Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5881 - 5900 of 5950 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
Why is there an upper parking lot?
Why do we have to drive on the wrong side of the road here? 😸

Actually it's because the real estate here on the Westide is ludicrously expensive, so it's cheaper to build an upper deck that to use up more real estate.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Why do we have to drive on the wrong side of the road here? 😸

Actually it's because the real estate here on the Westide is ludicrously expensive, so it's cheaper to build an upper deck that to use up more real estate.

That's not cheap, either.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
That's not cheap, either.
I know. Tells you something about the price of real estate here...

They either go up or down. Our Whole Foods has a two level subterranean garage.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Maybe you people ought to look into better mass transit... :p

Reactions: AstroKats

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Nice. What brand / model is that?
I'm also curious, although our RTT aspirations have been put on hold for the time being...

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,718 Posts
Nice. What brand / model is that?
This is what I have:

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Nice! The $2.2K figure not so nice!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Did the yearly "Intake Service" and requisite "Italian tune-up". Didn't 'scope it before or after, coming up on 24k miles (~38.6k K). No issues.

artosa

·
Premium Member
2020 Crosstrek Premium 6MT
61 Posts
How was the shifter install. It's on my list.
Not too bad if you have a palm nailer. Getting that roll pin out with a hammer would have been a nightmare. Took me two hours but I also lost the original roll pin so I had to make a trip to the store. I wish the plate had more weight on it though. Shifting feels a little clunky. Make sure you also get the shfter block to remove the slop between the gates.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Not something I did, but need a thread to add it to....

Had a coworker actually ask me about a place on one of the stickers on the back of my Trek today.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
351 Posts
Not too bad if you have a palm nailer. Getting that roll pin out with a hammer would have been a nightmare. Took me two hours but I also lost the original roll pin so I had to make a trip to the store. I wish the plate had more weight on it though. Shifting feels a little clunky. Make sure you also get the shfter block to remove the slop between the gates.
I did mine on my '10 Legacy 6mt (Same tranny and shifter) with a hammer. Major PITA.

How was the shifter install. It's on my list.

I would suggest looking at a version that has more weight like Boomba. It's like having a heavy shift knob, the shifts just feel more solid and hefty. The solid bushing is also an absolute must.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Did the oil and filter, inspections, and tire rotations today to compliment yesterday's "Intake Service". Subaru "blue" filter and QSUD 0W20.

artosa

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
In Vancouver there'd be condos on top...20 storeys of condos.
Ha, ha, that's happening here too, especially in downtown Santa Monica. Mixed use, they call it... two or three subterranean garage levels, then a retail layer, then a couple of office layers and condos on top of that! Yum!

Reactions: Cutlass
5881 - 5900 of 5950 Posts