Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5561 - 5580 of 5609 Posts

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
82 Posts
^ Decent price. I know they are $60 something new at the dealer.
Even $60's not bad for new. If I had seen one that price I probly would've gotten it, it'd be worth not having to scrape off the old glue/tape lol that sucked! All the new ones on Amazon and ebay were around $100.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,546 Posts
Even $60's not bad for new. If I had seen one that price I probly would've gotten it, it'd be worth not having to scrape off the old glue/tape lol that sucked! All the new ones on Amazon and ebay were around $100.
I bought my mom one for her 2016 Crosstrek for Christmas. Employee pricing (got lots of friends at the dealers lol) was $61.62. Honestly a bit more expensive than I would have guessed, but a slight discount is always nice.

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
82 Posts
I bought my mom one for her 2016 Crosstrek for Christmas. Employee pricing (got lots of friends at the dealers lol) was $61.62. Honestly a bit more expensive than I would have guessed, but a slight discount is always nice.
That's awesome. I need me some of those. I shared these pics on the Facebook group and someone from the dealership where I bought my car noticed my plate frames lol here's to hoping we become friends!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took my new 202 premium out in the icy Midwest snow storm for the first time. Bought for AWD and city use. First time I’ve ever had fun driving in snow. My fiancé got to listen to me the whole time.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,909 Posts
Spent all afternoon testing battery drain, etc. The good news is that, while it's 40W+ when the car wakes up (when you approach it with a fob in your possesion) and open a door, it eventually goes to sleep and the drain is only 0.2W on average. There would be a spike when the fuel evaporation system kicks in but I didn't wait that long.

I'll post all of the results in my latest battery thread.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I snapped the tack weld holding the bolt on for one of my rearward engine skid plate mounts 😭 Considering solutions. Thinking maybe JB weld. I can wrestle a wrench up there now to grab it from the other side but I don't want to have to do that long term. Be careful when removing your skids!!

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,546 Posts
I snapped the tack weld holding the bolt on for one of my rearward engine skid plate mounts 😭 Considering solutions. Thinking maybe JB weld. I can wrestle a wrench up there now to grab it from the other side but I don't want to have to do that long term. Be careful when removing your skids!!
whoa! Hand tightening or using an impact?

·
Registered
335 Posts
whoa! Hand tightening or using an impact?
Neither. Honestly it was totally my fault. I usually will thread the rear mounts in first and then the front ones. After threading the rears, I realized I hadn't set the radiator support mounting posts into the standoffs on the skids. Me in my infinite wisdom (and laziness) simply pulled down on the skid, flexing it over the standoff. Sure enough it stressed it to the point of breaking that bolt loose.

Thinking that JB weld is the solution but I will likely need to tap the excess out of the hole once dry.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ahhh gotcha!

Im sure you could take it to a muffler shop or similar for them to tac it back on there for a few bucks!
Not sure if there is enough space to do that. I had a heck of a time even getting the photo of it. Probably worth a try though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Removed the exhaust and removed the corrosion then coated it with 3 coats of high temp stainless steel coating. Just picked up this 16 a few months ago and was surprised to see this.
7A4B889A-0C67-4219-A56B-D97A056C77EE.jpeg
4EC041D5-E003-4A9D-952B-2E298FC4DD53.jpeg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Removed the exhaust and removed the corrosion then coated it with 3 coats of high temp stainless steel coating. Just picked up this 16 a few months ago and was surprised to see this. View attachment 298732 View attachment 298734
How does that coating hold up in your experience? I might consider it as my 18 starts to get a bit older. Michigan winters are tough on cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have used it on headers and manifolds on my classics and it has never let me down. I’m in Long Beach CA and my other vehicles I have used it on don’t really see snow so this will be a test for me. It’s designed for hi temp industrial applications and should hold up to the elements. There are different brands out there so just look up stainless steel coatings as some are different in their formula. Some are an epoxy and some are poly but there could be a coating designed for use with salt...I didn’t check, also expect it to smell for a short while as it sets up with the heat of the exhaust. Good luck!

5561 - 5580 of 5609 Posts