161 - 180 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Aha! Can you send a link to that post?

·
Registered
252 Posts
BTW - the brake hose recall is listed on the Subaru website as "Type: Customer Satisfaction" like the head update versus "Safety Recall" like the other two. Strange!

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,311 Posts
So, losing radio presets is a safety issue and having a brake pipe burst is a customer satisfaction issue? WTF?!

·
Registered
252 Posts
So, losing radio presets is a safety issue and having a brake pipe burst is a customer satisfaction issue? WTF?!
No head unit update is listed as "Type: Customer Satisfaction" as well as the brake hose. The PCV valve and the coil ones are listed as safety.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
No head unit update is listed as "Type: Customer Satisfaction" as well as the brake hose. The PCV valve and the coil ones are listed as safety.
My mistake, sorry. So, the brake hose may swell but they don't expect it to rupture? What if you're using snow chains?

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Talked to service, yet again. He said he checked with parts after talking to me earlier. They did have some of the newer ones but don't now, and may be able to get some in a couple of weeks. He put me on a waiting list. It seems the Internet knows more about this latest recall than the dealers...

·
Registered
155 Posts
My mistake, sorry. So, the brake hose may swell but they don't expect it to rupture? What if you're using snow chains?
Snow chains doesn't change anything. My guess is they discovered a low amount of expansion in some hoses which might cause a minor reduction in braking power, more like pulsing. Likely a hose manufacturing defect, unlikely to cause any significant issues.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Snow chains doesn't change anything. My guess is they discovered a low amount of expansion in some hoses which might cause a minor reduction in braking power, more like pulsing. Likely a hose manufacturing defect, unlikely to cause any significant issues.
I was just wondering if the hose would swell or move to the extent that it might get chafed by snow chains...

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited CVT
561 Posts
We have an '18 and a '19 in the family and the '19 also has three recalls so far. Four if you include the firmware update that, curiously, was only called a recall for the '18.
Our 2019 Crosstrek Limited , 3/19 production date, has only had one recall - the ignition coil. What were the other two on your 2019?

·
Registered
100 Posts
QUESTION: I'm curious as to this discrepancy. Thanks.

The MY SUBARU page lists only one completed recall. But, the SUBARU (main web site) for my VIN lists both completed recalls.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 11.46.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 11.46.59 PM.png

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited CVT
561 Posts
Same here, maybe. I had the ignition recall performed on Nov 4. When I plug in my VIN on the Subaru website it shows that recall completed. On the My Subaru website, it shows completed on the Service History page. However, on the "Recalls and Service Campaigns" page it states "There are currently no Recalls or Service Campaigns available for this vehicle".

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Just got the PCV and coil update done. Parts not available for the brake hose update.
I thought that was just a reprogram but the recall notice says: Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will update the ECM software and inspect and replace the ignition coil, as necessary, free of charge.

So maybe yours had some damage from the overheating?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I thought that was just a reprogram but the recall notice says: Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will update the ECM software and inspect and replace the ignition coil, as necessary, free of charge.

So maybe yours had some damage from the overheating?
I said the parts not available for the brake hose update. They completed the other two. All they did was update the firmware for the coil update

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Same here, maybe. I had the ignition recall performed on Nov 4. When I plug in my VIN on the Subaru website it shows that recall completed. On the My Subaru website, it shows completed on the Service History page. However, on the "Recalls and Service Campaigns" page it states "There are currently no Recalls or Service Campaigns available for this vehicle".
I just looked at all three sites for both of our cars and they are so out of whack. NHTSA doesn't have the brake hose recall yet, nor does MySubaru for either car. Plus MySubaru doesn't have the ignition coil recall for the '19 but it shows up on Subaru's site when I enter the VIN.

Subaru's recall page seems the most complete: https://www.subaru.com/vehicle-recalls.html/

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I said the parts not available for the brake hose update. They completed the other two. All they did was update the firmware for the coil update
TLDR 😸

Just kidding... sorry I missed that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wife just got home from having the radio and coil recalls performed by Classic Subaru. This is the first time it’s been back to the dealer since purchase in May of 2018. She was in and out with zero hassle in roughly thirty minutes. Well done Classic Subaru (and wife)!

·
Registered
6,311 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek
834 Posts
Wife just got home from having the radio and coil recalls performed by Classic Subaru. This is the first time it’s been back to the dealer since purchase in May of 2018. She was in and out with zero hassle in roughly thirty minutes. Well done Classic Subaru (and wife)!
Atlanta area?

161 - 180 of 231 Posts