Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Leds arrived. Took about a half hour to get them in. Perfect. Bright yellow for 20 bucks.

JDM ASTAR 2400 Lumens Extremely Bright PX Chips H11 H8 H16 LED Fog Light Bulbs for DRL or Fog Lights, Golden Yellow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R7CF9TH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_CuhYDbA7KYV37
I got a set of these a couple-three weeks ago, put 'em in. Meh, they ain't all that. Didn't increase visibility much, factory whites were more luminy. Don't get a lot of fog out here in Subarado, so a proper fog light test has not been performed. But the new bulbs are all ambery, so I got +kewl factor and can now go faster.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Had some fog and the yellows did the trick. The factory white fogs actually looked underpowered when on. The yellows do a nice job. I see there’s some yellow full assemblies I might give a try. Not only are they kewl looking...they work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was considering overlays but went with leds. Custom cut overlays are pretty cheap and they’ll help keep the damage down from stray pebbles.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was considering overlays but went with leds. Custom cut overlays are pretty cheap and they’ll help keep the damage down from stray pebbles.
you could still add overlays but it is good to get away from the stock bulbs which are old school and a single bulb cost me almost 30 bucks at the dealership

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
you could still add overlays but it is good to get away from the stock bulbs which are old school and a single bulb cost me almost 30 bucks at the dealership
Did you just put the overlays on with the lights in place or did you remove the assembly? Just wondering. With the interdependence of the CAN bus any minor change in bulbs can screw up things. So overlays are definitely safer. With the LED changes I’ve made, things are working fine. License plate, cargo, fogs doing good.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Did you just put the overlays on with the lights in place or did you remove the assembly? Just wondering. With the interdependence of the CAN bus any minor change in bulbs can screw up things. So overlays are definitely safer. With the LED changes I’ve made, things are working fine. License plate, cargo, fogs doing good.
I removed the bezels of the lights. there's a video somewhere showing the hard way to remove the bezels . the easy way I found was reaching through a hole on each side and unclipping the bezel. seriously it was a simple job, taking maybe 10-minutes total.

I would never mess with my headlights but I have changed a few bulbs. cargo space bulb swap is a must and the other big one is back up lights. i'm a photographer and in the spring and summer I shoot astro in dark, offroad places, I can't tell you how great LED back-up lights are. huge upgrade

21 - 30 of 30 Posts