Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Crosstrek with black metallic paint. Noticed the indentation behind the door handles is all scratched and I don't have long finger nails. Vehicle only has 6,000 miles and not driven much. Hand washed it today and found lots of light scratches on hood with no reasonable explanation. Subaru has carbon fiber pieces that they will install ($150) behind the door handles. Obviously, this is a problem. Like floor mats, put that on there to begin with or make the opening to grab the handle bigger so that doesn't happen OR make the paint thicker with a good coating on it. Also found rubber gasket around bottom of windshield flapping in the breeze. I am so disappointed.i will be seeing my dealer soon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I already have over 25K on my 2021 CrossTrek bought in August of last year and they are all highway miles - knowing that, I had the entire front wrapped a week into getting the car and there's not any visible paint chips at all.

The wrap was a little pricey but, it looks perfect and I plan on keeping the car for a very long time - driving over 8hrs today in fact.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Most japanese cars paint is either thinnor soft, so one of a few things to do when I got my Subaru is to put ceramic coating and install STI door handle cup to minimize the scratch. It is not as bullet proof as clear bra but help to maintain the paint and car cleanliness way easier. No regret since the car will looks quite clean even after driving on wet roads, and if it raina heavily, the dirt will just wash itself.

·
Registered
2021 Base CVT Crosstrek
149 Posts
I go on the Corolla forums once in a while to see what people are bitching about in other cars I also consider to be good quality.

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
326 Posts
The SouthEast must be an incredibly gentle environment for cars. I have honestly never had an issue with car paint chipping except in cases where there was a very obvious (and usually startling) impact with road debris.

That said if you don't have covered parking the sun will beat the **** out of a paint job in short order.

Edit: LOL. It's entertaining that the forum redacted my curse word.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts