miles no less, but six months were up so I went ahead. Checked all the fluids and tires too. Entered it on the Mysubaru site in the service section online. I hope to take some day trips in the next month or so as I really enjoy the car.
Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't entered anything into MySubaru for service since the first state inspection I had when I first bought my car in August 2019! Now I'm all updated in that system as well as my records in Google Sheets.

·
Registered
50 Posts
did the first oil/filter change, at 1570 miles no less, but six months were up so I went ahead. Checked all the fluids and tires too. Entered it on the Mysubaru site in the service section online. I hope to take some day trips in the next month or so as I really enjoy the car.
Wow, I guess I'm not the only one that isn't driving much. I've had my car almost 6 months and I've only driven 2020 miles. I did my first oil change at 885 miles. I'll do my second oil change the end of this month.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,158 Posts
Wow, I guess I'm not the only one that isn't driving much. I've had my car almost 6 months and I've only driven 2020 miles. I did my first oil change at 885 miles. I'll do my second oil change the end of this month.
Yep, we're about 3K for the year! Just got an oil analysis that I need to post...

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium Manual, Silver
19 Posts
Well, I have a Tacoma and 3 old motorcycles that I ride too. The Subie will probably be my last car as I am 69 and don't drive a lot. My Tacoma is for hauling the kayak and trips out west each year as I offroad it a lot looking for Native American rock art and abandoned mines, ghost towns, you name it. I could take the Subie out west but some of the trails are evil with big rocks and silty sand too, and I don't want to tear it up so the truck takes the abuse and keeps on going.....great forum here and I have learned a lot.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got my car inspected back in the start of August and to date I've driven 928 miles in just over 4 months. Certainly on track here in PA to get an emissions exempt sticker for driving under 5,000 miles in a year.

·
Registered
2021 Sport
26 Posts
Drove the car up on 4X ramps after disabling the forward collision system; inspected the underside of the car carefully, but without removing any splash shields. Put Bridgestone DM-V2 (225/60R17) winter tires mounted on a set of Konig Backbone's. Used Autel MX sensors and cloned them to the original TPMS's on the Sport. Side note - the 17" Subaru sport wheels are Made in Japan Enkei's.

6181 - 6200 of 6244 Posts