Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

5481 - 5500 of 5936 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Meant B6, not B8 Sorry about that. Don't think the B8 exists.

What would be the difference between the two if I was lifting it?
That makes sense. From my limited research they are very similar, the major difference being length. The B8 is slightly shorted as it is design to be used with lowering springs.

I really hope they release these for the 2nd gen soon!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Had 215/70r16 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires put on yesterday morning. Just in time to drive in a heavy down pour on the highway and city streets. First impressions are very good at resisting hydroplaning, and grip around fast cornering. I deviated from my favorite tire brand (Nokian), because the meaty side profile of the Falken is just to hot to resist.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,066 Posts

Picked up roadside furniture today to attempt refinishing.

·
Registered
2019 Limited
10 Posts
Added these Hyperdrive badges to the driver and passenger sides. Added more decals to the rear. The Star Wars rebellion emblem ended up being a little off-vertical, so I might peel it off the glass and replace with a new one at some point in the future, maybe. I'm pretty happy with placement on the rest of the stickers/decals so far. In case anybody's wondering, the decal in Elvish at the top of the window says, "Not all who wander are lost."

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,712 Posts
LMAO at this one:

Reactions: Subisubidoo

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,688 Posts
Added a couple things:

I hate wiring.

Best of Luck,

Mike
Switch for on/off power to the new outlets? Very clean looking install!

How did you run the wires for the rear lights?

I went down the OEM rail mount, down the water channel into the hatch wiring weather tubing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just finished installing a Pioneer 1500NEX headunit into my 2017 Crosstrek. I picked it up off of Crutchfield and upgraded the Scosche SU2031B Dash Kit. All in all it really wasn't that bad of an install, took maybe 3 hours to remove the old unit and properly install the new one.

I did have Crutchfield do the wiring, which was totally worth it. That would have been a pain in the butt, I remember doing it as a kid on my old Mazda 626…and that was before these fancy internet units. Having CarPlay and Android Auto is going to be fantastic! Already such an improvement just sitting in the car and testing Siri with my iPhone.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about installing these units.

View attachment 290420
Did you retain the USB port in the console? It doesn't come with it and they said even if it did carplay wouldn't work.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Did you retain the USB port in the console? It doesn't come with it and they said even if it did carplay wouldn't work.
I recently installed a Pioneer in our other car and could not get the car's USB port to work, even with the custom harness from Crutchfield. I just ran a USB extension cable from the back of the HU and it works really well!

·
Registered
2017 Desert Khaki | Sparco Terra's | Yokohama G015's | Sports Mesh Grill
59 Posts
Yup the USB port in the center console works with my unit and install. Just so I'm clear, I plug my iPhone in with a Lightning to USB-A cable (which is plugged into the OEM port in the center console). Then the HU will open CarPlay by default.

If I remember correctly, I believe Crutchfield sent a USB adapter for the back of the HU that you plug into the OEM "USB" cable. I think this was the one, https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120SUBUSB2/Metra-AX-SUBUSB2-USB-Adapter.html @Koissu

·
Registered
160 Posts
Switch for on/off power to the new outlets? Very clean looking install!

How did you run the wires for the rear lights?

I went down the OEM rail mount, down the water channel into the hatch wiring weather tubing.
Thanks Man! Sounds like we did pretty similar wiring- I tucked in under the rear cargo door then after securing to the door itself, cut a slit and tucked inside the factory harness. It pops out right at the seat belt upper bolt under the interior trim and routes down behind the new 12v/USB panel then the pair run immediately out through the grommet to right of spare tire towards bumper. Snakes across to driver side then up to engine bay from there. The 10 ga home depot wire was a real bear to work with, I'll have to remember never to buy that again but I was in a pinch and crunched for time so had to make due with what I had available. Oh well it's in and done and working well so that's all that matters. :)

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yup the USB port in the center console works with my unit and install. Just so I'm clear, I plug my iPhone in with a Lightning to USB-A cable (which is plugged into the OEM port in the center console). Then the HU will open CarPlay by default.

If I remember correctly, I believe Crutchfield sent a USB adapter for the back of the HU that you plug into the OEM "USB" cable. I think this was the one, https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120SUBUSB2/Metra-AX-SUBUSB2-USB-Adapter.html @Koissu
Interesting. I was chatting with one of them and they said it wasn't possible and there wasn't a cable. That one says it won't fit a 2016 Crosstrek but who knows. Autoharness House has it so I will probably just get it from them.

·
Registered
2017 Desert Khaki | Sparco Terra's | Yokohama G015's | Sports Mesh Grill
59 Posts
Interesting. I was chatting with one of them and they said it wasn't possible and there wasn't a cable. That one says it won't fit a 2016 Crosstrek but who knows. Autoharness House has it so I will probably just get it from them.
That is strange. I have a 17’ and honestly everything just worked. USB, AUX, steering controls, back up camera…is there anything else? Haha. Let me message you with a screenshot of what I had ordered.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Finally settled on a permanent solution to my winch solenoid issue. This has been driving me insane. I hate loose wires and the solenoid is odd size/shape. Wasn't happy with a plate bracket from strut tower as it just looked out of place. Several attempts and locations later this is what I settled on and where it will stay.

And it works!

This allows the winch to only draw power when I have the solenoid "on". It's powered off the Spod Bantam unit with touch screen on the dash. So glad to finally have that part nailed down, it's been driving me insane coming up with a permanent solid location for it. Glad it's over with now. :)

Best of luck,

Mike

·
Registered
495 Posts
Today receive 3 recall notice, brake hose, pcv valve and coil ecu program issue, so need to back to dealer and take out my aem intake. Really appreciate the silence and low-mid rpm torque, still monitor on fuel consumption change though

·
Registered
8,712 Posts

That is strange. I have a 17’ and honestly everything just worked. USB, AUX, steering controls, back up camera…is there anything else? Haha. Let me message you with a screenshot of what I had ordered.
One of the reasons I bought the more expensive Crutchfield harness with the USB support was to be able to use the in dash USB port in out older car but I could not get it to work. AA would work fine with an USB extension plugged into the back of the HU but not via the dash port - it would charge the phone but not launch AA. Crutchfield support agreed it doesn't always work, so I just routed the extension cable behind the dash and into the passenger footwell and am happy with that. The in dash USB is now a charge only, which is fine.

5481 - 5500 of 5936 Posts