Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5581 - 5600 of 6012 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium
440 Posts
I picked up the washers today and made sure that the skid plate bolts fit through and that I could tighten the bolt with my 13mm socket. Good news is everything seems to fit!
I will be installing the skid plates probably this weekend, so I'll update my build thread with pictures and a more detailed write up.

I, for one, am super happy to have found these. LP Adventures' price for rally washers is ridiculous. Heck, at ~$7 per washer, these aren't exactly cheap anyways.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Had my car in to the dealer today for the ignition coil recall. No damage was found and they did the software update.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I picked up the washers today and made sure that the skid plate bolts fit through and that I could tighten the bolt with my 13mm socket. Good news is everything seems to fit!
I will be installing the skid plates probably this weekend, so I'll update my build thread with pictures and a more detailed write up.

I, for one, am super happy to have found these. LP Adventures' price for rally washers is ridiculous. Heck, at ~$7 per washer, these aren't exactly cheap anyways.
Good find! I have the LP lift/light brackets which are nice but their washers are just out of line. I was going to make some but even though $7 each is still expensive that's cheaper than the time I'd have turning them out on the lathe... May have to pick some up although I don't have skids yet...

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium
440 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures. I got restless and installed the skids last night. The "rally washers" fit perfectly.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,745 Posts
Here's a couple of pictures. I got restless and installed the skids last night. The "rally washers" fit perfectly.

Thanks for the update! Will be ordering!!

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,745 Posts
Actually there is a 4 Wheel Parts store right off the freeway on my drive home from work :D
Going to call them when they open to see if they just have them in stock or not :)
Boo not in stock. But just placed the order. Free shipping to the store, so still saved a few bucks.

·
Registered
2020 CGK Premium
6 Posts
I put on a decal and emblem overlays! My car is named Doctor Manhattan, hence the Dr. M sticker. BUT, it turns out I don't like the window decal, so I'll be taking that off today, haha. I still really like the Orsini emblem overlays though and I'll probably order more in the future to switch them out. Next step: plastidipping the emblems.

IMG_7987.jpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
Rola organizer. Nice quality and size and takes care of my loose items.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How does that coating hold up in your experience? I might consider it as my 18 starts to get a bit older. Michigan winters are tough on cars.
I was wondering the same thing. Our winters are the usual Canadian winter...road slop and all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Installed Diode Dynamics SL1 LED Fog light bulbs. They make a big difference for visibility and light output matches the headlights. It was a snug fit. DD has excellent and helpful customer service.

Reactions: Cutlass

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,138 Posts
Tire lettering weekend project took me back to kindergarten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tires come with white letters, or did you add that?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just installed these on my 2015 XV... however, I need to adjust it again later. They are amazing! Rainy weather, my lowbeam and highbeam have no match to it. Rainy = shiny roads but this SS3 just light it all up. I do commute in rural roads for 1 hr one way - rain/snow/fog is pretty much heavy.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just installed these on my 2015 XV... however, I need to adjust it again later. They are amazing! Rainy weather, my lowbeam and highbeam have no match to it. Rainy = shiny roads but this SS3 just light it all up. I do commute in rural roads for 1 hr one way - rain/snow/fog is pretty much heavy.
Do you have the fogs or driving? Do you get flashed by oncoming drivers? Really considering these vs LED fogs off a 2020. Also, that video was helpful but made me cringe when he was prying on the bumper. Why not just take the whole bumper off?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Do you have the fogs or driving? Do you get flashed by oncoming drivers? Really considering these vs LED fogs off a 2020. Also, that video was helpful but made me cringe when he was prying on the bumper. Why not just take the whole bumper off?
Got flash once because the driver side came a little loose so it got tilt up, I didn't tighten the bolt enough. That is why I need to adjust it later on (car park outside raining at the moment).

I got the SS3 Pro Fog SAE, it covers and fill over my headlights in rain wet road, snow, fog time. You know when your low beam headlight almost invisible in rainy weathers. These fog lights just light the road up like on dry road in comparison.

fyi: previous fog is stock housing + Nokya Hyperyellow LED, these SS3 is x10 better. After driving with fog on for about an hour, decided to turn off the fog and I couldn't believe how not so bright are my low beams are since my eyes got used to it.

found more youtube video:

tip for Pro Fog model:

5581 - 5600 of 6012 Posts