Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Some of you may have seen us around Instagram, Facebook, or Reddit, but we are Tactical Tracks!

----

My name is Tanner and I an the company owner. I have personally owned a 2002 Subaru Forester and currently own a 2021 Crosstrek Sport. I have loved being in the Subaru community for the past ~3ish years, and it is one of my personal favorite communities I have ever been a part of. A little about me, I am 23, graduated from ASU with a degree in automotive/mechanical engineering, and currently work in Aerospace. I enjoy hiking, camping, offroading, and general tinkering.

-----

That being said, I have been able to hear complaints/comments/concerns, and have been able to think about them and what might solve said problem. One of the biggest things that has been voiced, has been about water bottles, specifically Hydroflasks, Nalgenes, and other larger diameter bottles. For our first product the goal was to create a non-drill holder that would allow a 3rd "cupholder" for anyone with an oversized bottle. I think this was my first mod to my Crosstrek, and is by far the one that I use the most.

The added bonus to our first product is that it uses T-slot. The use of T-slot adds the versatility of future product releases, or user-designed components. Trash-bag holders, purse hooks, radio mounts (both handheld and stationary) are all items that we have received requests about and are working towards in the coming weeks.

For the future, our products will be centered around drill-less design that can quickly be installed into your car for simple use.

------

To attach our T-slot, we machine High Density Poly-Ethylene into our designed brackets. Each car model is a different design, as each console has different mounting methods and opportunities. The 2018+ Models, as shown below, have a flange that wedges in-between the gap in the console trim. There is also an adhesive pad on the flat surface to prevent rattle and keeps it locked down. Those screws up top are only to keep the plastic pieces together. The bottom portion (not shown) is currently just an adhesive pad (3M) but we are moving towards a "claw" that grabs the bottom. This way, no permanent damage will come from mounting it in there. It has been proven in Arizona off-road testing, as well as a New York winter!

For the bottleholder design itself, Nylon strap is sewn together and mounted with "Tri-glide" plastic slides, such as what backpacks and bags use.

More designs are to follow. The first gen Crosstrek is coming within the week, we are just waiting to hear back from our product testers. Each model is tested for no less than a week before shipments start

We would love to hear product suggestions, so if you have any, go ahead and pop over to our suggestions sticky!

(Photo courtesy of @Burnt_Trekky on Instagram)

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I was in here shopping for a tracked vehicle kit for my Subaru 😂
These are cool too though.
I, too, wish I was producing tracks for vehicles! A little bit out of my budget currently though 😀

Thank you for the response!

How does it attach? What's the heat rating? If it uses adhesive, I'd be concerned that it would melt in the summer heat and leave a mess.
Thanks for the response. As listed, there is a flange that "wedges" in between the two trim pieces (2018+ models only), and a supporting adhesive pad. The adhesive is rated up to 250F and the HDPE is rated up to 220F. These are all higher ratings than what temps dashboards (black, under glass) see during Arizona summers, which is around 180F average. These are also out of direct sunlight and are not close to anything that magnifies it.

That being said, if you personally do not want the adhesive pad on there, it is optional. The flange itself is more than enough to hold it in place.

I do not have a photo with me on hand that shows the profile of the flange, but will edit the post and get one uploaded tonight.

Thanks!

-Tanner, on behalf of Tactical Tracks

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Metallic Grey
27 Posts
I am most definitely interested in this mounting concept, for the purpose of holding a "kleenex" box in that position. I drive my mother places a LOT, and she has sinus issues which require use of a lot of tissues.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That’s really cool, I need one! Got a discount code?
Sure! Discount of "earlybird5" for $5 off

Thanks!

I like the looks of that.
Thank you for the kind words!

I would be interested to see how the set up attaches without using adhesive.
Sure! I am working on a discussion posts/sticky for install and adjustment instructions. Should be posting it in a few days.

Thanks!

-Tanner
I am most definitely interested in this mounting concept, for the purpose of holding a "kleenex" box in that position. I drive my mother places a LOT, and she has sinus issues which require use of a lot of tissues.
Makes sense to me! I know I had one customer buy one for wipes a while ago for his Uber/Lyft service, but these cone in round containers. I haven't put much effort to look into round container tissues.

-Tanner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts