Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5741 - 5760 of 5781 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
23 Posts
How‘s the install on these? Couldn’t find the instructions on their site & difficulty is listed as medium?
Difficulty should be listed as easy really. Its help on by adhesive. So just slap on some double sided 3m tape on the reflector covers and stick it on the reflector. They forgot to supply me with the adhesive so I had to buy some myself.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
42 Posts
The challenge with vinyl is stretching it to form over the multiple contours.
Yup, that will be a challenge for sure - but I'm also challenged trying to get a smooth enough finish with Plastidip so I probably won't be happy with the results either way :)

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,203 Posts
Yup, that will be a challenge for sure - but I'm also challenged trying to get a smooth enough finish with Plastidip so I probably won't be happy with the results either way :)
Wasn't hard to get a smooth finish with Plastidip. I used the spray can. Have to do multiple coats, a little at a time, so it doesn't run. The big challenge was the edge with the taping. Be careful not to let it dry too long, or it will peel off your Plastidip.

But yeah, if you can get the vinyl to work, that would be the best solution. Maybe heating it a bit would help with the stretching.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
42 Posts
I installed my recently ordered protective stuff so I can start getting my dog acclimated to being in the car (she's prone to car sickness so I never really took her for rides in the previous car). In addition to the Cup Holder Hero liners, I got an "iBuddy Cargo Liner" to help keep things cleaner. Seems like it should do pretty well, it's machine washable, plenty long enough for the Crosstrek, and $50 seemed like a reasonably good value to me. And it's orange to match!

The co-pawlot seems to be pleased...

·
Registered
'20 Premium 6mt-Pure Red
3 Posts
Just some minor interior additions. Some RB mudflaps, Gtechniq Smart fabric on the interior carpets, seats, fabric surfaces.
Installed all weather liners front & rear, as well as the OEM rear seat covers.
Trying to keep this new ride clean through all my Hoonin'

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
42 Posts
Just some minor interior additions. Some RB mudflaps, Gtechniq Smart fabric on the interior carpets, seats, fabric surfaces.
Installed all weather liners front & rear, as well as the OEM rear seat covers.
Trying to keep this new ride clean through all my Hoonin'
Looks good! How was your experience with the rear seat cover install? I had problems getting the middle headrest covered as the opening was too narrow for the seat belt guide, and overall I wasn't impressed with the gaps around the seat belt buckles and the way it 'floats' over the lower cushion. Wondering if maybe I just screwed up somewhere and need to redo it :)

·
Registered
'20 Premium 6mt-Pure Red
3 Posts
Looks good! How was your experience with the rear seat cover install? I had problems getting the middle headrest covered as the opening was too narrow for the seat belt guide, and overall I wasn't impressed with the gaps around the seat belt buckles and the way it 'floats' over the lower cushion. Wondering if maybe I just screwed up somewhere and need to redo it :)
I found it pretty easy. Removed the headrests, and was able to squeeze it over the mid head rest, but I didn't put in over the seat belt guide.. At least I don't think so!
As for the grip, I agree It could be better. I got mine off Ebay, and it came rolled up in a box. After a warm day in the sun, it seem to have flattened out a bit more, but I do wish it covered a bit more. Regardless, it's better than the alterative.🤘

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Bought a "Blue Driver and programmed my iphone for both my Forester and XV. You just feet the vin number into the app and it knows what points are accessible. It also tells you any recalls and maintenance schedule. Once its hooked bu to bluetooth on each vehicle you don't have to reconnect. You do have to select which vehicle though. I highly recommend this #1 rated product at $99

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you use vinyl to delete the window chrome trim? If so how hard was it? Looks really good! I want to give it a go but seems difficult to wrap.
I'm curious as well, I've got some vinyl ordered to take care of it (gloss, matte, and satin on the way for various things). I'm not a big fan of chrome and it really annoys me that they stuck that strip on the Limited trim level for no good reason at all. I'm just not sure I want to tackle removing and replacing it with trim pieces from base or premium.
I bought a pre cut kit from JDMFV. Went on fairly easy. The vinyl lays in between the rubber top and bottom of the molding. No tucking. Probably took about an hour. The kit cost $36, the local wrap guy wanted $300.I also bought a cheap set of wrap tools from Amazon which helped al lot.
Be careful. I saw these posts and thought this would be awesome. I ordered from them online and they have gone dark. They charged my card and I have nothing. I have sent 3 emails and tried calling them and the phone just goes into voice mail. I would not purchase from these guys, I may have to file a CC dispute this week.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
23 Posts
Be careful. I saw these posts and thought this would be awesome. I ordered from them online and they have gone dark. They charged my card and I have nothing. I have sent 3 emails and tried calling them and the phone just goes into voice mail. I would not purchase from these guys, I may have to file a CC dispute this week.
I’m in the same boat as you. It’s been 13 days since I’ve purchased the vinyl from them and haven’t heard back.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Please let us know how that turns out.
Will do
I’m in the same boat as you. It’s been 13 days since I’ve purchased the vinyl from them and haven’t heard back.
That sucks, yeah we shall see. I have sent several emails and tried calling a bunch with no answers on their line. Good news I paid via credit card and my company is really good about these disputes.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,000 Posts
I bought the Subispeed DRL foglight bezzel DRL extra lights. But they came with no directions, and there's no directions on the website, and I can't find them online. The install of the parts themselves I don't need help with. But the 3 wire attachments are not obvious where they are supposed to attach. I sent Subispeed a message, but they haven't responded yet.

I think this will probably be the last time I buy from Subispeed.

5741 - 5760 of 5781 Posts