Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Premium 6MT
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realized my spare key is only a valet key. Tried it out and while it unlocks the drivers door it immediately sets off the alarm. Alarm stops when you start the car. Still, it's quite annoying.

Anyway to make it stop?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
808 Posts
As far as I know, with models equipped with push to start, you press the lock or unlock button on the keyfob. If your keyfob is dead you put it up against the start/stop button and it will turn off the alarm.

Models without push to start will probably be turned off when you put the key in to start it up as you said. It's a shame the blank key doesn't have a chip built-in like Honda or VW vehicles do.

·
Registered
2018 Premium 6MT
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know, with models equipped with push to start, you press the lock or unlock button on the keyfob. If your keyfob is dead you put it up against the start/stop button and it will turn off the alarm.

Models without push to start will probably be turned off when you put the key in to start it up as you said. It's a shame the blank key doesn't have a chip built-in like Honda or VW vehicles do.
I'm without push to start, so that seems to be the case. So it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts