Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a new xv owner and have a problem. Hubby decided to change front & rear globes to led's because it had a front park light out anyway, but we must have used the wrong type and fuses were blown, multiple warning lights on dash and car is now in limp mode. Subaru error is Voltage Drop Throttle Actuator.
What does that mean & how do we fix it? The local subaru dealer/repairer has no idea what's happened or how to repair it. He has contacted Subaru Head Office for more wiring detail, in the hope of finding a solution. For the 3 days that I had the car, it was totally underpowered to drive, but there were no other issues.
Has anyone else had this problem? And how do we resolve it please? Its a 2014 2.0is XV. And we are located in Australia (Not sure if that makes any difference). Thank you

·
Registered
498 Posts
If there is no wiring change, the first step is to remove all the led bulbs first. Then on and off your engine for more than 3 times with some intervals to see if the engine check light cleared or otherwise clear DTC if you have obd2 adapter. Once it is cleared than you can try to put the bulb one by one to see which one create problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 1 bulb was put in & then removed and original put back in. Car was switched on & off multiple times & battery was disconnected for 20mins then battery reconnected. Still in limp mode. I would assume the local subaru dealership has obd2 adapter so would have tried to clear the error codes - but even they are having trouble working out this problem. I will check with them tomorrow.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts