Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I stuck a pole thru my wheels for deadlifting (due to covid-19). since the pole is smaller, the rims constantly wobbles and caves inward/outwards onto the pole, causing it to hit the pole. Will this damage the rims by "eroding" the contact area between rim and pole due to the pressure and constant hitting?

20200319_120957.jpg 20200319_120946.jpg 20200319_120310.jpg

Right now, i have some fabric in between the contact areas to minimize the pressure and contact points.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What pressures are you running? I'd drop down to 15psi if you are doing deadlifts on sand or mud, maybe 26psi if your standing on gravel and manufacturers recommending pressures if on concrete. Stay Safe !!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What pressures are you running? I'd drop down to 15psi if you are doing deadlifts on sand or mud, maybe 26psi if your standing on gravel and manufacturers recommending pressures if on concrete. Stay Safe !!
the tires were at 32-33 psi based on the door panel, but that was a couple months ago.

Nice, you should be ok. I would be surprised if a drop of 5ft would damage the wheel, maybe just scratches.
i'm too short so i can't do the full deadlift motion like when im at the gym haha, so i'm not too concerned with the drop damage.. most i can do with these wheel is like a half rep.

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek Limited
238 Posts

I stuck a pole thru my wheels for deadlifting (due to covid-19). since the pole is smaller, the rims constantly wobbles and caves inward/outwards onto the pole, causing it to hit the pole. Will this damage the rims by "eroding" the contact area between rim and pole due to the pressure and constant hitting?

View attachment 299400 View attachment 299399 View attachment 299401

Right now, i have some fabric in between the contact areas to minimize the pressure and contact points.
DUCT TAPE IS YOUR FRIEND

1 - 6 of 6 Posts