Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,311 Posts
Just got a call from our local dealer that they have the brake hoses in. Will take it Wednesday and ask about the new recalls...

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
On my MySubaru account I show 2 recalls. On the referenced site I show 3 for my VIN.
Yep, I posted about this earlier. MySubaru, the NHTSA site and Subaru's recall site all seem out of sync. For our cars, Subaru's recall site has the most up to date info.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Yep, I posted about this earlier. MySubaru, the NHTSA site and Subaru's recall site all seem out of sync. For our cars, Subaru's recall site has the most up to date info.
On Monday at 0800 I have an appointment at the dealer for my 30K mile service and the recalls. They have the PCV if needed but don't know about the brake lines. Apparently the brake lines are not a safety issue. It still doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
On Monday at 0800 I have an appointment at the dealer for my 30K mile service and the recalls. They have the PCV if needed but don't know about the brake lines.
Our dealer didn't have the hoses for a while but just got them, so ours is in on Monday, too (couldn't make it this week).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine is in the service bay getting three recalls done.
Apparently Subaru are aware of the brake line issue and had parts available to replace mine.
Ignition coil reprogram, PCV replacement and the brake lines.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Just dropped off ours for the brake hoses. Our dealer didn't have any and just got some. I also asked again about the HK TSB and they're going to do it but had to order the amp.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited CVT
561 Posts
I feel like I've dodged a bullet. My 2019 Limited manufactured in May has not been subject to any recalls so far. Knock knock knocking on wood....
Only one for our 2019 manufactured in March - the ignition coil recall.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I just got home from 2 recall resolutions and the 30K mile service. When I checked in at 0800 they tried to sell me on $500 worth of 30K mile maintenance items such as fluid changes etc. Of course I politely declined and told them to just rotate tires, check brake pad wear etc and whatever their checklist listed. All was OK. The PCV wasn't fractured but a PCV "kit" was installed. They didn't have the brake lines but that's not a big deal since it's not a safety issue. So they warshed the car as they always do upon delivery and I drove off. BTW here in Oklahoma we don't wash our cars. Instead we warsh them. Time for lunch!....

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Just picked up. They said there was no swelling but the hoses were replaced. The brakes seem normal - I tested it very gingerly at first before getting into Los Angeles traffic... 😸

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just got home from 2 recall resolutions and the 30K mile service. When I checked in at 0800 they tried to sell me on $500 worth of 30K mile maintenance items such as fluid changes etc. Of course I politely declined and told them to just rotate tires, check brake pad wear etc and whatever their checklist listed. All was OK. The PCV wasn't fractured but a PCV "kit" was installed. They didn't have the brake lines but that's not a big deal since it's not a safety issue. So they warshed the car as they always do upon delivery and I drove off. BTW here in Oklahoma we don't wash our cars. Instead we warsh them. Time for lunch!....
Is that with soap and warter?

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Is that with soap and warter?
LOL, I knew about the warsh thing (had some friends from there). And "waar-ter" is how I have to pronounce water (i.e. without my British accent) to be understood... 😸

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
LOL, I knew about the warsh thing (had some friends from there). And "waar-ter" is how I have to pronounce water (i.e. without my British accent) to be understood... 😸
This is turning into an Okie lingo lesson. But if you're ever in the NE part of Oklahoma known as "green country" you'll hear a unique pronunciation of the simple word "on". Native Okies pronounce it as "oh-on". This is one of the first things we noticed when we moved here from the Dallas area (Plano) in 1990. Must be in the Okie DNA.

I finally received my PCV recall letter in the mail this afternoon. It didn't mention anything else. Since the re-programming of the ECU for the fuel pump issue this morning, my car has seemed really spry and responsive to the pedal. Maybe it's just a psychological thing on my part, but I wonder if maybe there were some other tweaks in the software that my car didn't have. Be it psychological or real, I've enjoyed driving the car this afternoon.

201 - 220 of 231 Posts