Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a long drive yesterday, a new INFO icon showed up on my 2016 CrossTrek. It was there for about 5 minutes after I noticed it, anyway. I was just getting off the interstate and saw it at the exit stop light. I got a good look at it before it vanished on its own. I checked the manual but could not find anything. It was a car outline shape, with two waves next it, and a capital 'A' underneath, as near as I can remember. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks,
Frank

Attachments

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,657 Posts
Where did that JPG come from? I just did a reverse image search with Tineye and it found nothing. You're right, there's nothing in the manual like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to recreate the icon from what I remember by using a drawing program. Not very good, sorry. I did more searching and I think I found it - it is a malfunction in the BSD/RCTA system. It may be related to the fact that a few weeks ago I backed into a deck post and did some minor damage to the rear bumper. Duh. But this appears to be the system that checks for oncoming cars or cross traffic behind the car. I will see if it comes back. Thanks for the feedback though.
Frank

·
Registered
411 Posts
The approaching vehicle sensors are located below the tail lights behind the bumper cover. If you damaged one of the corners, the sensor could be affected.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,525 Posts
Yeah, those rear sensors have temporarily misbehaved for me a couple of times, when there was heavy mud or ice on the bumper. The car started screaming at me once when there was ice on the sensor, and it thought I was trying to kill it by backing right into something ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts