Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6121 - 6140 of 6159 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
5 Posts
I just bought this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-XR-20-Volt-Max-1-2-in-Drive-Cordless-Impact-Wrench/1000404679

Probably overkill, and yes, all the downsides of having to charge batteries, but it can take off axle nuts! So much faster than doing everything by hand. I also don't have to loosen the lug nuts on the ground before lifting the car anymore.
I was thinking about getting either that one or their even more overkill high torque model with the intention of using it to lift the car with the scissor jack. That way I wouldn't have to find a place to store a large hydraulic jack I'll only use to swap wheels. I'm just curious if I need to bother looking for something with such high torque to lift the car.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru XV
43 Posts
I was thinking about getting either that one or their even more overkill high torque model with the intention of using it to lift the car with the scissor jack. That way I wouldn't have to find a place to store a large hydraulic jack I'll only use to swap wheels. I'm just curious if I need to bother looking for something with such high torque to lift the car.
I imagine either one would be capable of spinning the scissor jack. My only worry would be eventually wearing the jack out; I always think of those things as emergency jacks. Worth a shot though, you could always reassess if the jack start going bad.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,269 Posts
What was the name of the product people mentioned to clean and preserve the interior that they said was better than Armor All?

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Sport
5 Posts
I imagine either one would be capable of spinning the scissor jack. My only worry would be eventually wearing the jack out; I always think of those things as emergency jacks. Worth a shot though, you could always reassess if the jack start going bad.
Good point. I was thinking it would be better than some universal fit solution since the oem jack has the slot to fit around the pinch weld and put the weight of the car somewhere that can take it. I know next to nothing about taking care of a car and thought that would be the best way to avoid accidentally damaging something expensive.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My Lamin-X fog light overlays arrived today and I put them on. I can post some pics later if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
The avalanche has already started.
54 Posts
My Lamin-X fog light overlays arrived today and I put them on. I can post some pics later if anyone is interested.
Yes please. I was on the fence about this. Got myself an overlay and put it on one of the fog lights, just to see how it would look, to kind of get a general concept. it was more effort than I was expecting but it does look decent. I will likely be getting some Lamin-X and doing those in the future, so more instructional videos, step-by-step picture guides, and tips/tricks will absolutely be appreciated! :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yes please. I was on the fence about this. Got myself an overlay and put it on one of the fog lights, just to see how it would look, to kind of get a general concept. it was more effort than I was expecting but it does look decent. I will likely be getting some Lamin-X and doing those in the future, so more instructional videos, step-by-step picture guides, and tips/tricks will absolutely be appreciated! :)

Described what I did here.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I will likely be getting some Lamin-X and doing those in the future, so more instructional videos, step-by-step picture guides, and tips/tricks will absolutely be appreciated! :)
This video is pretty good as he fits it in situ. The XV Crosstrek ones seem to be a better fit than the ones he has. No overhang. He also makes a good point about checking the local rules re tints/colours

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yeah, it can be done without having to remove the light (I did it on my Legacy in place), just a little soapy water so you can maneuver it around, light squeegee to remove any bubbles, then a blow dryer or heat gun to lightly heat up the adhesive to get the vinyl to adhere. Curious if anyone's done it on a Lagoon Blue Pearl hybrid because I was thinking about doing it to my hybrid and wasn't sure of the color combo with the paint plus the GT yellow lenses.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finished the rear reflector mod. Works great. If you can't see brakelight now I don't know what else can be done. I wish I could take credit for the idea but I found it on that tube thingy. The photo is just the running lights, I couldn't reach the brake pedal from behind the car:)
20201114_163206.jpg

·
Registered
2013 Subaru XV
43 Posts
Replaced one of the rear wheel bearing hub assemblies. Had the parts for two, but after struggling with the first one for far too long, I'll wait till the noise gets worse on the other side before doing the other.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,145 Posts
This video is pretty good as he fits it in situ. The XV Crosstrek ones seem to be a better fit than the ones he has. No overhang.
A timely video as my Lamin-X fog light covers just arrived in today's mail.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Finished the rear reflector mod. Works great. If you can't see brakelight now I don't know what else can be done. I wish I could take credit for the idea but I found it on that tube thingy. The photo is just the running lights, I couldn't reach the brake pedal from behind the car:) View attachment 302684

You can always stick a piece of wood between the seat and the brake pedal.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,752 Posts
Dropped it off for the last service at the dealer. The factory warranty ends next week.

I asked for an alignment and the service advisor said one had been done last year. I don't remember asking for one before so maybe it's something they check at the service? At least it confirms there's a free one included in the warranty.

I also asked them to take an oil sample (I ordered a Blackstone test kit). I figure that's a good insurance policy in case of a warranty claim under the extended warranty as the last service was a year ago (but less than 6K miles due to the lockdown).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nice. I'd be kinda interested in doing a test on mine because I'm about to do mine after 6 months (drove around 1,500 miles). Curious if the pH has changed in the oil and became more acidic. Any good third-party places out there where I can order a kit and then I can provide the sample when I change my oil next week? This way I can then get the change done and if I can extend the interval, I'll do that. My main concern is that even though the mileage is real low (even lower when you consider the hybrid being in EV a bunch), the engine runs at a higher rev than the standard crosstrek.

·
Registered
2017 and 2021 CrossTrek Limited
233 Posts
Sure my wife has one too there called a light bar
Here is mine ( mine is called a unibar)

I had big spotties on them on my old FOZ
Where did you source the bug deflector? Might be interested in one without the silk screened logo.

Edit: Never mind; not compatable with Eyesight, per Subaru.

6121 - 6140 of 6159 Posts