Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
My mileage is normally great. It goes down substantially in the cold weather. I recently noticed a decline in warm weather and it turns out my wheel alignment was out. Fixed it and it's back to great mileage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had my CVT fixed due to some valve body solenoid issue, and noticed after getting my car back it's struggling to get over 22mpg mostly highway driving.

Tried swapping spark plugs and air filter, but still seems like it's getting poor mpg. Anything else I should try? Or is this just due to winter gas in Texas?

I am running Method wheels / AT Grabber tires, not sure if it matters, but in the past I tend to avg 23-24mpg with a heavy foot (which is already pretty poor).

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm curious to know how long it takes the CVT to get up to operating temperature for those with the ability, (Limited or ScanGuage). I would imagine operating temp could vary with ambient air. Anybody?

artosa

·
Registered
81 Posts
It has been hovering around -5 (Fahrenheit) for the past week here. It’s about to get much worse (-20 to -40 windchill) in the next few days. I’ve noticed that mileage is actually really bad before getting to operating temp. I don’t think it’s anything wrong with my vehicle, as when the blue cold engine light isn’t on, I can still get almost 30 highway mpg (calculated not exaggerated by computer) with defrost on. For city I get 18-22 mpg calculated when the blue light isn’t on and I have defrost on. But somehow when the blue cold engine light is on and the defrost is going, I get about 13-15 mpg. I think the negative effect of being under operational temperature for this engine is profound. I’ve noticed it takes almost ten minutes or running for the cold engine light to go off at the temperatures we have here.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts