Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,087 Posts
Reactions: AstroKats

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,885 Posts
I found getting it through the washer tube boot a little difficult, but doable, and overall the best choice.
Yep, difficult but a cleaner install than having a wire hanging inside the cargo area...

·
Registered
'16 Subaru CrossTrek Limited w/Tech
66 Posts
Well, it didn't happen -today-, but I had the prop-shaft replaced for free. Thank you for the 100k drivetrain warranty, Subaru!

Next Thursday they replace the drivers seat base. While Subaru is covering parts, I have to pay the labour on this.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well, it didn't happen -today-, but I had the prop-shaft replaced for free. Thank you for the 100k drivetrain warranty, Subaru!

Next Thursday they replace the drivers seat base. While Subaru is covering parts, I have to pay the labour on this.
My MY18 driver's seat has been a bit loose since day one. Just as I was going to get the dealer to tighten it up a recall came out saying this was a common fault and there was a new base that would fix the issue. I'm due to go in to have this base installed...no charge. Maybe yours should be covered by this.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
My MY18 driver's seat has been a bit loose since day one. Just as I was going to get the dealer to tighten it up a recall came out saying this was a common fault and there was a new base that would fix the issue. I'm due to go in to have this base installed...no charge. Maybe yours should be covered by this.
Is it an actual recall or just a TSB? I don't see any new ones on the NHTSA site but I guess it may not be considered a safety issue. No new recalls on MySubaru for our VINs either.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
66 Posts
The issue with my seat is the padding has sagged/compacted down. Is the issue with the padding or the spring(?) supports (however it is physically supported), I do not know. My understanding is they are replacing the base of the seat.

I don't see/have not found any recall/TSB regarding it.

I love the vehicle even with its "faults/flaws/shortcomings" either way; never giving it up but - honestly? I have some quality control concerns when a prop-shaft and seat wear out on a 4 year old car.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Today visited my oil supplier, decided to pickup techron concentrate plus on top of my regular si-1. As far as i remember the new techron contains combustion enhancer like octane booster, so i pour one bottle on my half tank premium gas. The last two weeks i had experienced much improve engine response after cleaning carbon with crc and chemtool, but after the techron it is even better, the car just accelerate quickly like jack rabbit. I also realised when i accelerate at 2500 rpm from traffic light, i leave the rest of the pack quite far away. What a de ja vu, since i dont think the car behave so aggressively from stop before with such light throttle. I checked my last 0-60mph is 8.8 secs, which a surprise because typically around 9 seconds plus. It seems true default stock intake give better 0-60 mph timing compared to oversized CAI.

·
Registered
66 Posts
...I also realised when i accelerate at 2500 rpm from traffic light, i leave the rest of the pack quite far away. What a de ja vu, since i dont think the car behave so aggressively from stop before with such light throttle. I checked my last 0-60mph is 8.8 secs, which a surprise because typically around 9 seconds plus. It seems true default stock intake give better 0-60 mph timing compared to oversized CAI.
I have suspected for some time that CrossTrek's supposed "sluggish acceleration" is a placebo effect. The CTV and/or AWD systems just smooth it out so much you don't get the same sense of acceleration. That's my thought.

I have noticed the same thing kr-xv - I often pull away from the "pack" at lights. Not sure what I rev at, I don't pay much attention to that.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yes - same for me as @kr_xv re I notice at 2500rpm from lights will leave the pack well behind.
When first we took an XV for a test drive, we drove it up one of the steep hills near home to make sure it performed well on hill climbs. It was surprisingly spirited without having to floor it. I still don't understand why some people use words like under powered 🐨

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Base
97 Posts
This wasn't today, but it was the other day. Late as usual.

SSD lightbar, Diode Dynamics fogs & low beams, RokBlokz mud flaps, Curt Class 3 Hitch and trailer wiring. Along with a Perrin tow hook. Also swapped interior lights to leds and some exterior ones as well, still can't get the license plate ones in though. lol

Also did a full detail, washed, clay barred, glazed, sealed & waxed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This wasn't today, but it was the other day. Late as usual.

SSD lightbar, Diode Dynamics fogs & low beams, RokBlokz mud flaps, Curt Class 3 Hitch and trailer wiring. Along with a Perrin tow hook. Also swapped interior lights to leds and some exterior ones as well, still can't get the license plate ones in though. lol

Also did a full detail, washed, clay barred, glazed, sealed & waxed.

How are you liking the Toyos?

5901 - 5920 of 5950 Posts