Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a buzz or vibe in the gas pedal and not sure what it might be? Some days worse than others but its something that developed around the 6k mile mark

Any ideas? Motor mount? Exhaust vibe?

Prior to this the pedal was pretty quiet to any road feel or vibe

Just me or anyone else?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Possibly the motor mounts. Also unbalanced wheels or an ABS issue (?). Sounds like something been transferred from some other part of the car, since the gas pedal is not mechanically linked to the engine.

Does your steering wheel a/o brake pedal vibrate as well?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really...steering wheel seems fine and the brake pedal now and then will have a vibe but not a shudder like a rotor issue would indicate.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
They redesign the front mounting bolts for securing the front cross member. To eliminate the vibration. STRUCTURE:BODY
TSB #TSB-05-57-14
NHTSA ID #10055443
Date Announced:
FEBRUARY 20 2014
Additional Info:
How to Fix
Summary: SUBARU: A CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE TO THE MOUNTING BOLTS USED FOR SECURING THE FRONT CROSS MEMBER TO THE VEHICLE BODY. THE THICKNESS OF THE FLANGE AT THE BASE OF THE BOLT'S HEX HAS INCREASED TO 5MM. ALSO INCLUDED SUBARU STI/BRZ MODEL YEAR 2014.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I've noticed a buzz or vibe in the gas pedal and not sure what it might be? Some days worse than others but its something that developed around the 6k mile mark

Any ideas? Motor mount? Exhaust vibe?

Prior to this the pedal was pretty quiet to any road feel or vibe

Just me or anyone else?

Even thou others swear their car don't have a slight vibration in the foot well, they all do. I drove 3 other dealer Crosstreks and my own and they all vibrate "slightly".
Some people don't feel it, others are annoyed by it. Subaru techs say it feels like a Crosstrek . (To me that's the Sargent Shultz "I know NOTHING" response)

·
Registered
179 Posts
They redesign the front mounting bolts for securing the front cross member. To eliminate the vibration. STRUCTURE:BODY
TSB #TSB-05-57-14
NHTSA ID #10055443
Date Announced:
FEBRUARY 20 2014
Additional Info:
How to Fix
Summary: SUBARU: A CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE TO THE MOUNTING BOLTS USED FOR SECURING THE FRONT CROSS MEMBER TO THE VEHICLE BODY. THE THICKNESS OF THE FLANGE AT THE BASE OF THE BOLT'S HEX HAS INCREASED TO 5MM. ALSO INCLUDED SUBARU STI/BRZ MODEL YEAR 2014.
Thank you for this response. I have noticed a slight vibration in the footwell of my Crosstrek, more of a rough, gravel-like feeling, in the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal. Symptoms have progressively gotten worse over the last few months. This TSB gives me something to go on when I schedule an appointment.

Reactions: billybob

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Thank you for this response. I have noticed a slight vibration in the footwell of my Crosstrek, more of a rough, gravel-like feeling, in the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal. Symptoms have progressively gotten worse over the last few months. This TSB gives me something to go on when I schedule an appointment.
Check your cars vin number before you go to the dealer. Build dates after Oct 2013 have the new bolts.
TSBp1.jpg TSBp2.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't mean to bump an old thread, but I am feeling this in my 2016 Premium and was wondering if anyone had this issue solved and it was something other than that TSB. Clearly being a 2016, that TSB would not apply to my car.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Don't mean to bump an old thread, but I am feeling this in my 2016 Premium and was wondering if anyone had this issue solved and it was something other than that TSB. Clearly being a 2016, that TSB would not apply to my car.
I gave up, the dealer techs never feel it, say it feels like a Crosstrek. I checked everything 5X over, it's the design. Just two annoyances (the dealer network and vibrations) that are pushing me away from the Subaru brand for my next car.

·
Registered
821 Posts
While I get what you're saying, it's odd to me to consider a car that can brush $30k as an economy car. I'm not disagreeing with you, merely stating my paradigm shift after reading that comment.

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek
1,169 Posts
Over on NASIOC they call the WRX a 'tarted up economy box'. I love my lifted Impreza, but Subarus are very much engineers' cars. Never will they be as rattle free as Lexus. I love the quirks, and have since I first valet parked a Justy in the snow.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Over on NASIOC they call the WRX a 'tarted up economy box'. I love my lifted Impreza, but Subarus are very much engineers' cars. Never will they be as rattle free as Lexus. I love the quirks, and have since I first valet parked a Justy in the snow.
While I agree with the AWD engineering, compared to the previous (1983 and 2004) Subies I owned this one feels like a $25K Chinese knock off. Build quality is just not there anymore. BTW My 2014 Crosstrek Premium CVT was the same price as the 2004 Forester X 5MT, 10 years later so a lot had to be cut back to achieve that price. You get what you payed for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The thing I feel is weird is the Hyper Blue '16 I test drove I don't remember feeling like this, and I don't remember my Dark Gray driving like this at first either, so I suppose I could be just getting used to the car. I did just step out of an '05 Civic that had a serious vibration my Honda dealer couldn't track down so it could make some sense. I will talk to my dealer about it at my first service for the car but just like Honda said it's just a civic I feel I'm going to hear it's just a Crosstrek too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts