Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5501 - 5516 of 5516 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Desert Khaki | Sparco Terra's | Yokohama G015's | Sports Mesh Grill
45 Posts
Something must have changed with the 2018 refresh, @AstroKats. @Koissu and I are rocking the previous gen, which is why I think his should work :)

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,295 Posts
Actually, my install was on a Hyundai Elantra, so different animal. I think it's a great idea to upgrade the previous gen to AA/CarPlay. The '18 was more than just a refresh though, it was a big change to the new (now not so new) global platform. I don't recall if anyone has swapped out the new HU but I imagine there are a lot more issues.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
880 Posts
View attachment 298300
I added a tree to the roof. First time ever tying something to a roof. White knuckles and the side mirrors aimed towards the roof the whole way home:ROFLMAO:

If you don't have the crossbars, might I suggest keeping a scrap of carpet in the back of the car? Lay the carpet upside down on the roof to protect the paint.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,295 Posts
If you don't have the crossbars, might I suggest keeping a scrap of carpet in the back of the car? Lay the carpet upside down on the roof to protect the paint.
We have an ancient blanket that gets used once a year, to transport a tree... 😸

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
61 Posts
Thought about it, it being on top of the roof (and the actual nail in the coffin was me forgetting to bring a blanket for the hell of it) I wasn't too worried about it this one time lol

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
880 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Limited
8 Posts
Added a "BRE🌲THE" decal to the window and a rock and roll domokun decal by the plate. Also added the Breakfast Club/Dune Fremen mash-up, ghost in the shell, dune sea moisture farmer's association, and bigfoot saw me stickers to the back of the car. Added the Arrakis Spice Company decal to the driver's side. The Star Wars planet stickers were already on the passenger side, but I hadn't shown a photo of them here before.

I think I'm pretty much finished decorating the car now (except for adding some Rally Armor mudflaps that I've already purchased but not yet installed). I'm not planning on adding more decals/stickers at this point, except for when I travel somewhere cool and pick up a national park sticker or something like that. Generally, the look that I wanted is complete.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Last week I got rid of the old, just for show, aftermarket tow hooks that were anodized aluminum and liable to snap if not a straight pull with a tow strap (with possibly devastating effects as a chunk of metal went flying on a rope!). Instead I bought another hardened steel Subaru tow hook, had the two of them powder coated for $60 plus a few washers, and then installed them with steel shackles with a 17,000lb working load limit each. I'm happy with the results fore and aft, but recognize that since it's in the off-centre factory hook position it will lead to an angled pull.

Cheers,
phaetn

·
Registered
41 Posts
Last week I received my order from Discount Tire Direct of Method MR-502 Spec 2 wheels and BFG KO/2 All Terrain tires (215/75-15) and had them installed the next day.

I'm very happy with the copper colour that I picked. The beefy tread made an immediate difference to grip in snowy conditions. The ride on the highway is not loud but have noticed that cornering and braking are slightly spongier -- which is no surprise given the extra amount of tire profile/sidewall. I know that I'm giving up a little power given the extra rotational mass, but I'm okay with that.

Overall very content!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh yes, I forgot to mention. A few weeks ago I put on a Nameless Performance 5" muffler replacement. Great sound! I might add a black stainless tip so it protudes out from under the bumper, but we'll see. I think that's it for mods for the next while. :)

Cheers,
phaetn

·
Registered
41 Posts
So I was presently surprised when the DC Sports EX-1012B Black Stainless Steel Bolt-On Exhaust Tip that I ordered off Amazon arrived yesterday, earlier than expected. I decided not to bolt it on as sometimes they can fall off as the exhaust expands and contracts with heat, but have it tack welded at a muffler shop. $20 cash handed to the tech did the trick. :)

It's matte black and I think it goes well with the car. It protrudes just enough to come out under the plastic bumper cover and with a 3-3/4" outlet looks nice and sporty.

The sound is not much changed, but maybe there's a tendency for the exhuast to burble a bit more -- maybe it's just that the sound echoes off the ground more now. Not sure, but I'm happy either way. :)

Cheers,
phaetn

5501 - 5516 of 5516 Posts