Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5941 - 5960 of 5993 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
34 Posts
Digging those scoops. Went to the site. everything they make is sold out LOL. It states the scoops are raw. how did you paint / prep those?
Didn’t paint, just adhered them as is. They match the door trims well. Cleaned window with rubbing alcohol and stuck some 3M double sided tape to the scoops and stuck on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
installed a trailer hitch, went pretty smoothly through I did have to grind a small slot out of two of the holes to get all the hardware up in there:

IMG_5835.jpg
IMG_5837.jpg
IMG_5839.jpg
IMG_5840.jpg

used my transmission jack & a piece of wood to hold the hitch level & crank it up to the bolts, had to be careful not to push the bolts into the frame

IMG_5841.jpg
IMG_5842.jpg
IMG_5843.jpg
IMG_5844.jpg
IMG_5846.jpg

took about an hour & a half, not too bad. Now it's time to toss the bike rack on & hit the trails

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,202 Posts
I'm not planning on installing a hitch any time soon but from some of he pics I've seen here it seems you lose some clearance, departure angle with the non OEM hitches. Correct?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not planning on installing a hitch any time soon but from some of he pics I've seen here it seems you lose some clearance, departure angle with the non OEM hitches. Correct?
I hadn't considered that but yes, it does appear that those are two consequences of the hitch I installed. Not too concerned about it though, this thing is a pavement princess, anytime I leave asphalt I take alternate transportation :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1826.JPG

come to think of it, I routinely bash the crap out of the trailer hitch on the TJ too, usually when coming off a big rock. Ahh well, it's either that or the gas tank skid...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I hadn't considered that but yes, it does appear that those are two consequences of the hitch I installed. Not too concerned about it though, this thing is a pavement princess, anytime I leave asphalt I take alternate transportation :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 301044

come to think of it, I routinely bash the crap out of the trailer hitch on the TJ too, usually when coming off a big rock. Ahh well, it's either that or the gas tank skid...
Same here.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,202 Posts
LOL, we're pretty unusual in this neck of the woods in that we don't have a Range Rover or Lexus Land Cruiser for grocery store runs... 😸

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,202 Posts
I went to DMV site last night to renew reg and since the PCV is emissions related, they would not let me renew till its fixed.
I'd heard rumors about that... good to know!

·
Registered
75 Posts
i've finally installed my fire extinguisher! That the co-pilot does not like at all..
Any one want it?

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,067 Posts
DIY engine oil/filter change with Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 full synthetic SN+ and the blue Subaru OEM filter. Upon rotating the tires I found a screw in the tread of one tire. The tire hasn't been losing air so I'm hoping the screw is not all the way through. If it is I may need a new tire as the screw is exactly one inch from the edge of the tread.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
332 Posts
No one’s done anything in the last 8 days? Didn’t do anything to the Crosstrek specifically, but we got it a big brother/sister on Saturday. Went to Toyota to test drive a new RAV4 and drove home in a slightly used, lifted 2020 Outback for the wife. Only 3,500 miles on the odo but got it for $9K less than the sticker price when it was new. Went into service with first owner in May. Picking up a set of all seasons and saving the KO2s for the deep snow we get. Need to install a towing receiver too. First time in 25 years we don’t own a Toyota.:oops:

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,202 Posts
Looks like it's on the way to being an orange one, LOL!

·
Super Moderator
242 Posts
Lazy person oil change today....

Being tempted, but it isn't a Limited trim level, and I will not do another black vehicle.

The yellow lipstick trim interior is 🤔🤮 IMO.

5941 - 5960 of 5993 Posts