Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5981 - 5994 of 5994 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited Crystal White Pearl
44 Posts
Finished getting the rest of the stuff put in my 2021 that I had in the 2019.

a couple little storage additions due to the lack of storage these have. This first one replaces the interior ECU fuse box door, pretty small but better than nothing.
273D8CF6-E75B-4AC5-9140-260715B42673.png
4B66A933-C2D9-4BF5-873B-B74E09760970.png

Next adds a little more organised storage for more daily stuff in Center console.
F909B6EC-5B55-4D0E-B8C4-3C04DB99C714.png

Put my JL Audio 6x9 C1 components in. I just used some metal drilled strapping material for the tweeter mounting brackets and work just fine I used self adhesive weatherstripping between doors and adapters and between speakers and adapters. Cut some foam weatherstrip to build a ring around the speakers for more sound transfer and secured with good ol fashioned duct tape.

Went with Morel Maximo coaxial 6.5” in the rear (Somewhat budget friendly). Had Polk audio coaxial for the rear at first, but were just too bright and overpowering! The Morels sound great and not bright. The coaxial with the tweeters in the rear make a nice sound stage and very noticeable over tweeters only in the front. Just my opinion. The pics are from the install of my 2019 that I never posted up but you get the idea. They’re now in my 2021 and sound so much better than stock. It was very noticeable from going from my 2019 with the upgraded speakers, to the 2021 stock, then back to the upgrade, Ordering from crutchfield comes with everything you need, no cutting of any wires and plug right in to the factory plugs. The only real wire mod was just made a couple plugs for the tweeters so I didn’t have to modify factory wiring.

These stock speakers are absolute junk. Sound terrible, but are better than nothing, barely lol. Need to get an Audio control LC7i and probably a JL Audio RD 900/5 and a sub. Maybe an XD 1000/5V2. I’ll look at some type of kill mat once I have the panels back off as well. The bass roll off certainly stinks on the factory HU, and starts at volume setting 23.
08632EB8-8F1E-44E2-BD59-6528CB553835.png
45EDCF40-2F7A-4EF8-83DD-2BBD9FDED375.png
DC33DA52-295B-4626-9903-32C426325BA8.png
75C28317-E61E-44A2-B697-26ADE43CBC9B.png

632F36F3-5C07-4E36-A385-5E17A3EC469E.png

069B4EA4-50E0-458B-B5C3-447938BF8345.png

111F4E7B-399B-4531-A880-4D3E9EB106B0.png

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,741 Posts

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,118 Posts
"custom" DIY radio mount as i was not happy/interested in anything that was off the shelf

used this as the main attachment point for the radio: Amazon.com: Rugged Radios MT-5R-HM Single Side Radio & Hand Mic Mount for Rugged V3, RH5R, RDH & Baofeng Handheld Radios

More pics in my build thread. Not 100% happy with it, but it will for sure do for now before the next trip. Im sure at some point ill make another/version 2 to improve it.

I don't really understand 2 way radios these days. Back when I was a wee lad walkie talkies were citizen's band. Now all the ones I see are marine band. If I'm out in the woods some place, wtf good does marine band do me?

Please educate.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,741 Posts
I don't really understand 2 way radios these days. Back when I was a wee lad walkie talkies were citizen's band. Now all the ones I see are marine band. If I'm out in the woods some place, wtf good does marine band do me?

Please educate.
Im still a HUGE n00b. But these will act as the basic walkie talkie to/from as long as each are on the same band.

These can also get the marine, police, and other major bands to communicate. Need a license for most, but future plans :)

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Magnetite Grey
11 Posts
Finished getting the rest of the stuff put in my 2021 that I had in the 2019.

a couple little storage additions due to the lack of storage these have. This first one replaces the interior ECU fuse box door, pretty small but better than nothing.
View attachment 301565 View attachment 301564

Next adds a little more organised storage for more daily stuff in Center console.
View attachment 301566

Put my JL Audio 6x9 C1 components in. I just used some metal drilled strapping material for the tweeter mounting brackets and work just fine I used self adhesive weatherstripping between doors and adapters and between speakers and adapters. Cut some foam weatherstrip to build a ring around the speakers for more sound transfer and secured with good ol fashioned duct tape.

Went with Morel Maximo coaxial 6.5” in the rear (Somewhat budget friendly). Had Polk audio coaxial for the rear at first, but were just too bright and overpowering! The Morels sound great and not bright. The coaxial with the tweeters in the rear make a nice sound stage and very noticeable over tweeters only in the front. Just my opinion. The pics are from the install of my 2019 that I never posted up but you get the idea. They’re now in my 2021 and sound so much better than stock. It was very noticeable from going from my 2019 with the upgraded speakers, to the 2021 stock, then back to the upgrade, Ordering from crutchfield comes with everything you need, no cutting of any wires and plug right in to the factory plugs. The only real wire mod was just made a couple plugs for the tweeters so I didn’t have to modify factory wiring.

These stock speakers are absolute junk. Sound terrible, but are better than nothing, barely lol. Need to get an Audio control LC7i and probably a JL Audio RD 900/5 and a sub. Maybe an XD 1000/5V2. I’ll look at some type of kill mat once I have the panels back off as well. The bass roll off certainly stinks on the factory HU, and starts at volume setting 23.
View attachment 301567 View attachment 301568 View attachment 301569 View attachment 301572
View attachment 301574
View attachment 301573
View attachment 301575
Getting ready to replace all the speakers in my 21 limited as well. Couple questions I hope you or someone knows the answers to. Are the front doors and dash running on their own separate channel or are they ran in series or parallel? A lot of stock systems will run the front door and dash in parallel with a 2 ohm door speaker and 8 ohm dash speakers and let the impedance function as a current divider to send 75% of the power to the door and the rest to the dash. Any indicator on what the impedance is on the factory speakers? I'm going to run CD Technologies all the way around just trying to figure out the correct impedances to order. The full range door speakers create a horrible soundstage.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
332 Posts
Speaking of speakers, is there a thread on accessing the dash speakers? Might fix my winter rattle if it’s easily accessible since it’s at the speaker grate at the windshield. The one time I took it in for it, they fixed the nonexistent rattle in the overhead console. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
121 Posts
Speaking of speakers, is there a thread on accessing the dash speakers? Might fix my winter rattle if it’s easily accessible since it’s at the speaker grate at the windshield. The one time I took it in for it, they fixed the nonexistent rattle in the overhead console. 🤦‍♂️
there is a great thread from @Doca that many have used. In regards to the dash speakers, use a trim pry tool and they pop right off.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited Crystal White Pearl
44 Posts
Getting ready to replace all the speakers in my 21 limited as well. Couple questions I hope you or someone knows the answers to. Are the front doors and dash running on their own separate channel or are they ran in series or parallel? A lot of stock systems will run the front door and dash in parallel with a 2 ohm door speaker and 8 ohm dash speakers and let the impedance function as a current divider to send 75% of the power to the door and the rest to the dash. Any indicator on what the impedance is on the factory speakers? I'm going to run CD Technologies all the way around just trying to figure out the correct impedances to order. The full range door speakers create a horrible soundstage.
I don’t recall how it’s set up or the impedances unfortunately. I believe I found it in the audio forum when I was initially researching it.

I have the PDF instructions that came from Crutchfield when I bought my speakers from them. Shoot me a pm with your email address and I’ll send you the file.

5981 - 5994 of 5994 Posts