Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Wasn't today but Friday, I had my 2 front windows tinted to match the safety glass in the back, and had them installed the hella horns I got from Subiemods. They can't really be seen in the grill as Subiemods don't have a bracket yet for the 2019. Haven't been able to use it while driving yet but from just locking the car, I love the fact I changed them out from that wimpy stock one lol.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also replaced the stock air filter for a K&N one.

· Registered
54 Posts
I wasted quite a bit of money on K&N on previous cars. If there were any performance benefits they were not discernable. If they allow more air thru then they are letting more contaminates thru. I did not like cleaning and re-oiling them for fear of too much oil coating the MAF. It never hurts to try it out for yourself. :wink:
To be honest, I probably have as well over the years between them, AEM and Injen lol. I guess I started doing it when I was young with cars and I kinda never broke the habit.

· Registered
54 Posts
I totally get you being an OEM guy and yes I know Subaru must pay engineers a lot of money to make designs, but so do these large aftermarket companies. My grandfather was a mechanic who also had the mantra of "if that's the way it comes, that's the way it is." Most people consider 2% negligible when it comes to being better than something, but no matter what, it's STILL 2% better than what was originally designed. Some may even see it as a way to make it different and their own ie. I used KN, you use OEM and he uses AEM...at the end of the day, we're all car guys (and girls).

· Registered
54 Posts
Ordered some goodies today: Hikari led lights for the low/high beams and fogs; rally armor mudflaps and the badge of ownership. Also added a thin blue line flag (which I'm going to have to move to the window when I get the badge of ownership) above the Subaru on the back. For the badge, I put down first Subaru even though I drove my mom's 2 Subie's growing up (she had a 2002 Outback till her 2017 Impreza hatch). And now...I wait lol

· Registered
54 Posts
Just got my RallyArmor mudflaps today. Don't think I'll be able to get them on tomorrow for two reasons: 1. It's the Holy Day and 2. I have practice (I play on a national paintball team). Went with the black and the blue because I represent my family even if I'm no longer apart of it. Can't wait to get these on.

· Registered
54 Posts
Replaced the headlights with new led bulbs from ALLA. They were recommended by a few people so I figured I’d try them out. Just waiting for darkness to settle so I can actually see how bright they are. Other than that, I pack the car up and I am heading south (at least from me) for the weekend for a big paintball tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
54 Posts
Battery died yesterday. It was the original from when I got it in 2019. Went and immediately got the Odyssey battery and threw it in there. While I was getting that, I picked up stuff for an oil change which I'll probably do tomorrow overnight while I'm bored at work lol

· Registered
54 Posts
Had to get an inspection today and I officially paid it off as of yesterday.

Side note...thanks to Covid, my mileage doubled and put me well over what I was supposed to be. laughs then gets sad in first responder But I will say one thing, I LOVED no traffic anywhere at any time.

· Registered
54 Posts
I'll have to look into that. I'm not aware of any. That said... I've often thought that would be a great business to have. A half dozen detailing bays that a person can rent by the hour and actually hand wash their car, etc. And if it just broke even that would be fine by me.
Living here in NYC...I know a lot of guys would love that or even if they had one of those "rent a garage bay" to work on your car since space is always limited around here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts