Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,909 Posts
It didn't mention anything else. Since the re-programming of the ECU for the fuel pump issue this morning, my car has seemed really spry and responsive to the pedal. Maybe it's just a psychological thing on my part, but I wonder if maybe there were some other tweaks in the software that my car didn't have. Be it psychological or real, I've enjoyed driving the car this afternoon.
Wait, fuel pump? Did you mean ignition coil? These recalls are getting really confusing. We got hit with all four but now they're all done (brake hoses yesterday). I asked yesterday about the rumors of a suspension recall and they weren't aware of anything in the pipeline.

We got a scary-looking paper letter in the mail yesterday about the PCV valve and we had it done a month ago! This seems to be the most complete and reliable source: https://www.subaru.com/vehicle-recalls.html

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Wait, fuel pump? Did you mean ignition coil?
Meh. Fuel pump. Ignition coil. What's the difference? 🙂🙃 YES technically I meant ignition coil. On your super site I show only 3 recalls. It's indicated that the brake line issue wasn't a safety issue. I can't believe that they would say something like that if it weren't true. A false statement in that regard could be a corporation killer much like Takata.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
ok.. so many recalls lately; it is getting scary.
Not a big deal for us and we had all four for the '18. I'm glad they are taking care of things, even if it's inconvenient.

Our dealer is very close and they pay for Uber both ways. Worst case, we could walk (it's about 15 blocks). I get that it would be a different story if the nearest dealer was several hours away...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got the Engine Coil recall alert in the MySubaru app recently. I was ready for my 12,000 service anyway so I scheduled them together. They said they downloaded new software for the engine and that the rest was good. Later that day, guess who starts to lose power and have acceleration stutters? Gonna take it back ASAP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How easy would it be for a Subaru owner with a PCV valve recall to break the PCV valve to get a new engine? I read if it's broken-off and some is missing Subaru will replace the engine, assuming parts of the valve are in the engine.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
How easy would it be for a Subaru owner with a PCV valve recall to break the PCV valve to get a new engine? I read if it's broken-off and some is missing Subaru will replace the engine, assuming parts of the valve are in the engine.
Ummmm now that the whole world knows this!.....??? 🙄 If I were you I wouldn't try it.

·
Super Moderator
2013 XV Crosstrek, Tangerine Orange
3,401 Posts
Sounds really risky and really foolish ... and if anyone wants to discuss techniques for warranty fraud, they need to do it elsewhere.

·
Registered
266 Posts
PCV valve recall expanded to include:
2019 Subaru Forester SUVs manufactured from July 4, 2018, through March 21, 2019—33,383
2019 Subaru Ascent SUVs manufactured from Feb. 22, 2018, through Aug. 31, 2018—18,193
37 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-In Hybrid SUVs manufactured from Sept. 11, 2018, through Oct. 8, 2018

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
PCV valve recall expanded to include:
2019 Subaru Forester SUVs manufactured from July 4, 2018, through March 21, 2019—33,383
2019 Subaru Ascent SUVs manufactured from Feb. 22, 2018, through Aug. 31, 2018—18,193
37 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-In Hybrid SUVs manufactured from Sept. 11, 2018, through Oct. 8, 2018

Wow!

Astonishing that they weren't able to track the defective parts all the way back to the '17 Impreza...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I read about this on the news...I hate finding out about sh1t like this....this one could cause engine damage. Makes one wonder who sources these substandard parts.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I read about this on the news...I hate finding out about sh1t like this....this one could cause engine damage. Makes one wonder who sources these substandard parts.
Perhaps, naively, I assumed they tracked which parts were installed in which engine, and then which vehicle it was installed in. The first Imprezas to have the new engine (with this batch of PCV valves) were "assembled" in mid-2016 and the engines would have been manufactured in Japan even earlier. Now we're at the end of 2019. Really?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Perhaps, naively, I assumed they tracked which parts were installed in which engine, and then which vehicle it was installed in. The first Imprezas to have the new engine (with this batch of PCV valves) were "assembled" in mid-2016 and the engines would have been manufactured in Japan even earlier. Now we're at the end of 2019. Really?
Because I would think that they are just starting to see a significant number of failures. Plus the Crosstrek's part# is different than the Forester's and Crosstrek Hybrid's

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Because I would think that they just starting to see a significant number of failures. Plus the Crosstrek's part# is different than the Forester's and Crosstrek Hybrid's
Perhaps, but the '17 Impreza was also included in the recall. So the PCV valves that are a problem go back at least three years. We don't have access to the part number data, of course.

221 - 240 of 252 Posts