Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 5515 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread that appears on a number of Subaru forums I frequent, so might as well start one here.

Tell us what you did to your Subaru today, could be simple, could be some modifications, could be .....

Washed and waxed mine.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Those hitch locks are so wourth it I got one on mine

Well yesterday I washed and waxed both my XV and RS
Today we drove them down to Wollongong

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Sure my wife has one too there called a light bar
Here is mine ( mine is called a unibar)

I had big spotties on them on my old FOZ

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Today I fitted
1- front chrome fog light surrounds

2- rear chrome deflector surrounds

3- front under Scuff guard

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took a corner waaaay too fast*** and brought up the low oil warning. (I think they were related:).) Then the VDC warning came up. Put 1 litre of full synthetic oil and all was back to normal. (It was kind of low - near the bottom of the stick...)
Another characteristic of the boxer design, microscopic amounts of oil left in the cylinders due to the flat/horizontal cylinder arrangement, burn off on start-up (not even noticeable to the eye), but it does add up, so check your oil regularly (I have a ritual on checking the oil (and overview of the engine comparment, fluid, dirt accumulation, etc., every Saturday morning or before a long road-trip) Subaru has a very high allowable oil consumption rate when regarding warranty coverage and concerns and it seems to vary in the different markets.

***BTW, the G95 tyres on the XVs are pretty good. Much better than the same tyre on my old Outback. Did they change the compound? Or is it the geometry of the XV suspension? They don't squeal at all on the XV either.
I had my tires squeal already :) 90 kph taking a corner. VDC lit up saving this driver. Hehehe
No wonder why they have the nickname - Geosquealers
Its just a couple of idiosyncrasies of owning a Subaru. But check your oil regularly.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would that be more because Subarus are usually turbocharged? And turbo motors eat engine oil.
Nope non aspirated (NA) are affected as well, but good point the turbo's will burn oil too. Keep in mind this is not excessive that would indicate a problem unless you were getting visible blue smoke on start up till it warms up.

Now back to our regularly themed thread; "What did you do to your Subaru today???"

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi Doug, did you mean "Normally Aspirated" ;)

Sorry, nothing significant to contribute, but I did hug her today for all the pleasure she provides everytime I drive. ;)

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
For you's hard corning drivers you should invest in one of these from Padpop
Only 75 bucks and make for hard cornering
A Strut Tower Brace I just bought one

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I have never checked my oil level in any of my 6 Subarus ( one turbo)
They get a service twist a year and my levels never get low
I might be how hard u drive then or how much
I never check oil myself just twist a year with service

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Played with the Sat/Nav SDcard today.

Brought a same spec SDcard and copied the contents over and stuck it into the unit just to see what would happen. You guessed it the card did not load. Also noted that the original card comes up as something weird on my pc
Funky Card Crop.jpg
It is not asian language related as I have them installed on my pc's.

Also got my hands on someother IGO files and started swapping out .poi and .fbl files but again the unit has foiled my attempts. Unit started but no map data, also all the camera warning settings were gone.

Now all back to original files and all working as normal. Thats about it for today. :D

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Nar leave it on looks mean, me likey

Yesterday I installed my licence plate LED bulbs.

Today, I went to SuperCheap and picked an exhaust tip. The width of the exhaust pipe is 50mm/2". So I got a 50x75x150 exhaust tip which cost a grand sum of $16. Not sure if I'm totally in love with it but for $16 it was worth trying it out.

View attachment 658 View attachment 659 View attachment 660 View attachment 661 View attachment 662

Obviously I'll be taking it off if I decide to go for a bush bash:).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anybody had a go at changing the "fog lamp bulb" for a yellow one and or led replacement? Getting into the bulb on the current generation forrester was a bit of challenge. trekjxv

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I fitted my rear scuff guard today took all of 10 mins to fit lol awesome
Before

After

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Has anybody had a go at changing the "fog lamp bulb" for a yellow one and or led replacement? Getting into the bulb on the current generation forrester was a bit of challenge. trekjxv
Will likely be the same since the other models are a pita too. Better to just use something like Lamin-X (http://www.lamin-x.com/Automotive-Products-s/47.htm) which can also add a layer of protection and help from breaking from a stone impact.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
You're joking, right! You bought it? Wow. I hope you're keeping your XV:)

1 - 20 of 5515 Posts