Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,174 Posts
@Cutlass since you finished the back to black treatment, I know a number of the spray on ceramic coatings will help protect the trim from fading (UV protection). Not sure if you already had a plan to keep it from fading again, but figured I would reach out. I use Hydrosilex recharge and it's great on trim and glass.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm not familiar with them, no. Do you have a link to the product?

The Rewind is a degreaser and prep (think of it as a wax remover before applying new wax or a ceramic coating), then the Recharge is the ceramic coating. I use it on the entire car (glass, paint, plastic) and on the wheels to limit dust from sticking. I re-apply every 3-6 months or you can do it after every wash to maximize protection.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yeah, it can be done without having to remove the light (I did it on my Legacy in place), just a little soapy water so you can maneuver it around, light squeegee to remove any bubbles, then a blow dryer or heat gun to lightly heat up the adhesive to get the vinyl to adhere. Curious if anyone's done it on a Lagoon Blue Pearl hybrid because I was thinking about doing it to my hybrid and wasn't sure of the color combo with the paint plus the GT yellow lenses.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Nice. I'd be kinda interested in doing a test on mine because I'm about to do mine after 6 months (drove around 1,500 miles). Curious if the pH has changed in the oil and became more acidic. Any good third-party places out there where I can order a kit and then I can provide the sample when I change my oil next week? This way I can then get the change done and if I can extend the interval, I'll do that. My main concern is that even though the mileage is real low (even lower when you consider the hybrid being in EV a bunch), the engine runs at a higher rev than the standard crosstrek.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Changed my oil on Friday after 6 months between changes. Only about 1500 miles on the oil (even less considering it's a plug-in hybrid). Seems like a waste, but it's the time interval Subaru says to use.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I was hoping my kit would come in time, but it didn't. Decided to do the change anyway given the time and had the time available to do the change myself. It's so quick given the ride height and I've got race ramps to pull up on for extra working space.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm irked that they did that to my car too! It looks like there were factory JDM holes on mine, but then they went ahead and drilled holes for the damn dealer plate when I told them no stickers and no front plate (I live in PA). Now I have 4 damn holes in my front bumper. Debated on getting small caps from Home Depot and some factory paint for my color and painting them. Such BS.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Check out the pre-delivery inspection sticky. There's a bunch of stuff they are supposed to do, or not do that they ignore. Make sure your sill plugs are installed...
They left a ton of edge residue from the stupid shipping wraps they put on the paint. It took me forever with degreaser to get that crap off before I could ceramic my car. My old car had that crap on the wheels and it just wouldn't come off.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yeah, there's a site called bumperplugs.com. They have most of what you need for most colors. They didn't have Lagoon Blue for my Hybrid and if my dealer had another Lagoon Blue on the lot I'd say "You're swapping those bumpers while I wait, or I'm taking that other one home." Chances are I would have gotten the other one on the lot which likely had the moonroof package (mine doesn't have that package) and hopefully they would learn their lesson. The guy had the notes in my file and still screwed up. At least the salesman didn't even try to talk to me about the car's specs because he knew I did way more research than he.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
did the first oil/filter change, at 1570 miles no less, but six months were up so I went ahead. Checked all the fluids and tires too. Entered it on the Mysubaru site in the service section online. I hope to take some day trips in the next month or so as I really enjoy the car.
Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't entered anything into MySubaru for service since the first state inspection I had when I first bought my car in August 2019! Now I'm all updated in that system as well as my records in Google Sheets.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I got my car inspected back in the start of August and to date I've driven 928 miles in just over 4 months. Certainly on track here in PA to get an emissions exempt sticker for driving under 5,000 miles in a year.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Finished retrofitting my 2018 Crosstrek 6MT with a heated steering wheel from a Canadian Impreza today. Project that is 7 months in the making so really happy to finally have it finished for the winter season. Honestly the red stitching is not very noticeable and looks pretty OEM. And yes, I kept the shift paddles on there for kicks and giggles. Hoping my full DIY write-up for this will be done within the next couple of months. It will be in the DIY section.
The only thing I sort of miss about not going for the moonroof package in my 2019 hybrid. I'm sure I could find the wheel from another one at some point and do the swap.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just make sure you wait an entire year before doing the next emissions test. I had less than 5K on mine but since I had the inspection done 13 days short of a full year PA DoT wouldn't grant the waiver. Guess they worry I might drive 1200 miles in two weeks.
Yeah, I'll likely do that. I go at the start of the month so I'll just wait an extra day. I'm only at 1,200 miles since my last inspection in August 2020.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Has anyone installed the Ironman 4x4 America 2" suspension lift kit? Curious of thoughts between that and the ReadyLift spacer kit (or crawford spacer kit for that matter). I might just wait until down the road when I need to replace suspension parts to lift the car and even then I'm not sure if the hybrid is a bit different for lifting.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Installed Diode Dynamics Pro fog lights in the yellow, loving them but man are they bright. I was behind my wife and she said they were annoying. Also my son had the wheels on his Impreza Sport painted bronze. View attachment 303524
Are those the stock wheels for the Impreza Sport? If so, those are awesome! The Bronze paint job really sets it off as well!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My car was a little dusty from a few days out driving, so I cleaned all of my windows (inside and out), then used Griots Speed Shine on the paint to detail the car in between washes. Any worse and I would've used spray on car wash since it's pretty cold outside.

Setting up an order for some Adam's Iron Remover and Griots Boss correcting cream to do a full on detail and ceramic coat again come March/April. Best part about working from home full time is I can do the full detail over the course of a week!

1 - 20 of 176 Posts