Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(2019 Limited)

Day 1: the radio comes on but there's no audio. I turn the volume up and down, nothing. After driving a couple minutes, I stop at a redlight, shut off the engine, restart, radio comes on but still no audio. Park, work, leave work, start the car and the audio comes on right away like normal. This isn't the first time the audio hasn't come on right away but it usually takes no more than a minute to do so, that's happened maybe 3 or 4 times in 2 years. Thoughts?

Day 2: running errands, park the car, use the fob to lock the doors, come back to the car, grab the driver's side door handle to unlock, mirror turn signal blinks, door doesn't unlock, more blinking. Try again, same thing. Go to passenger side, door unlocks. Tap the "all doors unlock" button, clicking sounds, but I can see that the driver's door lock has not unlocked. Reach across the seat, unlock it, get in, leave. This has never happened before. Next time I drive, no problem with the door lock (although I didn't use the fob to lock it, I usually only do that if I open/close the hatch). Ideas?

Also: Happy Indigenous Peoples Day! Celebrate Thanksgiving? Sure, but let's not lose sight of actual historical facts while we're at it. PSA over.

Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
#1 Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day!

#2 It's a Subaru... 馃樃

Registered
2020 Pearl White Crosstrek Sport with Eyesight, CVT
I had a similar problem with the drivers door lock on my 2018 Sport. Turns out the small orange/red tab on the door handle was sticking. A shot of silicone spray and it never happened again

Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a similar problem with the drivers door lock on my 2018 Sport. Turns out the small orange/red tab on the door handle was sticking. A shot of silicone spray and it never happened again
If it happens again, I'll try that. Usually I manually lock the driver's door. My fear was that I'd be completely locked out of the car, not even be able to crawl in through the hatch.

Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
Your radio issue could be your amp going bad. Do you have the HK audio? There's a TSB regarding the AMP causing the radio to act funky like taking too long to load up, volume level not working/no audio, and static sounds coming from the speaker.

Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your radio issue could be your amp going bad. Do you have the HK audio? There's a TSB regarding the AMP causing the radio to act funky like taking too long to load up, volume level not working/no audio, and static sounds coming from the speaker.
I just have the standard audio package for the Limited, not the HK.

Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
I'm not sure if you have an AMP with the standard audio package but if you do it's something worth checking. If you're still under warranty you can get the dealership to take a look at it. Another thing to check is to make sure your radio's firmware is updated.

Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure if you have an AMP with the standard audio package but if you do it's something worth checking. If you're still under warranty you can get the dealership to take a look at it. Another thing to check is to make sure your radio's firmware is updated.
Yes, I always do the firmware updates! If it happens again, I'll take it in.

Registered
1) That behavior with the head unit was the beginning of the end. We ended up getting it replaced under warranty. In the end, the screen just went completely black, nothing.
2) The cable that latches/operates the lock might have come loose from it's holder. Happened to us on the passenger door. Pulled the door panel and reattached it, no more issues.
regards

Registered
1. I have had random occurrences of the radio booting up with no audio. Turning off the car at a redlight and restarting isn't enough time for the radio to fully shut down and 'cold reboot'. My solution is to hold down the radio power button and force a reboot.

2. This has happened to me once before, lights flash but nothing happens. Wife was sitting in the car and locked the doors while I ran inside the store. I used my keyfob button to unlock and nothing. This was within the first few months of owning the car. Almost three years later, it hasn't happened since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts