Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,463 Posts
It's a logical-enough article, though the title is a little click-baity. Basically, it just says that warming up your car for too long is bad for the planet and for your fuel consumption ... but it's not really bad for the car, and that's in line with what we've talked about here before.

Another below-zero morning here, and when I get the nerve to go out I'll probably use the remote start to git the car going about 5 minutes before I head out, just to get the process started ... but running it for 20 minutes would be a little pointless, since I'm going to get cold going outside anyway!

·
Administrator
5,463 Posts
Fancy!

My old firm had a contract with the NDDOT, so I spent a lot of winter nights in your state. Some of those early winter mornings were brutal, though maybe not quite as bad as Minnesota or Wisconsin ...

·
Administrator
5,463 Posts
Raleigh must have been binge-watching Ted Lasso again last night ... :sneaky:

But yeah, I'm not sure where that site lands on the spectrum of clickbait vs. journalism ... by Internet standards, their stuff is pretty well-written, but it's definitely not groundbreaking info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.