Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so there seems to be a vibration through the gas pedal at low rpms at around 20-25 mph. Almost like the CVT is overloaded....as soon as you get past those points it goes away. Anyone have ideas on this? Looked at everything I could think of but nothing seems wrong or out of place. Subaru just re flashed the tranny to try and fix....no help there though. Any help be much appreciated:whatdoyouthink:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Perhaps drive faster, ...and you will never have to worry about it. :D

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Just the gas pedal and nowhere else? I'm thinking front tire/wheel causing the vibration but that's more widespread than just the gas pedal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya that's what I was thinking as well but checked all out n they are balanced good. All have good wear patterns as well. Mabye a cv joint but idk. I have read a couple people having the same issue but I drove like 4 others on the lot n they don't do it. More annoying than anything

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Ball joint maybe. CV joint should be related to turning not speed. Try driving in manual mode at different "gear" to see if you can pin point the RPM/Speed/gear ratio. Not sure what that will tell us but it's another data point for someone smarter than me. Also, take your car to a wash and see if it improves. Dirt and gravel in the wrong spot can cause vibration like this.

Else, check the motor oil to see if it's discolored/low as a start to engine issue diagnostic. Engine shuddering could transfer vibration to gas pedal. Plenty of causes there but oil could tell you something if it's abnormal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx man

I just had it serviced but I will take it to the wash and clean the undercarriage well. N ya that makes more sense not sure what I was thinking with the CV.

Also Ill try out the manual mode to see what happens.

I do know I am covered for warranty if need be haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts