Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5961 - 5980 of 5993 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Half roasted to death in the North Carolina heat and humidity washing and detailing my new Crosstrek.
Gave me the Hearts in the headlights look:love: after I was done though.

I was like - whatev.:cautious:

·
Registered
4 Posts
A thread that appears on a number of Subaru forums I frequent, so might as well start one here.

Tell us what you did to your Subaru today, could be simple, could be some modifications, could be .....

Washed and waxed mine.
Got mine serviced. NEVER going to a Subaru dealer again.

2013 XV. Or Crosstreks as you yanks say. New plugs, fuel filter. $830.00.

Thanks, Subaru Ryde, Sydney. Parts charge - $40 a plug? Ain't even platinums.... pft

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not much happens for XV owners downunder so looking for new distractions during the CovidComa.
Does for me man. Lifted mine, method 502s, semi trail bridgestones, full spotty setup, dont see people do them up here in sydney much. Or none at all....
Loads of Jeeps, hilux people here. Zzzzzz

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,202 Posts
Hooked up a Blackvue parking mode battery to the dash cam. Only via the cig port so far, so I could see how well it worked. Will hard wire later.

I already know it's not going to power the dash cam permanently, especially as we're no longer driving the Crosstrek every day (more like once a week) but it solves the problem of how to easily get at the video. We have Wi-Fi in the garage so I can now access the camera from my PC after parking, rather than have to do so from my phone, sitting in the car. Pulling the microSD card is a royal pain.

And while it won't provide 24/7 coverage, it will while the car is left in a supermarket parking lot, etc. when it's more likely to be damaged than in our building's garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I should have posted this earlier this week but its been hectic with work, but I have a 2m x 2.5m KINGS awning and a KINGS awning tent to fit to my cross bars. I also bought a 12V air compressor and 4m extension hose + a tyre deflator for those times I need more off road grip. I will post up photos once its all fitted and looking the part.
OMG. Why kings? It's cheap rubbish and doesnt last....
Every sheep has kings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Removed, dried and sealed a leaking tail-light cluster. I strongly suspect that handling by the dealer while replacing a bulb at the last service 2 weeks ago caused the leak, but it's not worth a 2 hour drive to have them do the repair.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Price is what made me do it. Also, that Im not a hard core camper. So while I dont expect it to last as long as a more expensive brand, it will do what I want it to just fine for now. I dont give a **** If Im a sheep or not
Each to their own right? 🐑🐏🐑🌵

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,741 Posts

today marks 3 years of owning the crosstrek. Bottom pic is the day after I bought it and the top is as the car sits today.

Bought it was less than 4 miles on it, it currently has just under 45,000. I've put over 44,000 miles on the methods/KO2 and ADF lift kit, zero issues with any of them.

Car will be paid off in the next two months, just shy of 2 years early, and then the fun begins? Haha. Since the pandemic and WFH, I've saved over 7,000 miles of pure commute miles in the last 6 months too! Crazy to think about.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,118 Posts
Drove it to Maine and back. Not an exciting trip. But at least got out of town for a week.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installed some Luyed 1,700 Lumen back up projector led lights and license plate lights in my 2021. The reverse lights are very bright.
Did you have to make any modifications? The Amazon page linked lists the Crosstrek 2021 as incompatible. Is that a Limited trim pictured?

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited Crystal White Pearl
43 Posts
Did you have to make any modifications? The Amazon page linked lists the Crosstrek 2021 as incompatible. Is that a Limited trim pictured?

View attachment 301504

No and I should have prefaced in my post. This 7440 light says it’s for the Crosstrek even though the Amazon listing says it does not fit. I took a chance and ordered it anyways. The only thing I had to do was just push the LED hard into the socket and it snaps in place. Super easy install, Took about 5 minutes.
86F7F3C6-E867-4264-9646-DD3AF4973FB1.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited Crystal White Pearl
43 Posts
Installed the footwell lighting kit, not too bad to install. It‘s just plug n play and dims with the light dimmer. Had a $250 card for the parts dept. so had to get a few things.
0F60F2C4-9E89-45B0-B732-32E132AB37A6.jpeg

D752898C-112B-4838-8004-39FC83B68D34.png

Swapped the rear cargo hatch for an LED that’s brighter than the regular halogen.
7EA26CA8-AB1C-4D82-9DF0-D42AA49F4B8C.png

Oh, and installed my sill plugs that didn’t come installed on my new 2021. Read about them very recently only to find they weren’t installed in my 2019 I’d had for a year and a half lol. Are Your Sill Plugs Installed?
C81E92C3-1D91-4135-9CFC-AEDE08B254C0.png

5961 - 5980 of 5993 Posts