Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

361 - 380 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Here's a few pictures of the Submaru all cleaned up.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
How to completely trash a perfectly good Subaru CVT episode #48:

After leaving the CVT to drain overnight, I took my air gun on my shop air deep into the transmission and blew out another half a quart.

Refilled it with 5 quarts to full, drove it about 10 miles, during which time it worked perfectly. Time and miles will tell if the CVT is damaged.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,885 Posts
Have you kept a tally of what you've had to spend on it, and the number of hours? Just curious.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Heh... The total that I posted a while back, plus $140 to register with custom plate, $50ish in CVT fluid, not really much more.

As far as hours, no. This was never my concern. I'm not a professional mechanic and don't monetize my time for hobby work, which is what this is.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
It's on the road, which I consider the end of the repair tally.

I do still have to replace the airbag module and program the key fob to work for keyless entry. Does anyone know how to program a key fob in and correct the TPMS without involving a dealer?

I will keep this thread updated on that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #366 (Edited)
I discovered last week that my air conditioning on the Submaru wasn't working. Well, I discovered today that when I hooked the airbag module back up, the AC started working again!

If you read further back in this thread you'll see that the car dings constantly, thinking that there's someone in the passenger seat without their seatbelt on whenever the airbag module is connected.

So my choice is AC with dinging, or no AC with silence.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #368 (Edited)
Yes, as long as the airbag module is in, it's unavoidable. Tried different seat and seat module and unplugged seat. It always dinged unless I unplugged the airbag module.

Edit: yes, to answer your question, with the seat belt buckled.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,885 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
LOL. Brilliant!!! I love it too. Will you be getting Submaru a snorkel too ?
No, I hope that a snorkel won't ever be necessary, so I will pass on it,

I will, however, be in the market for a bull bar and some lights. Those, I believe are necessary.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #374

Not sure if I posted this earlier, but just completed the hook up of my new tablet radio.

Attachments

Reactions: orndog

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
The Submaru just died as I was approaching my exit from the highway. Luckily, I got a ride to an appointment and now I'm going back to figure out what's wrong.

The symptom is that the fuel guage went from half a tank to absolutely no ticks under the E and F. It cranks and sputters but won't run.

I'm thinking maybe the fuel pump and fuel sensor are on the same fuse?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #376

All fuses, that I could check, check good.

Also, no (new) fault codes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #379
My Alfasud was like that. "You have plenty fuel. Oh you don't? Mi dispiace molto." 🐨
I believe that I may have made the critical error of not turning off the engine while filling it with gas. I will probably keep an eye on miles on each tank for a while just to make sure that it's not something else.

361 - 380 of 397 Posts