Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

6101 - 6120 of 6159 Posts

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,269 Posts
I standardized on the Ryobi ONE+ system some time ago. I have a large number of their power tools along with a quite a few of the batteries, so I'm never without a charged battery.

They seem to be in the line of business for the long haul, so hopefully my dollars spent will be worth it for a good amount of time.

I "standardized" with Craftsman. You can maybe guess how that turned out. :rolleyes:

Reactions: StanTheMan

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,752 Posts
I standardized on the Ryobi ONE+ system some time ago. I have a large number of their power tools along with a quite a few of the batteries, so I'm never without a charged battery.

They seem to be in the line of business for the long haul, so hopefully my dollars spent will be worth it for a good amount of time.
I've had good experiences with Ryobi, although mostly big stuff stuff (snow blower, leaf blower).

Reactions: StanTheMan

·
Registered
2013 Subaru XV
43 Posts
Replaced both front cv axles last night. Fairly smooth sailing, except for getting the second axle out. Had to repeatedly pound it into the transmission then try to pry it out. Took a while, but it suddenly just popped out. Also, turns out my torque wrench only goes up to 150 ft/lbs and the axle nuts are speced to 163. Soooo I just did an extra 1/8th turn after 150, I ordered a new torque wrench and I'll re-check them when that gets in.

Here is the gorey part. I'm not even sure if the axle that sprayed grease everywhere was intact anymore. I have some concerns about the center diff if this thing was just rotating freely. The car seems to be driving just fine with the new axles though.

Old axles:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The other day I noticed that the horn didn't sound quite right. There's 2 horns, and they have different tones. So went looking, and found a broken wire to one of the horns. Made a new piece to fix that.

Also spent a couple hours doing a back to black treatment on all the exterior trim pieces.

·
Registered
233 Posts
@Cutlass since you finished the back to black treatment, I know a number of the spray on ceramic coatings will help protect the trim from fading (UV protection). Not sure if you already had a plan to keep it from fading again, but figured I would reach out. I use Hydrosilex recharge and it's great on trim and glass.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
@Cutlass since you finished the back to black treatment, I know a number of the spray on ceramic coatings will help protect the trim from fading (UV protection). Not sure if you already had a plan to keep it from fading again, but figured I would reach out. I use Hydrosilex recharge and it's great on trim and glass.

I'm not familiar with them, no. Do you have a link to the product?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm not familiar with them, no. Do you have a link to the product?

The Rewind is a degreaser and prep (think of it as a wax remover before applying new wax or a ceramic coating), then the Recharge is the ceramic coating. I use it on the entire car (glass, paint, plastic) and on the wheels to limit dust from sticking. I re-apply every 3-6 months or you can do it after every wash to maximize protection.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,785 Posts
Installed Rockblokz mudguards and started converting the rear lower reflectors to functional brakelights/turnsignals. Hopefully will finish this week. View attachment 302586
would be interested to see how you go about it. I turned mine into rear lights that work independently off a toggle switch.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru XV
43 Posts
MT and rear diff gear oil change. I should have just bought a funnel for the front, using a hand transfer pump was a real pain. Also, either my rear diff has never been serviced before or there is something wrong with it; oil was black and thick and there was a concerning metal fragment on the magnet. Other than that, very easy procedure, definitely something you should DIY if you do your own motor oil.

·
Registered
The avalanche has already started.
54 Posts
Installed Rockblokz mudguards and started converting the rear lower reflectors to functional brakelights/turnsignals. Hopefully will finish this week.
But @Sport21, does your other car go "VWOOOOSH VWWOOOOSH"?

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,785 Posts
Using the Curt trailer wiring adapter and made my own harness with disconnects so it is easy to remove/disconnect. The hardest part was drilling and filing for the socket to twist lock in.
This is what I did to mine

6101 - 6120 of 6159 Posts