Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh wow OK now we're talking- I have the Axon 55S waiting to go on but since the global platform change, nobody has had anything out that fits and I've been trying to find time to build my own. I better give them a call, this will make things SO much more simple....
-edit boy my google-foo is lacking. not finding anything on this yet so I shot a friend at Warn a note. Do you have any other pics or info on this by chance?

Best of luck,

Mike

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
19 Posts
That is cool.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey guys! So as a 2018 Crosstrek owner myself I think some of you will be pretty excited about this. Warn Industries just released a semi-hidden winch mount for 2018-2019 Crosstreks. I've only seen it available from one website so far. I believe part number is going to be 106221 View attachment 297948
Thanks for posting this! As nobody makes anything yet for the global platform 2018+ (until now), I've been struggling to find time to fab my own. This was literally just announced and will be unveiled at SEMA next week. Thanks to your post, I don't have to worry anymore about finding time to fab something- mine will be shipped next week. Should have it by end of week and hope to install next weekend if all goes well. :)

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here is a link to the Grill Guard:

wish they made this for first gen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for posting this! As nobody makes anything yet for the global platform 2018+ (until now), I've been struggling to find time to fab my own. This was literally just announced and will be unveiled at SEMA next week. Thanks to your post, I don't have to worry anymore about finding time to fab something- mine will be shipped next week. Should have it by end of week and hope to install next weekend if all goes well. :)

Best of Luck,

Mike
Glad to help Mike. I handle sales and marketing for an overlanding company in Colorado and my boss told me he got an email from Warn about it. I was stoked as I own a crosstrek and I know owners are looking for legit mods. My co-worker and the boss are headed to SEMA while i hold down the fort :( Warn has it up on their website now. Post pics when you get yours installed

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like we're in very similar situation with work. When I shot my buddy a note he was shocked something was up that fast. Vivid is always quick about new products listed. At that time, Warn didn't even have it listed as they're showing it off at SEMA. It's up now but what's interesting is price shown on the tube bar but the mount itself only shows "dealer availability". Probably limited stock availability this early I'd guess but who knows. When Anne called Friday, she said it would ship early this week as it was too late Friday to make the truck. I've made a lot of calls to a lot of folks about a winch mount for the 2019 Crosstrek and nobody has anything available yet and by sounds of things, not for a while anyway til they've had time to work on the 2020 Outback global platforms, then expand out from there. I could build one yes, but it's my wife's daily driver. Me taking time to fab something would mean tearing front end apart and mocking something up, welding, paint/powder then install and finally back together. This would take at least a week with work schedule, likely longer and wife would be very upset with a car in pieces til I got it done. This is a huge help for me. I'm not a fan of the look of the aftermarket bumpers nor do I like the weight. This is perfect and very similar to what I had envisioned building or at least along similar lines. What's even more exciting is for Warn to build this- industry folks are paying attention as the Crosstrek is gaining in popularity. It will be interesting in next year or so what else comes available for this platform. These are very cool cars. The wife loved her Outback but for me it just did the job it needed to do. I have to admit, I really like and am really impressed with her little Crosstrek. It is an Awesome little car and very impressive with what it is capable of. I've been holding off on a build thread til the winch is installed. I will get pics and vid once that's done. Only trouble now is with the bar- I'm now going to need to add a couple more lights so it doesn't look out of place... Ugh... hahah! :)

Thanks again and Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,492 Posts
Here is a link to the Grill Guard:

wish they made this for first gen.
Actually I think thats for JUST the tube across the top....

This is the bumper section of it..

·
Registered
90 Posts
It has arrived! Whooohoooo! :D

They put some thought into this. I've had the Axon 55S sitting here for couple months now waiting to come up with a way to mount it. This mount was built/designed with this winch size profile in mind so it has mount locations for winch, remote hookup, etc. with cutouts for wiring ease. Also has a hole to relocate the factory temp sensor from the plastic which will be relocated to the new Warn mount. License plate holes to mount the plate for states that require it. Full through style recovery points fully welded in/out. Clean bends and nice welds with good powder coat, it's a Solid piece, nicely designed and well thought out. Knowing what goes into these, it's excellent quality for the price, I'm surprised it doesn't cost more. This is the most exciting thing I've done on the car yet- can't wait for Saturday!!! Now if I can just get some lights here by then... If they do not arrive in time, it appears the upper tube can be installed at any time and will not require install to the mount prior to bolting on the car. Looking through instructions I should be able to add the bar at any time and have access to bolt/nut locations without having to remove the mount from the car. Saturday won't get here soon enough, I can't wait to get this thing on the car!

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
1,821 Posts
Hmmm, this is the first front bumper mod I have seen that actually looks decent. I would be interested in exactly how much approach angle is gained. How many inches is it raised.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the design without removing the front bumper and keeping the fog lights. I mainly wanted the look not really going to off-road LOL. I am waiting to see someone post some review and real life pictures.
Want to know more about
1 - hows the installation and mounting points?
2 - how durable?
3 - how do they look without the lights?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Where are you seeing a price? Never mind, found the link. And yeah, the price! Hell yeah. I dunno if you saw me complain about the crappy tube bumper that was advertised here for 700 bucks or whatever. . . This is a proper deal.
I think the price is $750 from a retailer. don't know does that include the skip plate or anything else. their official website is confusing on this product. no installation pdf or anything... there are 2 items on the web

·
Registered
270 Posts
Love it. Pair that with a bumper cut like this.

If I was going to drop $800+ on a front guard.. I would just do the whole bumper at that point. This guy made front and rear bumpers for the first Gen Crosstreks, he's now working on the 2018+.

http://instagr.am/p/B1rFajCgn7h/
The 2nd gen rear with the spare swing he just posted is beautiful.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the design without removing the front bumper and keeping the fog lights. I mainly wanted the look not really going to off-road LOL. I am waiting to see someone post some review and real life pictures.
Want to know more about
1 - hows the installation and mounting points?
2 - how durable?
3 - how do they look without the lights?
I will try to get pics today if I can remember. I get busy with the install and forget about the camera entirely so it makes it tough. This is a two part setup that was just announced at SEMA earlier this week so there's not a lot of info out on it yet. It was a joint build between Rallitek and Warn. Pricing listed is retail/MSRP. You purchase the mount itself which can be run on it's own, or you purchase the optional bar with the mount. There is no skid plate involved, this is bar and mount/bumper. The bar is nothing more than the upper guard which will support your lights. The real work is in the mount/bumper itself. You'll remove your front bumper fascia then remove the bumperette thing behind that. 4 bolts on each side of the main beam. The Warn mount will replace that entirely. It's made from mix of metals 1/8" and thicker and the way it's bent and welded, is super strong. It was built to work and built to last, no worry of durability here. I will try and remember to get pics of mount only without the lights. The new Baja Designs lights arrived yesterday but I forgot entirely about getting new winch wiring supplies as I want to run the winch with a hot control off the Spod which will require separate solenoid. I didn't have time to get the bits and pieces I'll need to wire everything up proper. Worst comes to worst I may not be able to fully wire everything til next week we'll see how far I get today and what else I may have forgot. I will try and get some pictures for you of everything and how it goes.

Best of Luck,

Mike

1 - 20 of 34 Posts