Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5541 - 5560 of 6002 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Got the Curt hitch installed and picked up a few pieces of necessary recovery gear from Factor 55. Got an XTV Flatlink for the winch, a Rope Retention Pulley, Tree saver and Crosby shackle. Picked up a piece of steel to fab a small guard to disguise the bolt heads for the lights a bit too. Hopefully get that all nailed down on the 1st.

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
513 Posts
Today i remove the crawford aos/catch can so I can go back to dealer to replace pcv. It surprise me that there is about 100ml oil inside the catch can that never goes back to engine, that makes me wonder if that cause the oil fume during hard acceleration. Since crawford provided hose that connect to pcv come without clamp but kind of stick to the valve, but around there has some oil greasy feeling, i wonder if the hose quality is not great on sealing off when engine is hot. Well, it seemed the catch can slow down the rate of performance deterioration before i need to use intake induction cleaner but the hose quality and amount oil still reside on catch can raise question on long run reliability of the catch can solution.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,214 Posts
Installed an Odyssey Extreme battery! ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Got the Curt hitch installed and picked up a few pieces of necessary recovery gear from Factor 55. Got an XTV Flatlink for the winch, a Rope Retention Pulley, Tree saver and Crosby shackle. Picked up a piece of steel to fab a small guard to disguise the bolt heads for the lights a bit too. Hopefully get that all nailed down on the 1st.

Best of Luck,

Mike
this is done:
Well unable to load pics to photobucket for some reason. Noting for reference later so I don't lose track of progress, will add pics soon as I'm able to.

-curt hitch is installed

-Factor 55 XTV flat link is installed:

-Factor 55 tree saver in car:

-Factor 55 Rope Retention Pulley new XTV size- this one is full size, I have new XTV size in car with soft shackle:

-Crosby shackle from Factor 55 in car:

-Weathertech floor mats installed

-amazon interior orange door/dash/console inserts installed

more to come...

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium
432 Posts
Added in side cargo nets and found that an old Lexus cargo net from years ago fit. Transferred my breakdown/emergency kit from the old car to the Trek.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well not today. but i priced getting heated sideview mirrors and dimmable rearview mirror on my 2019 base model. plan to do it with income tax return $$$. have to make sure it can be done with a manual as i don't have eyesight etc. i think i can.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
It was snowing moderately-heavily for hours and after a disappointing drive to Tim Hortons, as I was stuck behind a brutally slow cement truck in a 60 zone, I took Stamford down the back 40 route home and did two successive symmetrical AWD doughnuts In the cul-de-sac in front of our house. Sadly, the feds called it a snow day at noon (to get everyone home safely before real traffic) and all but 1 neighbour left work early and drove over it before I could return to take a track pic. Next snowfall, I guess.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Didn't "DO" anything other than get my 18 Limited back from those bloody recalls. Also, my lane keep assist isn't working anymore. Which... I'm OK with since it was annoying the s*** out of me - LKA was way too aggressive. So I'll say that I disabled LKA, somehow. Baller.

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
93 Posts
Panavise mount with Wiz Gear magnet. Even tho the Amazon page didn't mention it, this fit my '15 XV with no issues or modification needed. Yes I realize the magnet is upside down. The "Wiz Gear" writing was only on the one side and I wanted it facing out.

·
Registered
765 Posts
My 'pride in my ride' is getting a bit much for HWMBO. Between the coinbox/fuse cover, the orange trimmed rubber mats for the small storage compartments, the dashmat and the sunshade, he says "It's beginning to look like a little, old lady's car".
I've been banned from getting roof racks and weathershields for the windows. I haven't told him the back seat cover/dog hammock just arrived. We don't own a dog. ?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,214 Posts
5541 - 5560 of 6002 Posts