Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5621 - 5640 of 5669 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
11 Posts
Had my 2020 Limited tinted today. 15% on the front side windows and 20% over the factory privacy glass on the back and rear windows making it 4-5% I believe.

IMG_3307 copy.png

·
Registered
82 Posts
I.. "broke" into it. Up north, -14c to -20c left parked for 2 days without driving. Battery dead, locks won't function, manual override key won't work even after several doses of lock de-icer and penetrating oil. As luck would have it.. after spending about an hour trying various things, i finally got in.. I guess the temperature got up enough to barely work the locks. Took the battery out.. charged it.. its an AGM yellowtop. battery health is good, tested it with the load tester. Car is good now.

Anyone know if you can install passenger side manual door locks in the keyless version? Else i'm looking at some sort of external battery charging port in case this problem happens again.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Went for 60k service today since I could not stand the squeaky sound when riding hump. Found out the stabilizer bush dry and the hole inside get enlarged, so decided to change for the front ones. The rear get opened up and put more grease, and all turns to be quiet again. Just surprised that the bush can create so loud squeaky noise since all my previous cars never have same problem with squeaky noise, mostly just create bumping noise due to excessive clearance.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,609 Posts
I.. "broke" into it. Up north, -14c to -20c left parked for 2 days without driving. Battery dead, locks won't function, manual override key won't work even after several doses of lock de-icer and penetrating oil. As luck would have it.. after spending about an hour trying various things, i finally got in.. I guess the temperature got up enough to barely work the locks. Took the battery out.. charged it.. its an AGM yellowtop. battery health is good, tested it with the load tester. Car is good now.

Anyone know if you can install passenger side manual door locks in the keyless version? Else i'm looking at some sort of external battery charging port in case this problem happens again.
I bought one of these in October 2018: https://amzn.to/2uZ388X

Ive used it 3 or 4 times since. My second car will sit for weeks at a time and the battery died a few times just sitting ( I should just buy a battery tender) and my wifes battery died last week at work.

That thing has worked amazing. Zero issues and the only "maintenance" is the top off its charge every 6 months regardless of having used it or not.

I keep mine in the spare tire area in the Crosstrek at all times.

·
Registered
'19 Crosstrek Limited, White Pearl
37 Posts
Filled it up for the first time. Received from the dealer with 11744 miles on it. Averaged about 32 MPG on that tank. Today, I left for work and the range was at 60 miles. Nearly immediatley, it dropped to 50 miles. I wish that at 50 the range would change to either single or at least 5 mile increments. I was surprised to see the pop-up asking if I wanted to search for gas stations when the range dropped to 50 miles. That was the first time I started to panic. I had been watching the range drop, but it did not click that it drops in 10 mpg increments. Then I panic thinking how accurate it was. I pulled in at station and put in 14.8 gallons. The range was listed as 40, which means it was 30-40 miles. So, if was averaging 32 mpg, and still had about 1.2 gallons left, I could see the range being about 38 at best. I can see myself being sure to get gas if it hits 20 mile range. One pet peeve though. On every car I have owned, the fuel gauge always has an arrow point to the side that the filler neck is on. My car shows the gas icon, with an arrow on the right side of it, pointing to the left. I took this to mean that the filler is on the left side. Nope, its on the right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Filled it up for the first time. Received from the dealer with 11744 miles on it. Averaged about 32 MPG on that tank. Today, I left for work and the range was at 60 miles. Nearly immediatley, it dropped to 50 miles. I wish that at 50 the range would change to either single or at least 5 mile increments. I was surprised to see the pop-up asking if I wanted to search for gas stations when the range dropped to 50 miles. That was the first time I started to panic. I had been watching the range drop, but it did not click that it drops in 10 mpg increments. Then I panic thinking how accurate it was. I pulled in at station and put in 14.8 gallons. The range was listed as 40, which means it was 30-40 miles. So, if was averaging 32 mpg, and still had about 1.2 gallons left, I could see the range being about 38 at best. I can see myself being sure to get gas if it hits 20 mile range. One pet peeve though. On every car I have owned, the fuel gauge always has an arrow point to the side that the filler neck is on. My car shows the gas icon, with an arrow on the right side of it, pointing to the left. I took this to mean that the filler is on the left side. Nope, its on the right.
Your car is messed up. My arrow is on the right and points to the right. No confusion here.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep, I noticed the arrow at the dealership, but did not check it for accuracy. This am, at the pumps, I specifically pulled in on the right side of the pump, assuming the filler was on the left. NOPE, so I look like a dumbass having to get back in and drive around to the other side...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Know what? I was looking at the wrong thing. I did not even notice the arrow that you show above. I was looking at the pump icon with the arrow next to it with the range listed. I took that arrow to mean the direction of the gas pump. Doh!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Finally figured out the Thule crossbars for 2020 flush rails on the PHEV, by purchasing the feet from Thule and used crossbars from eBay. Saved half the price from Subaru for same crossbars!

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,008 Posts
Took my car in to the local dealer to get all my recalls done. Done in 4 hours. Gave me a new Forester to drive, too. While there chatted a bit about these recalls and other issues. They said that with all the PCV, brake hoses and Coils/ECM recalls, they have yet to find one that was defective. Just Subaru being super cautious. Also talked about how the old Subaru's used/leaked a bit of oil, but all the new ones hardly a drop to the next change, big diff from the old days. And yes, they said the factory overfill the oil, and the dealers did too, to try and avoid that issue. This particular dealer is the largest in BC, and the service and tech guys are very experienced and knowledgeable. I have always got good info from them in the past when there was an issue, so I trust them.

Also updated my maps to the latest, so my car is good as it can be for now. Planning to drive down to AZ with in March, so wanted to get that stuff done beforehand.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
928 Posts
Did the touchless carwash with with extra high pressure soap and water to scrub it down as far as possible. And filled tires with air, because apperently the tire pressure sensors actually more or less work.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
7,305 Posts
I changed the rear wiper blade. It took me maybe 30 minutes to see how simple it was. 🙄 Thanks YouTube! O I L change is tomorrow maybe.
Missing you on the O I L threads that keep popping up... 😸

5621 - 5640 of 5669 Posts